forum

[Archived] Audio lattency ingame

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PTrollYO
Problem Details:

Ever since I bought my soundcard (XONAR DX) and tried it ingame, it always game me delay on the osu' audio, so I used the motherboard to play osu and the soundcard for everything else.

I stopped playing for some weeks (typical break) and now I wanted to start playing again, but it seems like my motherboard has the same issue now.
The issue (audio lattency) only happens while in osu!. Everything else is normal.

The delay effects the "hit sounds" but not the music itself. The music is synced, but the hitsounds aren't. (by 0.5~1 second).

I've tried everything I could think of and I have no clue what to do at this point.

Hope you can help me out. Thanks for the attention and keep the hard work.

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Death
If you have a headset with digital surround sound capabilities, make sure it is disabled in both Windows and whatever separate driver program you might have for it. Along with that, try disabling all of your audio enhancements through Windows.
Upskirt
Here's an idea.

https://www.asus.com/au/Sound-Cards/Xon ... _Download/

Also disable onboard audio in the BIOS/UEFI.

I have a few other ideas so do respond if the drivers don't change anything.
Topic Starter
PTrollYO

Death wrote:

If you have a headset with digital surround sound capabilities, make sure it is disabled in both Windows and whatever separate driver program you might have for it. Along with that, try disabling all of your audio enhancements through Windows.
Nothing changed.
Topic Starter
PTrollYO

Venzire wrote:

Here's an idea.

https://www.asus.com/au/Sound-Cards/Xon ... _Download/

Also disable onboard audio in the BIOS/UEFI.

I have a few other ideas so do respond if the drivers don't change anything.
Didn't work.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does this happen with the default skin?
Topic Starter
PTrollYO

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Does this happen with the default skin?
Yes. I've tried some skins including the default one.