N E T N E U T R A L I T Y

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KatouMegumi
Tsubajashi
FeelsBadMan
abraker
Stop blaming Russian problems on Americans. You guys are the ones causing us the headache, not the other way around smh /s
Topic Starter
KatouMegumi

abraker wrote:

Stop blaming Russian problems on Americans. You guys are the ones causing us the headache, not the other way around smh /s
>OT
Pachiru
btw wtf is this sh- ?
levesterz
I support net nudity
Tsubajashi

abraker wrote:

that was clearly accidental. i wrote that while his internet cut off for a sec, without knowing that the internet actually cut off. i just gave an example how companies without limitations could act. aka, EA without limits as ISP would be horrible.
KupcaH
Попробуй продать гараж
Topic Starter
KatouMegumi

KupcaH wrote:

Попробуй продать гараж
nice joke
B1rd
Net Neutrality is a band aid problem. How about we tackle the underlying problem of the government-facilitated monopoly of the ISP industry, rather than try to use more regulations to fix a problem that was caused by government interference in the market in the first place.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

How about we tackle the underlying problem of the government-facilitated monopoly of the ISP industry
What are you suggesting?
DaddyCoolVipper
god yes I love it when birb elaborates on anything related to economics
B1rd

abraker wrote:

B1rd wrote:

How about we tackle the underlying problem of the government-facilitated monopoly of the ISP industry
What are you suggesting?
Break up comcast and get rid of zoning laws and other regulations inhibiting ISPs from laying down new broadband infrastructure, which creates an insurmountable barrier of entry for new ISPs trying to enter the market.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

Break up comcast and get rid of zoning laws and other regulations inhibiting ISPs from laying down new broadband infrastructure, which creates an insurmountable barrier of entry for new ISPs trying to enter the market.
ok this is reasonable. So what will prevent another company like comcast from popping up in the future? AT&T, for instance, has been pulling itself together ever since it has been broken up in 1982 and will get to its previous state sooner or later.
kai99
save net neutrality
Aurani

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

god yes I love it when birb elaborates on anything related to economics
That's my jam
B1rd

abraker wrote:

B1rd wrote:

ok this is reasonable. So what will prevent another company like comcast from popping up in the future? AT&T, for instance, has been pulling itself together ever since it has been broken up in 1982 and will get to its previous state sooner or later.
I don't care if one company has market dominance at any one time, I care how and why they have market dominance. If they have it by cosying up to government bureaucrats, then they've got to go. But these oil companies, it's silly breaking them up all the time if they're just going to form back up again, obviously the laws of economies of scale are speaking and indicate that in that particular market larger business entities are more efficient.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

I don't care if one company has market dominance at any one time, I care how and why they have market dominance. If they have it by cosying up to government bureaucrats, then they've got to go.
Yet you need laws prohibiting them using government bureaucrats, right? Or do you have a different method in mind?
ColdTooth
we're fucked
Topic Starter
KatouMegumi

ColdTooth wrote:

we're fucked
Move somewhere else. I heard all of you guys are going to Canada.
abraker
still waiting for b1rd's answer
show more