forum

What would be your reaction if your osu! game was deleted?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Frozz29
Goes on with life....
beachTurkey
I would re-install and play as guest

Remember, you're here forever
churrles

hirikios wrote:

So recently, after I got out of doing my busy work, I finally had time to play some osu and relax. But when I open my desktop, the osu shortcut wasn't there. I, of course, proceeded to search in the start menu because I didn't believe it was deleted of some sort. But when I find a blank corrupt icon in the file 'osu!', I immediately went "ARTHUR'S FIST" and reinstalled the game, waiting hours of it. My load of downloaded maps were all deleted :/

If this happened to you, what would your reaction be? Has it ever happened to you?

I don't have that many maps, but I'd be pissed. The time it would take to download 800 songs would be horrid for me
LuriCookie
I play on a laptop with 27.8 GB hard drive, and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall (back up skin folder too) after osu! reaches around ~1500 of them to prevent my space from reaching limits. Can't exactly just delete the beatmaps alone since they mess up the entire game for some odd reason, so uh- I wouldn't be all that surprised if it happened to me on the spot- just confused. Will just take around 5 minutes reinstalling osu! again and stalking multiplayer rooms just for beatmaps.

uhhh i mean i'd play a better rhythm game like elite beat agents hurr durr
ossha
i dont have to many maps so i would probably just reinstall
-cheesecake
I would either go back to GD or go play portal. No use waiting hours to redownload thousands of maps and waiting even longer for osu! to process them.
Alot
I would be super sad honestly.
violetweather
t
diseum_old
play ddr in arcades
Sevlas
This has actually happened to me several times... My only feeling was utter despair, as I had no backups whatsoever (that was when I learned the importance of backing up your songs folder). The time it happened after I only lost a few gigabytes of storage. But yeah, there was a lot of head banging/scratching that day.

Edit: Originally lost about 30 gigabytes I believe.
Achromalia
Bothered, but since I don't play it very often atm, I'd just head straight back to the forums., of which the ones I like are dying.
Vaxei Junior
Reinstall it because im here forever
KemZii
I would just reinstall all my 50 000 beatmaps back
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Couldn't care less.
Irreversible
freedom
Zodiako
Absolutely nothing
Chadol
I would get all my friends' beatmaps on a flash drive then just move em to my computer after reinstall
Kirika
I mean if it was just deleted I suppose I would be a little annoyed, but it wouldn't take long to get all my songs back. If it was deleted for good, I'd probably be sad :( .
WavePoint
I wouldn't really care. I use osu as a fun training tool.
Winnyace
reinstall the game while crying in my bath tub bc I lost all my precious pp maps
- Aoki -
I would be very mad, but I wouldn't stay mad a lot about it and instead of that, I would just reinstall everything again.
ReconWolf
wouldn't care,
i'll just redownload the game
ciara_old_1
wouldn't care, i don't even have it dled to begin with anyway
defnf
(deleted)
Naimae
rejoice and then start my beatmap collection from scratch while making sure i don't have maps that i'll never play/i've never played
Xettai
I wouldn't be too mad, since I already have my skins and replays uploaded on MEGA, and 95% of my maps come from a very large beatmap pack, the only thing I would be mad about is re-configuring all my settings lol
abraker
It's not a matter of if, but when
and I would prob shrivel in a sad corner for an hour before going on with my life.
Satsuki - desu
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MY LOLI SONGS !!!!!! J SNDK:LJSDD FSDJF NSDPO: FNDSOF SDODFASDSAD
(then prob just open my bookmarks and download all of em one by one again QAQ), while forgetting that I didn't even download the client to actually process the beatmaps
DominekGo
Something like this (redownloading couple thousand maps would be problematic)