forum

What would be your reaction if your osu! game was deleted?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hirikios
So recently, after I got out of doing my busy work, I finally had time to play some osu and relax. But when I open my desktop, the osu shortcut wasn't there. I, of course, proceeded to search in the start menu because I didn't believe it was deleted of some sort. But when I find a blank corrupt icon in the file 'osu!', I immediately went "ARTHUR'S FIST" and reinstalled the game, waiting hours of it. My load of downloaded maps were all deleted :/

If this happened to you, what would your reaction be? Has it ever happened to you?
realy0_
go back to gd
Cahyono29
probably like this
Thirty30
walk around in circles and then do something else
Pachiru
YAY~
TheMeq
I have a drive dedicated to osu! (My O: drive :) ). Currently, its' 126Gb free of 232Gb, that's about 105Gb of files, and these are small files. It would take sooo long to redownload all of these, so I would be aggerryy if they all just dissapeared :-/

Vuelo Eluko
i would probably reinstall it and copy paste the songs/skins folder from one of my older windows installations on the several hard drives i have lying about, i'd have lost a lot but not all of it.
Akanagi
play l4d2
Kasumi-sama
i would reinstall everything
abraker
reinstall it after maybe several months lamenting over that finding what beatmaps I had is going to be such a pain.
Surono

basara toujo wrote:

probably like this
thats hype circumstances..

I will play old games.. even de game was released when I wasnt born
_GhosTy
nextplay

Pachiru wrote:

YAY~
Piine
It would honestly be a bit of a blunder and an annoyance, but with the fact that their is beatmap packs (and heck, even torrents), I would be fine.

Though reprocessing them would be a pain in the ass....
zargen482
Flanster
*restore from backup*
Gintoki Sama

hirikios wrote:

So recently, after I got out of doing my busy work, I finally had time to play some osu and relax. But when I open my desktop, the osu shortcut wasn't there. I, of course, proceeded to search in the start menu because I didn't believe it was deleted of some sort. But when I find a blank corrupt icon in the file 'osu!', I immediately went "ARTHUR'S FIST" and reinstalled the game, waiting hours of it. My load of downloaded maps were all deleted :/

If this happened to you, what would your reaction be? Has it ever happened to you?
If it happens to me...
I will have a big crisis :D
twirl_old_1
i don't have that many beatmaps in the first place, but my custom skin-mix would be gone forever and that skin is my baby
six_killer18
I first cry inside then realize that all the maps in my osu! were from beatmap packs so I'd stop bothering to cry and get to downloading osu! again.

Not going to give up on osu! as long as my tablet keeps working.
rHO
eh, i'll be fine. i'm just gonna download the client again
-Makishima S-
Songs folder saved on home NAS so i could just shrug and install it again.
DR2L_
Redownload the game, skins & beatmaps and cry in a corner until its done.. >-<
show more