forum

Meramipop - Secret Desire - Dyes Remix -

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lavender
DuckNess
u should seriously make a list of every single pattern that u copied from rrtyui's map and post it in the description
Nathan
is this your first time looking at a skystar map?

he's been doing this for a while now with various mappers and they're all chill with it, it's not like anybody has patents over objects in a circle clicking game lmao
Yunomi

Nathan wrote:

he's been doing this for a while now with various mappers and they're all chill with it, it's not like anybody has patents over objects in a circle clicking game lmao

ANYONE WNA TOT PLAy graNBLUEEEEEEEEEEBERRY PIE MY nibbas lol!
DuckNess
here's all(not all but i cant renember everything) the shit u stole without referencing

01:46:122 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) -
rrtyui's platium 00:27:567 (2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) -
04:31:294 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) -
rrtyui's sea of memory 01:18:680 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -

Like its okay to use a pattern as reference, but it's no okay to litteraly copy the pattern exactly and call it your own without referencing the original context
DuckNess

Nathan wrote:

like yes no body owns fucking objects, but it's not alright to just fucking litteraly copy and paste a pattern
it's like copying someone's drawing and saying that it's your own
it's okay if u use someone else's work as reference, but u cant just directly copy and paste
ProfessionalBox

DuckNess wrote:

like yes no body owns fucking objects, but it's not alright to just fucking litteraly copy and paste a pattern
it's okay if u use someone else's work as reference, but u cant just directly copy and paste
These kind of things are inside jokes don't think of it as skystar using someone elses own work for his own good. Nobody gets hurt here and the mapper referenced shares a laugh with everyone (unless you are RLC) :)
DuckNess

ProfessionalBox wrote:

DuckNess wrote:

These kind of things are inside jokes don't think of it as skystar using someone elses own work for his own good. Nobody gets hurt here and the mapper referenced shares a laugh with everyone (unless you are RLC) :)
i dont get why he didnt atleast include rrtyui in the tags or the des or anywhere
i also dont get how this is an inside joke since he's not referencing a pattern(similar yet different) he's litteraly copy and pasting it
Nathan
skystar and rrtyui are good buddies so if rrtyui has any problem with it he'll simply speak up on his own, no need to be so self-righteous for him

mapping isn't something formal like writing an MLA essay, relax
DuckNess

Nathan wrote:

skystar and rrtyui are good buddies so if rrtyui has any problem with it he'll simply speak up on his own, no need to be so self-righteous for him

even having the idea of litteraly copy and pasting someone elses patterns bothers me because i believe that your map should be something that u created and has it's own uniqueness and personality
hehe
Osu China PLlaers Meetup 2017
-Atri-
So my, walaowey and Haruto's map should taken down because they copied Monstrata's geometric style?

Nice logic ma'am
DuckNess

Firis Mistlud wrote:

So my, walaowey and Haruto's map should taken down because they copied Monstrata's geometric style?

Nice logic ma'am
show me the exact patterns he copied
as i said b4 it's okay to use something as reference but it's not okay to litteraly copy and paste a pattern
Devon

Firis Mistlud wrote:

Nice logic ma'am
copying a style is completely different then copy pasting the exact pattern
Topic Starter
Skystar
calm down buddy, i appreciate EVERY single pattern i took from other mappers as much as you do, if not more than you. not only the ones in this map, but also all of my previous maps in my 6 years of mapping

i take every pattern with my respect to each individual mapper creating them, otherwise i wouldn't even bother doing anything

and yes i was making a list of maps i referenced, it just takes times lol i've already told that to several friends
DuckNess

Skystar wrote:

calm down buddy, i appreciate EVERY single pattern i took from other mappers as much as you do, if not more than you. not only the ones in this map, but also all of my previous maps in my 6 years of mapping

i take every pattern with my respect to each individual mapper creating them, otherwise i wouldn't even bother doing anything

and yes i was making a list of maps i referenced, it just takes times lol i've already told that to several friends
I think that u should of had the list already ready when u posted and i dont get what u mean why u said that u told several friends? Like wtf does that have to do with anything?
Lavender
granblue sucks
-Atri-

Lavender wrote:

granblue sucks
Fun Fact: I stole Ameth Rianno's pattern on rrtyui's double pendulum
ProfessionalBox

DuckNess wrote:

I think that u should of had the list already ready when u posted and i dont get what u mean why u said that u told several friends? Like wtf does that have to do with anything?

Nathan
haha don't worry skystar I got your references covered!!

jonathanlfj
RLC has warned us, but no one listened

ac8129464363

handsome wrote:

Osu China PLlaers Meetup 2017
RLC

ProfessionalBox wrote:

DuckNess wrote:

wtf? u got [bol d]beef/bodl with ME? if u got smh 2 say say it 2 my [color=#BFBF40]FACE.[c/olor]

i'll fuck u up, come @ me:
Meg
1. thought "who is duckness? why so angry?"
2. checked the userpage

4. ok
_handholding
Oh boi this is Road of Resistance all over again...oh wait it isn't
ProfessionalBox

RLC wrote:

i'll fuck u up, come @ me:

I mean if you go and map The Pretender then what do you expect? It has such a big status as a turning point in the mapping meta that you can't avoid being compared. In my honest opinion there are songs that are tied to such grand maps that they should be given a status where they are not allowed to be ranked if mapped by someone else (The Pretender being one of them). That being said I haven't looked at the map so I have no opinion on it, because the quality of the map is irrelevant in this matter. This is about preserving history of osu! and therefore I hope that this doesn't become a trend in the future.
byfar

DuckNess wrote:

Nathan wrote:

I agree with this statement to a certain extent. I believe directly copypasting from the .osu is unethical, but claiming rights (calling it a work, even) to a pattern is absurd.

I mean, lets be honest here for a second: what hasn't been reused over and over in osumapping? (a certain slider, anyone? a certain type of structure?) You could literally copypaste someone else's pattern by hand, and it would actually be totally fine!

-----
who cares man, everybody copypastes stuff. as long as the dude's fine with himself being .osu copied it's whatever tbh.
Gaia
help i copy aLL of cRyo's patterns am i going to get bnned
pw384
hey your slider of slope = +1.0 is exactly copied from XXX's map!!!! no copy-pasta!!!!! you should avoid any slider leaning $\frac{\pi}{4}$ or $-\frac{\pi}{4}$ to the horizon in your future mapping!!!!!!
RLC
hey! I took the liberty of compiling that latex code for you, so that your post can appear in all its glory below:

Totoki

Lavender wrote:

granblue sucks
As a slave of lord cygames I cannot ignore what you have just said.

Heil KMR

P.S. 我要草啊星
xxdeathx

DuckNess wrote:

Nathan wrote:

even having the idea of litteraly copy and pasting someone elses patterns bothers me because i believe that your map should be something that u created and has it's own uniqueness and personality
ITS

DuckNess wrote:

Skystar wrote:

SHOULD HAVE
Topic Starter
Skystar

DuckNess wrote:

I think that u should of had the list already ready when u posted
sorry to inform you that there's no such obligation that "u should of had the list already ready when u posted". i can choose whether and when to do that or not as i please.

DuckNess wrote:

i dont get what u mean why u said that u told several friends? Like wtf does that have to do with anything?
to prove that i was already making a list, before you came to rant here?
Topic Starter
Skystar
i lov when every map thread of mine eventually has to end up being a place for le hot memez, gud job guyz!!!1

i'll reply to mods later today so pls no more memez thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DuckNess wrote:

btw thanks for this it reminds me to stack 3 on the tail of the slider o:
Asahina Momoko
angry bird
pw384
thank you RLC for visualizing the LaTeX code!

ok no more memes

[IRREGULAR]
  1. 00:23:191 (2,3,4) - 正三角形更带感啊 https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9618165
  2. 00:50:087 (1) - 我仔细听了一下觉得这个slider需要一点slider art
  3. 01:06:467 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - 间距逐渐减小更好?
  4. 02:03:708 (1,2,1) - 强迫症死了
  5. 02:08:536 (1) - 为了突出这里我觉得不能再跟前面的stack了,不如stack到02:08:881 (3) - 的头上?
  6. 03:29:829 (1,1) - 最后两个note ctrl + G 一下似乎很不错(?)
  7. 03:56:122 (3) - 求你加个NC
_handholding
I'm more interested with how you managed to get a v1 thread rather than the drama
Plus4j
skystar現在是rrtyui的小號了
Petal
:o
Nakano Itsuki
angery in teh chatz
show more