forum

[resolved] osu! and its problems with GTX 1050 4GB (Mobile)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yadang
Hi, so I was trying to resolve my poor performance issues with GTX 1050 4Gb for a few weeks now. My laptop runs osu! very poorly when game is running on dedicated graphic card (Yes, integrated is greatly outperforming my dedicated card), we talking about 6ms+ input lag and about 90fps (ONLY WHEN FULLSCREEN). I created several forum posts for this issue before, I tried everything to fix this but no result. (Game runs okay when not fullscreen, but Win10 gives terrible input lag when not fullscreen, so it is uplayable aswell.

I found something unexpected, I just thought it is just my problem, but no. I bought 2 of the same laptops, for me, and for my brother, and he has THE SAME ISSUE as me! This can't be a coincidence. The laptop is Dell Inspiron with i5 7300HQ, GTX 1050 4GB, 8GB DDR4 Memory.

Things I tried :
Updating graphic drivers.
Disabling Game DVR.
Running on latest. (Somehow I don't get this problem on fallback, but fallback gives input lag to me aswell.)
Every setting in the settings menu.
FixMyPen
Nvidia Control panel settings.
Uninstalling Geforce Experience

I'm playing on integrated now, It is playable, but the lack of high performance (2ms input lag) makes me not able to pass any 8 star map anymore, (passed over 10 8*maps before).

Thanks for any reply regarding this issue.
Death
Many users across multiple games have been reporting that the latest Windows 10 update is causing performance with certain NVIDIA cards when running games fullscreen.

Some were able to solve the issue by completely removing their current drivers, using a utility such as DDU, and reinstalling the most up to date version of their drivers directly from NVIDIA's website. Others rolled back to a previous version of their drivers.

Another option people have been trying is rolling back to a previous version of Windows 10. If the newest update is the cause of the performance issues, this will fix the problem.
Topic Starter
Yadang
Thanks for reply, I know Windows updates aren't the issue here, I restored to previous update and same thing is happening.

I will try to install graphic drivers freshly when I will have time for that :)
Topic Starter
Yadang
Tried DDU, installed new drivers, didn't help, still same problem, I'm absolutely clueless about what to do...
Flanster
I suggest you check CPU and GPU temperatures. Sounds like thermal throttling.
Topic Starter
Yadang
My CPU and GPU performances are how they should be, temperatures also, my fans are not even turned on while playing osu, and my laptop stays cool.

I have this issue with and only osu!, I play PUBG at 60 FPS, CSGO at 150 Fps, League at 120 on High details.
Topic Starter
Yadang
SOLVED : Run compatibility mode
Godcera
How did you solve it ? I've been having the same problem. Please help
Death

Godcera wrote:

How did you solve it ? I've been having the same problem. Please help
This person posted their solution directly above your post. Please go through the entire thread because there are multiple different possible solutions in here.