forum

Large effective active area?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pandaBee
Are there any high ranked players that use very large effective active areas out there? As in large enough that they would have to constantly shift around their hand on the screen in order to move around. Was wondering how typical this was.
Endaris
I know that WWW uses a very large area that involves some arm usage as well.
Yurumo
I took a look at Cookiezi's most recent streams and it would appear that he's using an almost full area
judging by how much he has to move for cross screen jumps.
Akanagi

Pawnables wrote:

I took a look at Cookiezi's most recent streams and it would appear that he's using an almost full area
judging by how much he has to move for cross screen jumps.

Pretty sure he's using a small area. Definitely not full area. Around 1/3 of the CTH-480s area, half of the available area at best.

I played full area CTH-480 for a few months, and you'd have to use your arm a lot to hit cross-screen jump, which C doesn't do from what I can tell. Almost noone plays full area fullscreen CTL-480 because at that point it becomes martial art to do jumps.

Some tablets you can probably use the full area, but I don't think the CTL-480 is one of them. Atleast once you start getting into maps with larger spacing.
Topic Starter
pandaBee
Now how large is too large
E m i

pandaBee wrote:

high ranked players
Using supremely ambiguous descriptions with undefined ranges are we 8-)

I use real full area, even fully centered on the 16:9 screen and not mapped to the sides to be able to use more of it.
And well, I don't need to change the position of the base of my hand at all, it's constantly glued to the tablet in one location.

So I think the size of the area is disconnected from whether someone decides to slide their hand around or not.

Only on CTL-470 and CTL-480 though 8-)

Assuming Recia has not changed his area for the last 2 years, that's the player who is almost guaranteed to need to slide their hand.
Yurumo

Rayne wrote:

Pretty sure he's using a small area. Definitely not full area. Around 1/3 of the CTH-480s area, half of the available area at best.

I played full area CTH-480 for a few months, and you'd have to use your arm a lot to hit cross-screen jump, which C doesn't do from what I can tell. Almost noone plays full area fullscreen CTL-480 because at that point it becomes martial art to do jumps.

Some tablets you can probably use the full area, but I don't think the CTL-480 is one of them. Atleast once you start getting into maps with larger spacing.
I grossly underestimated the area of the CTL480.
Taking a look at mine now, I realize now that he's using about a third of it.

>.< My bad.
Topic Starter
pandaBee
So most players won't go past 1/3 of the CTL 480's full area? I'm trying to figure out a way to use as much space as possible, problem is i would have to incorporate a lot of forearm movement past a certain threshold. Is there any alternates or maybe ways to train the hand to be able to reach the whole screen without flailing about?
E m i
holding the pen a bit higher is a linear improvement

also the position where you plant your hand can for example be below the area vertically, and in the middle of it horizontally. which lets you bend your wrist in both directions, to the left to reach the left half of the area and to the right to reach the right half of it. I used to have my hand planted on the right side of the tablet area, this only really allowed me to bend my wrist to the left. I could cover more on the right side, there was just no area there.
Aegyo
Riince is alive again!