Is my fps decent?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I have frame limiter set to unli and my fps goes around 23 - 30 fps
My resolution is very minimal.

So is my fps holding me back?
I don't know if sudden lag is normal while in game but I don't think this is bad?
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play Time: 99 hours
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
What's that supposed to mean?
7ambda
Do you have "Reduced dropped frames" enabled?
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
No but that doesn't help me much at all
ManuelOsuPlayer

szkiller wrote:

Means improving need time. Try to rush skill makes no sense. Just have fun playing and play what you like.
N0thingSpecial
When two memes collide there’s no telling what will happen
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Means improving need time. Try to rush skill makes no sense. Just have fun playing and play what you like.
How is that even related to my question?
E m i
instead of talking in yes/no terms like most people (as an example, 10000fps holds you back compared to 11000fps and you might even avoid 1 100 during your entire life because of 11000 fps)

i will say it gives you a high input lag with a 40ms variability window (as an example if you press keys 100% perfectly you should get around 60% acc on od10!
very nice
and uhhhhhhh depending on prerendered frames... it can be likely that you are getting 120ms of input lag due to low fps alone, that's pretty hardcore

actually i'm oversimplifying because 23-30fps can include fucking 100ms frames, who knows, all of this is horrible
Yolshka

szkiller wrote:

I have frame limiter set to unli and my fps goes around 23 - 30 fps

Do i understand this correctly?
How is that even remotely possible to get 20-30 fps on unlimited.
Surely you'd expect to exceed your refresh rate, which i assume was the initial intention given your choice of frame limiter option.

Unless of course you play on your microwave.

Although if that is the case,well that's amazing, but more importantly, you should use a frame limiter option that conforms.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Well I think 30 fps is pretty high for me, and I get really happy when I reach 30+

But my laptop does tend to overheat very fast and dies in just 30 seconds if not charged
Yolshka
Yeah i get that,but whats the point of using the unlimited setting if you don't get to enjoy the benefits.

I think this issue was brought up like a decade ago, and peppy got pretty mad or something, probably because he is peppy.
N0thingSpecial
Dude rather than what FPS you’re getting, what MS you’re getting?
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
9 - 35

High ms means good right?
KupcaH

N0thingSpecial wrote:

When two memes collide there’s no telling what will happen
This guy is special
Endaris
No and no and no.
The lower the ms the better. The performance you play at is what many players would probably consider unplayable after being used to a better setup.
Either you have really poor hardware or a lot of crap running in the background or both.

Questions for further investigation:
What are your PC specs? Specifically CPU and GPU (if you have one)
Which release stream do you use?
Which resolution do you play on? Windowed or Full Screen? Letterboxing? Storyboards/Video on?
What kind of skin do you use? Upload it so one can take a look.
What other processes run in the background while you play? Do a screenshot of your running processes in taskmanager or something.
Are your drivers up to date? Check them. Use Snappy Driver Installer.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Endaris wrote:

No and no and no.
The lower the ms the better. The performance you play at is what many players would probably consider unplayable after being used to a better setup.
Either you have really poor hardware or a lot of crap running in the background or both.

Which resolution do you play on? Windowed or Full Screen? Letterboxing? Storyboards/Video on?
What other processes run in the background while you play? Do a screenshot of your running processes in taskmanager or something.
Are your drivers up to date? Check them. Use Snappy Driver
Installer.
To be short;
I don't have a graphics card, I'm on fullscreen, I use stable (I'm not a stupid person to not know that storyboards/video lags)

My skin is a very minimal one.
And I barely have any background processess, and my drivers are always upd8

I'm not a kid who doesn't know anything about his pc
pandaBee
Trade in your peppy points osu coins for a new PC my friend.
repr1se
you're going to need a better computer, 2-3ms is optimal -- 30 is just unplayable
Endaris

szkiller wrote:

Endaris wrote:

No and no and no.

Are your drivers up to date? Check them. Use Snappy Driver Installer.
To be short;
I don't have a graphics card, I'm on fullscreen, I use stable (I'm not a stupid person to not know that storyboards/video lags)

My skin is a very minimal one.
And I barely have any background processess, and my drivers are always upd8

I'm not a kid who doesn't know anything about his pc
The fact you're asking whether your FPS is decent or not indicates that you don't know enough - or at least not in terms of osu! because 30FPS would be ok in a lot of other games.
osu! is designed to be played at a minimum of 120 FPS, peppy himself recommends about 500 and it is possible to reach that with even lower end specs.
If you want to be butthurt about me asking questions or telling you that a lower ms value is better, fine by me, I'm just trying to collect information so I can suggest potential improvements.
pandaBee

Endaris wrote:

peppy himself recommends about 500 and it is possible to reach that with even lower end specs.
Wait, really? Even when set to unlimited my counter shows it only goes up to 240
repr1se

pandaBee wrote:

Endaris wrote:

peppy himself recommends about 500 and it is possible to reach that with even lower end specs.
Wait, really? Even when set to unlimited my counter shows it only goes up to 240
240 in menus, in gameplay it uncaps
kai99
i set as 125
Rynnavinx

szkiller wrote:

23 - 30 fps
I'd say its time to throw away your toaster and buy a computer that's not from the dinosaur age
7ambda
OP, if you're using Windows, then you can post your specs by typing "System" into the search bar.

You can also check your graphics card (you probably have one, just a really outdated one) by clicking "Device Manager" on the left side of "System." It'll be under "Display adapters."

E m i

7k fps master race
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

J_8579 wrote:

OP, if you're using Windows, then you can post your specs by typing "System" into the search bar.

You can also check your graphics card (you probably have one, just a really outdated one) by clicking "Device Manager" on the left side of "System." It'll be under "Display adapters."

Like I said, I know alot about my laptop, and laptops don't have graphics card(well most of them)
Nanachii
are u playing on a potato
even my soon to be 6 year old laptop can do 300fps
E m i
if it's legit i bet i can even guess the laptop 8-)
Lenovo 3000-G410
Kondou-Shinichi
fap per second
N0thingSpecial

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

fap per second
This guy faps
show more