forum

Can't physically tap fast enough.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Heartstrings
So I've been trying to play some maps with high BPM lately, most notably Freedom Dive which has a BPM of 222. And I get to the deathstreams and I can't tap fast enough. I am hitting my keyboard as fast as I can and I'm hitting most of the beats too slow once I get a bit into the stream. I've played on AutoPilot, still can't do it. Is there any solution to this besides buying a new keyboard?
Skeletroll
Practice?
N0thingSpecial
Wow same
ManuelOsuPlayer

Heartstringss wrote:

So I've been trying to play some maps with high BPM lately, most notably Freedom Dive which has a BPM of 222. And I get to the deathstreams and I can't tap fast enough. I am hitting my keyboard as fast as I can and I'm hitting most of the beats too slow once I get a bit into the stream. I've played on AutoPilot, still can't do it. Is there any solution to this besides buying a new keyboard?
Pick a bpm you can stream and overstream spikes until you can hold it forever. For example, if you can stream 180bpm, pick a 180bpm map and when you're getting SS on the stream, overstream it to around 190bpm, when you're getting tired, back to 180bpm and keep at it to recover stamina. Once you can hold 190bpm pick a 190bpm stream and spike to 200bpm. Repeat until you feel you reach a bpm where your muscles get out of control.
My physically limit it's at 315bpm short spikes. At the speed where you feel your hand dosn't hurt but you feel stressed stop and don't try to get over it or you will fuck your muscles. If your hand hurt you don't have stamina, or you're not using the muscles you have to. You shouldn't feel any hurt at any point.
Don't keep streaming at the same bpm for more than 10 mins or you will build muscle memory at it and will be really hard to move even 10 bpm from it. Use Autopilot at start of your practice to find the right fingers movement and then use it without mods.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/99584 Maps like this are the best to practice, so you never stick with one bpm.
Rynnavinx

Heartstringss wrote:

1. Yeah, practice. Start with maps at a speed you're comfortable at and slowly start playing songs with slightly higher bpm. Same thing goes for streams, except your streams will probably be slower than the bpm you usually play at. There are long stream practice maps with different BPMs to practice that, but I wouldn't worry too much about streams right now. But really, "any solution to this besides buying a new keyboard?" It's praactice. What did ya think? Unless your keyboard is actual garbage, practice will probably do more good.

2. Were you expecting to be able to stream freedom dive at your rank?
B1rd

Heartstringss wrote:

Nope, but I'm pretty sure buying a new keyboard will fix it.
KupcaH
Practice
Or use Relax
october
Build up from lower BPM, start with 160BPM streams and increase the bpm whenever you start to get used to it. What keyboard are you using? If its a mechanical keyboard then what switches are you using?

I personally like to give myself a timeframe of about month to get to a certain BPM. Don't try to think about improvement instantly, if you want to build up speed then think about it in the space of weeks rather than expecting huge daily improvement.
Edgar_Figaro
Your highest FC's according to your top scores are barely over 4*. You shouldn't even be attempting 7* maps at this point as you can't play them properly. It'll only build bad habits if you try to play stuff so far out of your skill range. IMO you shouldn't be trying to pass maps more than maybe 1* higher than what you can FC.

So once you can start FCing some 6* maps, then maybe you should try out 7* maps.
kai99
lmfao
Tae
you're 160k stop trying to do freedom dive
Thirty30
wanna be cookiezi? just buy the instant cookiezi maker, only $0.00 plus several more years of playing! so, what are you waiting for? buy today!
E m i
You all act sarcastic but this is a real problem -_-
You would (maybe, potentially) expect to be able to tap at a certain speed for uhhhhhhhhhhh, a mini amount of time, then start getting exhausted, can't keep up anymore, losing stamina... maybe after fuckin 5 notes, maybe after 20, whatever... then you slow down because can't keep up anymore...

but instead i'm sitting there on like a 50 note 240bpm stream, my stamina completely untouched, fucking yawning at how easy this is, but pressing like 220bpm for some unknown reason. Just can't move fingers fast enough at all.
A ton of people told me to not bottom out but that's even worse lol
Yolshka
220 bpm is where the game stops being fun until 280 bpm streamless alt maps
Endie-

Yolshka wrote:

220 bpm is where the game stops being fun until 280 bpm streamless alt maps
Thank god for mazzerin maps!

OT:
I always recommend new players to start at slower bpms (around 140-160). This builds up important finger control, which will have a positive impact on your streaming capabilities in the long run. It might be slow and boring, but it sure as hell is worth it.

To improve your streaming speed, simply push your fingers to their limit, and take breaks. Oh, and remember to stretch.
Good luck owo
Atara

Heartstringss wrote:

i genuinely hope you are joking

do you really think players are born able to do these things?
Yolshka

OfficialPyroh wrote:

Heartstringss wrote:

i genuinely hope you are joking

do you really think players are born able to do these things?

I mean freedom dive is a talent check map anyway so yeah kinda.

For some reason there's always that one 6 digit who can mash it out with like okayish acc and then proceed to die on the jumps.
spooky
Kondou-Shinichi
i mean if you just play more stream map you will definitely improve, wanting or not
kai99
i just recently got to streaming short 200bpm songs so like u need 350+ hours on your plate man