forum

[resolved] Cannot login into Osu! app!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
glowjimmy05
Problem Details:
I cannot login into my account in the osu! app. I am able to log into my account in the website but simply cannot log into the app! I am certain that I put in the correct user and password but instead says "bancho authentication failed. please check your username/password by clicking the user panel on the main menu". I changed my password to make sure I didn't put in the wrong password but says the error again. Also, I changed the cursor of a skin before I got this error so is this part of the problem? Another thing is that when I changed the cursor of the skin, it affected my stats such as my pp and level. I also found that after I changed the cursor of the skin, I didn't have and ranks [ such as the letters to rank how good you did like D, C, B, A, and S ] on my beatmaps that I finished. Does this have anything to do why I can't login? Please help me! Also, if you look at my website stats of osu!, the stats are still the same.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
NepNep-
Changing skins have no effect on your pp and stats. Most likely a coincidence.
Try running the game on Fallback and try to log-in again.
Topic Starter
glowjimmy05
same message popped up when running on Fallback
Death
Make sure you have the correct input language set when logging in. Some IMEs allow you to change your input language for specific windows.

Try typing your username and password into a different location and copy+pasting them into the correct boxes in the osu! window.

If that doesn't work, please email accounts@ppy.sh explaining your issue.
Topic Starter
glowjimmy05

Death wrote:

Make sure you have the correct input language set when logging in. Some IMEs allow you to change your input language for specific windows.

Try typing your username and password into a different location and copy+pasting them into the correct boxes in the osu! window.

If that doesn't work, please email accounts@ppy.sh explaining your issue.
Thank you for your help!
Death
Typing credentials into a different location and copy+pasting worked.
Darius_SD
I seem to have somehow been logged out of my account in the osu! app and when I type my username and password to sign in, it's stuck on a loop and it won't let me sign in no matter what I do, I need help.

Sugar_owo

Darius_SD wrote:

I seem to have somehow been logged out of my account in the osu! app and when I type my username and password to sign in, it's stuck on a loop and it won't let me sign in no matter what I do, I need help.

Please make this as a new thread, not as one comment on a old thread thread here, which will most likely not be answered ^^