forum

What did you wish, you knew earlyer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KillBottt
What would you tell yourself if you could go back to the you that first began playing?
What bad habbits did you build?
Before This post is gonna be spammed with it: Except for never even beginning because your life got ruined by osu!
We all know were just a buch of addicted rythm game fans...
ManuelOsuPlayer
What maps and mods play to improve and how to play them.
pandaBee
Beware of peppy and his cult of circle clickers.
Linck5
I should have realized earlier that when I see a double or a triple, it's not that I need to click the two or three circles as fast as I can, they are usually in a reasonable rhythm and I probably need to click them slower than I think.

But that keeps happening in faster beatmaps (for my noob level). If I see a lot of notes in quick succession, my brain kinda has a panic attack and I try to click everything fast without following the actual rhythm.
Akanagi

KillBottt wrote:

What would you tell yourself if you could go back to the you that first began playing?
"Don't bother learning nomod, learn boostermod instead."
Fl00der
I would go way before I even knew Osu!, and I would say to, like my 2 - 3 years before me: "You should start playing this gud game, called Osu!. Don't worry, it's going to be good, and you will love it."
autoteleology
Don't quit, because the game only gets more fun the more you play it.

Stop caring about your rank or your points and find measurable, organic goals to pursue instead.
repr1se
no pp if you cant aim
zeplic

Emersyne wrote:

Don't quit, because the game only gets more fun the more you play it.

Stop caring about your rank or your points and find measurable, organic goals to pursue instead.

my goal is to earn the uppercase Z for my name as the name change denies me the ability to do so , does this count as an organ.
N0thingSpecial
If I could go back 2 years I would tell myself to uninstall the game

Or at least tell myself not to map
Celine
Not retrying
Linck5

-bws wrote:

Not retrying
Can you elaborate?
N0thingSpecial

Linck5 wrote:

-bws wrote:

Not retrying
Can you elaborate?
Not engaging in the act of restarting the map without playing through the entire map
Linck5

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Not engaging in the act of restarting the map without playing through the entire map
lol my bad, I meant elaborate as in explain the reason.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Linck5 wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

lol my bad, I meant elaborate as in explain the reason.
Get consistence.
KupcaH
Play more tech maps
Topic Starter
KillBottt

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Could you give more details?
Chez
I wish I had learned about the mania game mode earlier and I probably would've played this game much more. I wasn't ever really good at standard. It felt a bit more sensitive to equipment than o!m and I've always had really shitty computers (I used to barely run osu at 100 fps on 800x600). This isn't really as big a problem in VSRGs imo. That's why when I figured out that holy crap I can bring O2Jam me back through osu! a year later, my game activity rose drastically.

Fucking combo for pp in standard, man. smh
ManuelOsuPlayer

KillBottt wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Could you give more details?
Spam what are you worst at, in the hardest way you can, put what you get from it to the stuff you was having touble with.
Celine
Pushing yourself way beyond your limit is as ineffective as retrying over and over for good acc scores.
Vuelo Eluko
wish i knew that getting myseif banned like a child is a bad way to quit
B1rd
I wish I knew how to spell earlyer