forum

Lifetheory - Daisy [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
error_exe777
bit disappointed that nothing was done with spread

still believe what i said is relevant in some way. Easy is more like a beginner diff in my opinion. its got really basic patterning for 80% of the map which creates a huge gap between easy and normal.

most of the map is like this and for a new player that wants to try something harder than easy they get stuck because normal is wayyy too hard for any sort of progression when compared to easy.

despite the SR, the diff is very basic and if those 1/2 streams didnt exist then this would easily be a beginner diff, rather than an easy. honestly, even if the icon turns to a normal (what you wanted to avoid) i still believe it will be beneficial to the spread of the map tbh.

if you want you can make easy a beginner diff by changing the 1/2 streams but eh, i just recommend buffing the easy slightly, in a way that creates more of a balanced spread.

while im at it i may as well mod because i found some shit
[Easy]

00:22:459 - these rolls are a bit of a concern for me. since the rolls here are basic [4321] it is easier to play than the ones at 00:11:793 - since its a less complex pattern. the sound behind the rolls at 00:22:459 - are more prominent due to the 1/2 clap sound. in my opinion, i would prefer if the rolls at 00:22:459 - 00:43:793 - were more complex than the ones at 00:11:793 - 00:33:126 - since the strong sound is on the prior ones

00:23:793 - this is weird, why didnt you add the LNs like the other diffs? seems counter-intuitive and makes things inconsistent between diffs tbh. i highly recommend adding them since it would make things more consistent and honestly doesnt give much variation within the map and gets pretty boring to play after a while.

[Normal]

00:21:626 (21626|2,21793|1,21959|2,22126|1,22293|2) - pretty long trill which can be avoided honestly. just feels awkward to play and doesnt give much variation

[White]

00:02:626 (2626|1,2793|2,2959|1,3126|2,3293|1,3459|2,3626|1,3793|2,3959|1,4126|2,4293|1,4459|2,4626|1,4793|2,4959|1,5126|2) - holy mother of trills this is a bit long

00:06:626 (6626|2,6793|1,6959|2,7126|1,7293|2,7459|1,7626|2,7793|1) - ^^

okay there are quite a few. idk if they are intended but i guess they're not the end of the world. other than that the diff is cool

[Hitsounds]

all diffs unless specified

00:06:126 - missing keysound
00:16:793 - ^^
00:27:459 - ^^

not entirely sure why you skipped them. i mean, yeah its fainter than the others but tbh its easy to figure out the key signature and if you map it, it can bring foward the sound more while playing (a technique ive seen a few people use). i mean, i guess they're fine without but would be cool if you added them.

okay i've been pretty subjective so if you disagree dont be an ass and be polite, thanks. that means anyone, not just the creator of the map.
Topic Starter
infilect

error_exe777 wrote:

bit disappointed that nothing was done with spread

still believe what i said is relevant in some way. Easy is more like a beginner diff in my opinion. its got really basic patterning for 80% of the map which creates a huge gap between easy and normal.

most of the map is like this and for a new player that wants to try something harder than easy they get stuck because normal is wayyy too hard for any sort of progression when compared to easy.

despite the SR, the diff is very basic and if those 1/2 streams didnt exist then this would easily be a beginner diff, rather than an easy. honestly, even if the icon turns to a normal (what you wanted to avoid) i still believe it will be beneficial to the spread of the map tbh.

if you want you can make easy a beginner diff by changing the 1/2 streams but eh, i just recommend buffing the easy slightly, in a way that creates more of a balanced spread.

while im at it i may as well mod because i found some shit
[Easy]

00:22:459 - these rolls are a bit of a concern for me. since the rolls here are basic [4321] it is easier to play than the ones at 00:11:793 - since its a less complex pattern. the sound behind the rolls at 00:22:459 - are more prominent due to the 1/2 clap sound. in my opinion, i would prefer if the rolls at 00:22:459 - 00:43:793 - were more complex than the ones at 00:11:793 - 00:33:126 - since the strong sound is on the prior ones

00:23:793 - this is weird, why didnt you add the LNs like the other diffs? seems counter-intuitive and makes things inconsistent between diffs tbh. i highly recommend adding them since it would make things more consistent and honestly doesnt give much variation within the map and gets pretty boring to play after a while.

[Normal]

00:21:626 (21626|2,21793|1,21959|2,22126|1,22293|2) - pretty long trill which can be avoided honestly. just feels awkward to play and doesnt give much variation

[White]

00:02:626 (2626|1,2793|2,2959|1,3126|2,3293|1,3459|2,3626|1,3793|2,3959|1,4126|2,4293|1,4459|2,4626|1,4793|2,4959|1,5126|2) - holy mother of trills this is a bit long

00:06:626 (6626|2,6793|1,6959|2,7126|1,7293|2,7459|1,7626|2,7793|1) - ^^

okay there are quite a few. idk if they are intended but i guess they're not the end of the world. other than that the diff is cool

[Hitsounds]

all diffs unless specified

00:06:126 - missing keysound
00:16:793 - ^^
00:27:459 - ^^

not entirely sure why you skipped them. i mean, yeah its fainter than the others but tbh its easy to figure out the key signature and if you map it, it can bring foward the sound more while playing (a technique ive seen a few people use). i mean, i guess they're fine without but would be cool if you added them./
I think now is enough, I dont want to make a full piano hitsound when follow exactly all the rhythms.

okay i've been pretty subjective so if you disagree dont be an ass and be polite, thanks. that means anyone, not just the creator of the map.
Easy is Easy, Normal is Normal, There is no way for people is able to play Easy, then they will be able to play Normal. There must be a span between them, Or else what am I doing? A bunch of similar diffs?

Asherz007 wrote:

Tofu was asking for opinions when I spotted there was an unused hitsound. No direct qualifications from this, but once everything's settled on this argument the mapset is free to be re-iconed.

Unused hitsound: "C4#.wav"

For future reference, musical notation makes C#4 better than the way they've been labelled here./done.

As for the issue raised by Sinnoh, I have to agree that the hitnormal is too quiet. The idea of the hitsound is to provide feedback to the player, so when these hitsounds blend into the audio, it's more counter-intuitive than anything since the hitsound may as well not be there. I would either increase the volume from the timing point (I would say around 55-65% or so), or you could replace the hitnormal with something that has a little bit of attack at the start so that it stands out a tiny bit./60%

By the way: 00:32:793 (32793|1) - is still at 35%. Intentional?/Yes, because Sinnoh said that this hitsound was too abrupt, but it really did correspond to the original song, so I reduced the volume.

infilect wrote:

Does osu mode Nominator has so much free time that can view the mania mode things?
Nominators are free to look at whatever takes their interest, and shouldn't be shunned away from anything. Just because we are BNs for specific modes doesn't mean we're bound to just those. Please bear that in mind and avoid creating confrontational situations. Thank you.
You know, the mod after the bubbled is always annoying, But thanks, I've now calmed down
Xinnoh

infilect wrote:

Regardless, 30% is still wayyyy too low to be audible, considering that you used 70% on drums, using 60% is more appropriate./I really dont like such a big volume, this feel just like playing a osu mode map in mania mode gameplay.
Reminder, you're playing osu. If you want to map without hitsounds, go play a different vsrg. If you want to rank a map in osu mania, hitsounds are required to be audible.

Does osu mode Nominator has so much free time that can view the mania mode things? I had confirmed with Blocko that I would have been approved as a mania bn had I passed the activity check, questioning the validity of my opinion doesn't do anything. I'm concerned as to why you're using personal insults to defend the map, rather than reasoning.

infilect wrote:

Easy is Easy, Normal is Normal, There is no way for people is able to play Easy, then they will be able to play Normal. There must be a span between them, Or else what am I doing? A bunch of similar diffs? The point of a spread is to provide all players with something to play. For many completely new players, the easy is just too easy, and the normal is too hard. Buffing the easy accommodates for a much wider playerbase, and the spread is a valid concern.

You know, the mod after the bubbled is always annoying, But thanks, I've now calmed down The whole point of a bubble is to bring it to the attention of others, I did not expect this map to be nominated when I first looked at it a month ago and had no reason to say anything back then. If you'd like a more in-depth explanation of how the system works, I'd suggest checking this video out
Rather than trying to explain why the modder's and osu's system are bad, explain why your map is good. From what I've seen, the only reasons you've rejected things is either you think your opinion is correct, or our opinion is wrong. Instead, justify why the map should stay the same, and why applying these changes would make the map worse.
Topic Starter
infilect

Sinnoh wrote:

The point of a spread is to provide all players with something to play. For many completely new players, the easy is just too easy, and the normal is too hard. Buffing the easy accommodates for a much wider playerbase, and the spread is a valid concern.

Rather than trying to explain why the modder's and osu's system are bad, explain why your map is good. From what I've seen, the only reasons you've rejected things is either you think your opinion is correct, or our opinion is wrong. Instead, justify why the map should stay the same, and why applying these changes would make the map worse.
How do you want me to justify? Call some new player and let them try to pass the normal difficulty? If you are a completely new player, when you pass a Easy diff, you will not directly try Normal diff? Or try Easy diff in other map? I believe most people will choose the latter.

What's more, I've used some 1/2 patterns in Easy diff, and if they pass this diff, they will surely know that there are a lot of 1/2 patterns in the next level of diff. The correct process should be: the player through the Easy diff, and through a period of practice before we can pass the Normal diff, which is a necessary span, and I think 1/1 patterns and 1/2 patterns are reasonable gaps.

So please tell me now, Do you think 1/1 patterns and 1/2 patterns are unreasonable gaps?
DDMythical
They're being idiots

This set is absolutely fine.

The spread is perfectly fine.

This is causing drama for literally no reason. The spread is perfectly logical and layering is consistent through the difficulties.

I urge error and sinnoh to apologize for whatever they've done here and this should be bubbled and moved on.
Litharrale
everyone talkin about spread and im just here wondering why the top diff suddenly gets 10x easier halfway through for seemingly no reason
Topic Starter
infilect

Litharrale wrote:

everyone talkin about spread and im just here wondering why the top diff suddenly gets 10x easier halfway through for seemingly no reason
fixed some
Shima Rin
Reduced hitnormal volume a bit to make the hitsounds stand out more. Patterns seem better than before with Lith's help. Rebubbled!
Litharrale
Looks pretty good to me

only qualm I have is that some of the piano hitsounds are on the storyboard when they have no reason to be but since the hitnormal is so quiet, this doesn't really make a big difference.

an example would be 00:11:793 (11793|3) - in the normal

I think these should be fixed before the qual just for consistencys sake
Topic Starter
infilect

Litharrale wrote:

Looks pretty good to me

only qualm I have is that some of the piano hitsounds are on the storyboard when they have no reason to be but since the hitnormal is so quiet, this doesn't really make a big difference.

an example would be 00:11:793 (11793|3) - in the normal

I think these should be fixed before the qual just for consistencys sake
OK, I've all moved piano hitsounds to the storyboard.
Asherz007
Though I can't condemn you for doing this, I will advise you against cutting songs like this since you're preventing the artist's proper intentions through the entire song being shown.

I'm assuming that the only change that's happened since the bubble is the keysounds in the Normal diff being moved to the storyboard, which is fine by me, but you probably should have confirmed that with a BN before making the change, since we need to track all of the changes made between the nominations, and changing things without notifying anyone makes it difficult for us because mappers may have changed other things in the meantime that we don't know about.

00:32:793 (32793|2) - I'm still worried about this D5 hitsound because of how quiet it is, so it does blend into the background a bit too much for my liking. I would raise the volume to 60% so that it can be heard without needing to stand out too much (this also applies to the same hitsound in the storyboard for the other diffs)

The background being in a .png format makes the file unnecessarily large, more than twice the size of the .mp3 itself, so here it is again in a .jpg format which makes the file about 7 times smaller. Put this one in the folder and remove the old one, reselect the bg etc.

1|2|3|4

With such a short map there's not really much to point out so I'll abandon my usual boxy format.

Life
00:31:793 (31793|0) - I would make this 1/1 shorter to give more space for the 1/4 movement. Same with 00:42:459 (42459|3). Just a personal preference, so up to you.

Other than that I literally have nothing else to say about the mapset. Mind you, it really does baffle me that you decided to make a 4k set even though none of your top plays (or any plays for that matter) are for 4k maps, but whatever...
Topic Starter
infilect

Asherz007 wrote:

I'm assuming that the only change that's happened since the bubble is the keysounds in the Normal diff being moved to the storyboard, which is fine by me, but you probably should have confirmed that with a BN before making the change, since we need to track all of the changes made between the nominations, and changing things without notifying anyone makes it difficult for us because mappers may have changed other things in the meantime that we don't know about.

Sorry, if change i will write them in the reply

00:32:793 (32793|2) - I'm still worried about this D5 hitsound because of how quiet it is, so it does blend into the background a bit too much for my liking. I would raise the volume to 60% so that it can be heard without needing to stand out too much (this also applies to the same hitsound in the storyboard for the other diffs)/ok

The background being in a .png format makes the file unnecessarily large, more than twice the size of the .mp3 itself, so here it is again in a .jpg format which makes the file about 7 times smaller. Put this one in the folder and remove the old one, reselect the bg etc./ok, thx

Life White
00:31:793 (31793|0) - I would make this 1/1 shorter to give more space for the 1/4 movement. Same with 00:42:459 (42459|3). Just a personal preference, so up to you./Ok, I changed
Thanks!
Asherz007
tfw forgot the diff name changed

1/2 shorter rather than 1/1 is also fine, the effect on gameplay is more or less identical, so fine with me.

grats on first qualify
Feerum
Hola. Grats on qualify.
But i found something that needs to get fixed:

[Audio]
You have hitsounds in your folder which have over 5ms of delay, which is unrankable according to the Ranking Criteria.

Following hitsounds need to get fixed

A4
A5#
A5
C4
D4
D5
F4#
F4
G4

Example of delayed hitsound:

Basically all Piano samples. I fixed them for you. You can get em here: Click

Just replace them with these you have in your folder.
Bonsai

Feerum wrote:

Protastic101
What Feru said
Topic Starter
infilect

Feerum wrote:

Hola. Grats on qualify.
But i found something that needs to get fixed
Okay, I've replaced them, Really thank you! :)

Already updated, other no change
FAMoss
.-.
Protastic101
Alright, rechecked the samples and the delay is no longer present. Requalified~

Edit: I FORGOT THE HEART
Krfawy
Congratulations! o/

Where them heart icons at btw. XD