forum

Dealing With The Transition From a CTL490 to a CTL480?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Manfred
A while back I found a Reddit thread where people discussed the "tape fix" for the CTL490. I didn't understand what they meant when they said it had tremendous input lag, so I tried the tape fix for myself and sure enough the difference was staggering. A comparison I can think of is it feels like driving a car on slick roads with the 490s hovering input lag and a normal road with the tape fix. The first problem I noticed while playing with less input lag was I was extremely unused to how precise it was compared to how I've always had it. Everything up until this point I've used a 490, so it was a huge difference. The tape fix was an extremely temporary solution in the end because my pen would not behave right at all, often just jittering out mid jump, so I decided to buy a less shit model of a wacom tablet.

I went with a CTL 480 because a lot of people suggested it. They don't manufacture them anymore so I found a refurbished but like-new one on amazon for $100 so I bought it up. I got it in the mail today and sure enough it's incredible compared to 490. But the problem is I'm unused to the lack of input lag, I miss sliderends because I try to move onto the next hit object. I'm sure I wouldn't miss these sliderends if I was using a 490 because of the slight delay with lag. This precision and lack of delay make finding a sensitivity, play area and even my old grip not feel right anymore.

So if anyone went through this problem please let my know how long/how well your adjustment process went, that is if you even had one at all.

And for those who are deciding on what tablet to buy, do NOT buy a Wacom Intuos Draw CTL490. I am so frustrated at how shit it was for my hovering playstyle that I would actually like to destroy it, but that feels wrong because it functions just fine if you don't use it to hover while you aim. So I'm keeping it at the back of my closet in case I need one again.