forum

Spawning Notes with your Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Trauma-
Couldn't find something similar here.

So...well i don't know if its just me or it happens to you too, lying in bed and listening to some music, when the music is catchy you start go into it and tap on the beds border or on the wall or whatever, however you get a great rythm and think "I could make an awesome beatmap out of that rythm!" *going into the editor, start mapping* ...."uh i can't tap this at full speed with one mousekey x.x" ... *setting up half speed, wow it works! \o/" *noticing the rythm is not as good as you tapped it before* "-_-"

What I want to say with that example is simply the fact that you can set notes much faster and better if you can tap it with your standard click settings like S and D on the keyboard, instead of setting up notes with half speed or even at pause because you cant click 180 bpm or sth. with one mouse key...
If you can spawn notes with 2 keys you only need to go through the song at full speed once and the notes are done, only thing you need to do is to check if everything is snapped correct in the timebar as you imagined while tapping, tough you can also do that while placing the circles. Usually this should give a great rythm in a short time. (At least if you have a sense of rythm...) Because I think you simply can't create a rythm that is as good as if you are "catched" in a song which you aren't if you have to let it run at half speed, pause it, run again and so on...
Also placing notes while trusting on your music theory experience can't keep up with that.

Of course you could extend this for creating hold notes: If you hold a key the editor creates a standard slide which gets longer and longer, till you release the key. As long as you do it in the center most sliders should be doable like this. All you have to do then is placing the circles and doing the slider shapes.

I think it wouldn't be to hard to implent the basic idea, I don't know about hold notes tho.

However, I hope you got the idea, thanks for reading.
(The title might be not perfect so i ask a mod for changing it to a better title, thanks)
blissfulyoshi
From what I am reading, you just want to be able to map notes by pressing your keyboard. \

First off, this can be easily done by external software such as AutoHotkey and KeyTweak, so I don't think this needs to be implemented. Second, mapping is a lot more about placement of notes in a way that fits the song / looks aesthetically pleasing. I spend a good chunk of my time mapping shaping my sliders to get the shape I need, so a faster way to way make an ugly slider is not going to help anyone.

That is my opinion on these things, so treat as you will, but I don't think this will get much support.
Haseo_old
Trying to map with a mouse could get annoying sometimes. I'm supporting this.
Sync

blissfulyoshi wrote:

From what I am reading, you just want to be able to map notes by pressing your keyboard. \

First off, this can be easily done by external software such as AutoHotkey and KeyTweak, so I don't think this needs to be implemented. Second, mapping is a lot more about placement of notes in a way that fits the song / looks aesthetically pleasing. I spend a good chunk of my time mapping shaping my sliders to get the shape I need, so a faster way to way make an ugly slider is not going to help anyone.

That is my opinion on these things, so treat as you will, but I don't think this will get much support.
You're missing the point. Many people add their beats before making them into sliders or placing them.
Topic Starter
Trauma-

Sync wrote:

You're missing the point. Many people add their beats before making them into sliders or placing them.
Excactly, i also mentioned it in my request thingy to do slider shapes and place the circles afterwards.

xDeaTHcOrEx wrote:

All you have to do then is placing the circles and doing the slider shapes.
Edit:@blissfulyoshi I just tried out the programs you mentioned and it seems like it can't make keyboard keys to simulate mouse keys...
Ephemeral
i sort of touched on this with the taiko live mapper i wrote a while back: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42367

unfortunately, i never did actually finish it and the most recent version i wrote is a broken pile of poop. use the 'old version' spoilerboxed to get something similar minus sliders
Sander-Don

Ephemeral wrote:

i sort of touched on this with the taiko live mapper i wrote a while back: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42367

unfortunately, i never did actually finish it and the most recent version i wrote is a broken pile of poop. use the 'old version' spoilerboxed to get something similar minus sliders
I never really understood how that live mapper worked.
Sync
The latest version doesn't work and there isn't a link for the previous version