1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Development
show more
posted
I don't think a leaderboard separation would work at all. While it is the easiest (and most expensive) option, it's not a 100% solution because you can't police that kind of thing at all.

The reason separate leaderboards work between standard, mania, and taiko are because they are game modes that require very unique sets of input. The very way the game is played is different from one another. The problem with touchscreen is that it's not a different way of playing standard, but it's just a form of playing that gives the player a unique advantage of not having to stress so much while jumping and aiming.

But let's say that peppy lays down his fist and by some miracle of Pippy, a separate leaderboards for touchscreen is implemented. How would this be enforced? Keep in mind that I've already said that the reason separate leaderboards between standard, taiko, and mania works is because the gamemodes require very different input setups. For example, taiko requires two dons and two kats while mania requires a setup that resembles a piano.

  1. An option that lets people say whether they are playing on touchscreen or not.

    This doesn't work. It might work in cases where the playerbase is loyal, but if I'm the kind of person who just wants to prove that I have a higher rank than others on a leaderboard, I could easily just play on a touchscreen device while saying that I am not actually playing on touchscreen. As long as I don't make a big name for myself, no one will ever bother to check my replays unless someone is bothered that this guy passed them on the leaderboards.

  2. Asking the computer if touch is enabled or not.

    This doesn't work, either.

    What if I'm a mouse/tablet player and I play on a laptop that happens to have a touchscreen? Should I be punished for forgetting to turn off my touchscreen feature?

    Will all operating systems tell you if they are touchscreen?

    Do all peripheral devices that are more or less "touchscreen" tell you that they allow touchscreen?

    What happens if I use a tablet that allows my fingers as input? It would require more hand-eye coordination than an actual touchscreen, but the advantage is the same.

  3. Checking how fast the cursor is moving.

    What would be the limit for how fast a cursor should move in a given amount of time?

    What if someone moves so fast with a tablet that the checking system thinks that they are using touchscreen?

    What if a tablet hover player accidentally lifts his pen just a little bit too far while making that one jump? Should he/she be penalized for that?

  4. If osu!lazer on mobile gets different leaderboards, throw them on there!

    Before I talk about this, I need you to know that I don't know if this is actually true.

    Even if this was true, however, people on osu!lazer mobile would start complaining that because touchscreen players have larger interfaces they have an unfair advantage over them and it's an entirely different game because of that. It would kill the hearts of those playing osu!lazer mobile on mobile and not on a touchscreen laptop.

    By the way, the only reason you could make a separate leaderboard for osu!mobile is because you'd be downloading the game through the App Store or Google Play or whatever, and the mobile app could easily check if it's the right version. But because you can plug in whatever device into a computer and because both a touchscreen and a non-touchscreen laptop both run Windows, the same solution doesn't translate well to dealing with touchscreen players.

  5. An osu!touchscreen policing force that checks everyone's replays to make sure they aren't touchscreen.

    Even as a serious option, the staffing required is ridiculous if touchscreen becomes more mainstream.


The point is that touchscreen isn't an entirely different game, it just gives an advantage in the same game. Unless you can tell by some magic that a player is using touchscreen, there's going to be no way to effectively deal with them.

Maybe the fact that touchscreen players have to move their hands in certain ways so that they don't get in the way of each other is enough to compensate, but that clearly isn't enough. Or it's just that the mapping meta doesn't make it an issue enough for people to not complain.
posted
For fuck sake, just globally nerf high distance spacing jumps, globally nerf low acc pp to give little to zero pp and stop blaming touchscreen.

Reading some people here makes me think that FCC is a good reason to exist and should be executed outside of US...
posted

[Taiga] wrote:

For fuck sake, just globally nerf high distance spacing jumps, globally nerf low acc pp to give little to zero pp and stop blaming touchscreen.

Reading some people here makes me think that FCC is a good reason to exist and should be executed outside of US...
You can't just globally nerf high-distance jumps/low acc and call it a day.
posted

citremi wrote:

[*]Checking how fast the cursor is moving.

What would be the limit for how fast a cursor should move in a given amount of time?

What if someone moves so fast with a tablet that the checking system thinks that they are using touchscreen?

What if a tablet hover player accidentally lifts his pen just a little bit too far while making that one jump? Should he/she be penalized for that?
Introduce a value called "travel distance" to all maps. This distance is measured by how much the cursor moves while the map is played in auto mode - not counting sliders or spinners.

If at the end of a play the player's travel distance is less than 10% of the one generated by the game then the game assumes there was a lot of warping involved and thus touchscreen was used.

Cursor movements beyond a certain speed (clear warping like half the screen in one frame) won't add to the player's travel distance.
posted
I started playing osu! with a graphics tablet, then switched to touchscreen. I currently play using a stylus on a Surface Book (i.e. a single input point) & no keyboard. I've used both a digitizing screen (the cursor follows your hand when you hover, so it looks the same as a tablet play as long as you don't pull your hand back too far) and non-digitizing (the cursor can't move unless you click, so it looks like the cursor is jumping around erratically). I've tried using a mouse in the past as well.

If you try switching from a mouse to a tablet to a touchscreen, you'd realize that there's a similar gap in ability between mouse & tablet as there is between tablet & touchscreen. Tablet & touchscreen are both free-moving, frictionless points for jumps (and if you're using a digitized touchscreen or a tablet, both with keyboard, it's frictionless for EVERYTHING, while non-digitized touchscreens are slowed by friction for sliders); mouses are not. This means both tablet & touchscreen have a massive advantage over mouse for jumps, or honestly for ANY element since fine motor control is way better on both. Tablets with touch capability can even use multiple points of contact if you set them up correctly, making the only difference between them and an actual touchscreen the fact that there's a visual disconnect (which you get over with practice). One of the best things you can do for accuracy is ditch mouse and go for a tablet, and there are significantly more tablet players in the upper ranks than mouse players because of this. Yet does anyone call for tablet to be ranked separate from mouse? No, because everyone is already so familiar with that technology that it's just an accepted fact of life by now.

Accuracy, while easier on touchscreen, is also not entirely sidestepped (that's why if you look at most touchscreen players profiles, even if they mostly avoid stream maps--which are near-impossible without keyboard--there's not some massive boost in their accuracy rating compared to their tablet-using counterparts). You're still moving to click something on time.
There's also a sizing issue--if you're using a touchscreen laptop or standalone monitor, NOT a phone or tiny tablet, they're way bigger than almost every graphics tablet. I have a medium Wacom Intuos P&T and that thing has like 1/2 the usable area of the smallest touchscreen I've used (Microsoft Surface Book) and an even bigger difference compared to the larger ones I've used (HP Envy x360, Toshiba Satellite Radius). The time it takes to jump is longer than for a tablet and while you can window osu! to combat this, that adds to another issue: blind spots. Your hand covers part of the screen, especially if you're playing in a smaller window or on maps with tinier notes, something completely irrelevant to tablet users.

We're likely to see more people with touchscreens in the near feature as the technology becomes more widespread and less expensive (and the fact that there will be ipad/tablet versions of osu! eventually). So acting like it's some scary foreign thing needs to die. And because of the increasing tech availability & the fact that people can now have had them long enough to be seasoned with them, we're also probably going to end up with more skilled touchscreen players breaking into the top ranks. If you could accept tablets, you will learn to accept touchscreens too. Calm down.

-------

The PP system weights large jumps way more than any other element so modern mappers have taken to focusing heavily on that. Maps that are less than a minute long and almost exclusively jumps shouldn't be capable of giving out so much PP to begin with, yet that's what the system rewards right now. Once that's fixed there's really nothing else to do and things will just fall back into normalcy.

lolarisan wrote:

It's good that u brought this up so quick peppy.

As technology is getting more advanced by time maybe there are other "tools" we should consider an fix on as early as possible.

There are certain companies out there that are currently developing eye-tracking software. What are you thought on this seeing as this may be an issue?
It's already a thing. My laptop has built-in Tobii Eye Tracking. I've used it to play and it's spectacularly annoying, since you can't look at upcoming notes lol. There's some footage from other people already up on Youtube (I recorded some as well but never got around to editing it).
posted

iridi wrote:

I started playing osu! with a graphics tablet, then switched to touchscreen. I currently play using a stylus on a Surface Book (i.e. a single input point) & no keyboard. I've used both a digitizing screen (the cursor follows your hand when you hover, so it looks the same as a tablet play as long as you don't pull your hand back too far) and non-digitizing (the cursor can't move unless you click, so it looks like the cursor is jumping around erratically). I've tried using a mouse in the past as well.

If you try switching from a mouse to a tablet to a touchscreen, you'd realize that there's a similar gap in ability between mouse & tablet as there is between tablet & touchscreen. Tablet & touchscreen are both free-moving, frictionless points for jumps (and if you're using a digitized touchscreen or a tablet, both with keyboard, it's frictionless for EVERYTHING, while non-digitized touchscreens are slowed by friction for sliders); mouses are not. This means both tablet & touchscreen have a massive advantage over mouse for jumps, or honestly for ANY element since fine motor control is way better on both. Tablets with touch capability can even use multiple points of contact if you set them up correctly, making the only difference between them and an actual touchscreen the fact that there's a visual disconnect (which you get over with practice). One of the best things you can do for accuracy is ditch mouse and go for a tablet, and there are significantly more tablet players in the upper ranks than mouse players because of this. Yet does anyone call for tablet to be ranked separate from mouse? No, because everyone is already so familiar with that technology that it's just an accepted fact of life by now.

Accuracy, while easier on touchscreen, is also not entirely sidestepped (that's why if you look at most touchscreen players profiles, even if they mostly avoid stream maps--which are near-impossible without keyboard--there's not some massive boost in their accuracy rating compared to their tablet-using counterparts). You're still moving to click something on time.
There's also a sizing issue--if you're using a touchscreen laptop or standalone monitor, NOT a phone or tiny tablet, they're way bigger than almost every graphics tablet. I have a medium Wacom Intuos P&T and that thing has like 1/2 the usable area of the smallest touchscreen I've used (Microsoft Surface Book) and an even bigger difference compared to the larger ones I've used (HP Envy x360, Toshiba Satellite Radius). The time it takes to jump is longer than for a tablet and while you can window osu! to combat this, that adds to another issue: blind spots. Your hand covers part of the screen, especially if you're playing in a smaller window or on maps with tinier notes, something completely irrelevant to tablet users.

We're likely to see more people with touchscreens in the near feature as the technology becomes more widespread and less expensive (and the fact that there will be ipad/tablet versions of osu! eventually). So acting like it's some scary foreign thing needs to die. And because of the increasing tech availability & the fact that people can now have had them long enough to be seasoned with them, we're also probably going to end up with more skilled touchscreen players breaking into the top ranks. If you could accept tablets, you will learn to accept touchscreens too. Calm down.
Tablet and Mouse players don't have a significant gap unlike touchscreen. Touchscreen is considerably different in terms of aim, of course. That's why not too many was complaining when it started getting widespread.
posted

NepNep- wrote:

Tablet and Mouse players don't have a significant gap unlike touchscreen. Touchscreen is considerably different in terms of aim, of course. That's why not too many was complaining when it started getting widespread.
Nah, the styles do have a pretty big gap, comparable to the gap between touchscreen & tablet. Play with all three one after the other. The gap becomes less obvious with practice but it still exists (this applies to anything, even outside osu!, like someone on crutches can learn to run just as fast as someone without, but it still takes more effort in the long term).
posted

NepNep- wrote:

[quote=iridi]I started playing osu! with a graphics tablet, then switched to touchscreen. I currently play using a stylus on a Surface Book (i.e. a single input point) & no keyboard. I've used both a digitizing screen (the cursor follows your hand when you hover, so it looks the same as a tablet play as long as you don't pull your hand back too far) and non-digitizing (the cursor can't move unless you click, so it looks like the cursor is jumping around erratically). I've tried using a mouse in the past as well.

If you try switching from a mouse to a tablet to a touchscreen, you'd realize that there's a similar gap in ability between mouse & tablet as there is between tablet & touchscreen. Tablet & touchscreen are both free-moving, frictionless points for jumps (and if you're using a digitized touchscreen or a tablet, both with keyboard, it's frictionless for EVERYTHING, while non-digitized touchscreens are slowed by friction for sliders); mouses are not. This means both tablet & touchscreen have a massive advantage over mouse for jumps, or honestly for ANY element since fine motor control is way better on both. Tablets with touch capability can even use multiple points of contact if you set them up correctly, making the only difference between them and an actual touchscreen the fact that there's a visual disconnect (which you get over with practice). One of the best things you can do for accuracy is ditch mouse and go for a tablet, and there are significantly more tablet players in the upper ranks than mouse players because of this. Yet does anyone call for tablet to be ranked separate from mouse? No, because everyone is already so familiar with that technology that it's just an accepted fact of life by now.

Accuracy, while easier on touchscreen, is also not entirely sidestepped (that's why if you look at most touchscreen players profiles, even if they mostly avoid stream maps--which are near-impossible without keyboard--there's not some massive boost in their accuracy rating compared to their tablet-using counterparts). You're still moving to click something on time.
There's also a sizing issue--if you're using a touchscreen laptop or standalone monitor, NOT a phone or tiny tablet, they're way bigger than almost every graphics tablet. I have a medium Wacom Intuos P&T and that thing has like 1/2 the usable area of the smallest touchscreen I've used (Microsoft Surface Book) and an even bigger difference compared to the larger ones I've used (HP Envy x360, Toshiba Satellite Radius). The time it takes to jump is longer than for a tablet and while you can window osu! to combat this, that adds to another issue: blind spots. Your hand covers part of the screen, especially if you're playing in a smaller window or on maps with tinier notes, something completely irrelevant to tablet users.

We're likely to see more people with touchscreens in the near feature as the technology becomes more widespread and less expensive (and the fact that there will be ipad/tablet versions of osu! eventually). So acting like it's some scary foreign thing needs to die. And because of the increasing tech availability & the fact that people can now have had them long enough to be seasoned with them, we're also probably going to end up with more skilled touchscreen players breaking into the top ranks. If you could accept tablets, you will learn to accept touchscreens too. Calm down.
your experience is using a touchscreen as a 1:1 input device...
posted

Coriolis wrote:

get a life and stop being mad over a circle clicking game lmao
a post full of wisdom oWo
posted

NepNep- wrote:

Since jesse just left, I'll be the one trying to reply.

Grim Rapper wrote:

SapphireGhost and Bonk (despite their inactivity) shows that touchscreen CAN have accuracy, it's the preference that makes it a technical limitation, do you still want to ban them based of their playstyle?
No need to mention the accuracy touchscreen players, The people here are annoyed at the 76% 900pp after all. We were never mad at them to begin with apart from people hating touchscreen in general.
Why I'm seen many complaints saying "BAN CHEATSCREEN" then? Also why in the previous post jesse said that the touchscreen is the issue

Grim Rapper wrote:

Why you're targeting me when I'm targeting about the controversial play? I'm talking about why when the controversial play received so many pp with that glaring accuracy, when comparing to YOUR insane streams play on Native Faith get less pp? or any straining streams play at all?
Assuming his "You do" is not a directed to you, but implying "You do" in a general perspective.
Jesse is correct and accuracy does punish pp, obviously. But you're right and accuracy does no punish you enough when you get it too low.
Fair Enough

Grim Rapper wrote:

but let's blame the touchscreen player instead, we know the pp system is FLAWED, but people enjoying it right? and A LOT OF mapper enjoy ABUSING it by making EVERYTHING pp-based so why not, RIGHT?
The people completely blind are flaming the touchscreen players, When it's the pp system being flawed, and touchscreen being vastly different. I can understand people being mad since a playstyle being very different claiming the top play. It isn't about pp, The very fact he was able to fc it 3 times in one hour, is also a reason. It's not just about the pp sytsem being flawed, It's touchscreen being largely different from other playstyles, and that difference is what enrages other players.
Why you're questioning the consistency of a player?

Grim Rapper wrote:

Still didn't answer anything imo, but it was better than ignorance
Cheers, No hard feelings
That's very cocky of you. I believe you didn't completely answer all his statements.
My statement in here isn't saying that "hah, you're wrong, try again" but simply saying that "even though your answer imo didn't really answer my question, please don't take this personal. We can agree to disagree"
Streams argument: If streams "can be difficult to aim", why it rewarded less than pure note-to-note jump then? and why Cry Thunder (that objectively the hardest stream jump today imo) only gave 507pp FC with 99.46% acc despite the length being 5:12 minutes? It's the logic of "this is an aim game" that makes the pp system broken in the first place

My Argument is still stands: This is a rhythm game, and that's the community's not getting. Unbalance in competitive reason cannot be justified when the factor of the "balance" is consider broken by the majority of the people
Cheers. No Hard Feelings
posted
Please don't make the old No Video mod scores get counted as touchscreen scores :/ currently they are
posted
Speed of cursor movement = no
"Cursor never appeared between two circles, instead only being on them" = yes
posted

Grim Rapper wrote:

Why I'm seen many complaints saying "BAN CHEATSCREEN" then? Also why in the previous post jesse said that the touchscreen is the issue
It doesn't matter that they can only play a select few maps if the maps they play are considered "overweight" to many players.

Grim Rapper wrote:

Why you're questioning the consistency of a player?
My point is on the touchscreen, and you're questioning that instead?
I used his consistency as a way of solidifying my point more. Despite that, I have other points that don't question his a touchscreen player. Am I expecting your thoughts on the rest?


Grim Rapper wrote:

My statement in here isn't saying that "hah, you're wrong, try again" but simply saying that "even though your answer imo didn't really answer my question, please don't take this personal. We can agree to disagree"
Well, At least something was cleared up. It sounded pretty rude so I was pretty annoyed. Sorry about that.

Grim Rapper wrote:

If streams "can be difficult to aim", why it rewarded less than pure note-to-note jump then? and why Cry Thunder (that objectively the hardest stream jump today imo) only gave 507pp FC with 99.46% acc despite the length being 5:12 minutes? It's the logic of "this is an aim game" that makes the pp system broken in the first place
I do admit that part of my statement is flawed, but because you haven't given a counter-argument on the rest of it, The rest still stands.
Stating "There are streams" and "You can use Sidekicks" are not valid for me.


Grim Rapper wrote:

Unbalance in competitive reason cannot be justified when the factor of the "balance" is consider broken by the majority of the people
The very fact it's a competitive game makes unbalance a major problem. We don't want to get passed by someone using a playstyle that is considered broken to you. The only reason why Peppy is acting is because of the major unrest in the people that are upset.





Now that i'm on my PC, my posts are nice and colorful ~
posted
Mouse players - please ban tablet players, abosolute positioning and lack of movement drift is too big advantage
Tablet players - please ban touchscreen...
sooo, lets roll more

60hz monitor users - pls ban 144hz users, more than twice refresh rate is way too big advantage
rubberdome keyboard users - ban mech keyboard users, it makes game easier
intel HD users - please ban dedicated gpu users since they get way better fps

and go on....

Still, discussion is pretty pointless. Everyone see problem in playstyle but nobody even think WHAT and WHO gave it an advantage.
Yeah, typical crybaby thinking... more like hypocrisy - I will see only one side of medal but other one which is even more dirty doesn't matter to me as much as I can use it for yourself. Stink from one shit but be against another?



@Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... a_mod_now/

Well fuck, as in every game, crying community always wins over proper digging deep into problem and considering all variables.
GL TS players, you got fucked up, I tried to defend you as someone who also played on TS and know the pain of getting used / input lag problems etc.
posted
Firstly, I'm sorry if what I am about say is ignorant. Also this has nothing to do with toucscreen; that does need change IMO.

People have been going off topic on how its stupid that often easier maps give more pp than more technically difficult maps.

In my opinion, if anyone has the option to exploit the easier pp maps, why should these maps get nerfed anyway? It's not like anyone has reached the point of completely mastering pp maps to the point where technical map pp and the pp system as a whole needs a rework.

I fully agree that its stupid that potentially better players are lower pp than others, but nothing is stopping them from farming those maps (again, I realise the touchscreen advantage and agree that that has to be addressed).
posted
The whole purpose I'm here is to try and prove that the touchscreen play he got was not deserved, and was overweight. In no way am I saying that touchscreen should be banned. I'm arguing about my point because as a person, I believe that reforms are needed. Sure, I'm also joining a few that I just felt like replying to.

Even if the touchscreen is a pain of getting used to, With it's input lags, etc, but even with those disadvantages taking the top play? You should think about the long-term more than the short-term.



I'm most likely seen as the guy that's "wrong" to most people here, The guy that's crying like a baby according to [ Taiga ], and I completely understand that. Even if you refuse to acknowledge my point, I understand that. I'm being very hostile in this post, and I'm fine with that. If some people get my point, then that's enough for me. They don't have to agree completely.
posted
I've seen some news about osu! lazer being playable on phone, if that's the case, can't you just merge touchscreen leaderboards with phone leaderboards since they pretty much have the same gameplay mechanics
posted
Not sure where to best post this, but in regards to the proposed pp deflation, I would much prefer touchscreen plays being unranked, and am strongly against any sort of percentage or "aim component" reduction; if all touchscreen plays are going to be labeled with a mod as broken and less impressive (which at this point is more than fair), then players should not be punished by having their top rankings clogged up with "unimpressive" plays, just because they decided to try out a certain playstyle back in a time where the extent of that playstyle's imbalance was not as widely known.

Unless we are looking at pp reductions of at least 70-80% (at which point you might as well unrank anyways), what you are going to end up with is a bunch of defunct profiles with highest pp plays all stuck being touchscreen, making it extremely hard for these players to enjoy the game when branching out into other playstyles (which they would probably prefer doing, considering that at that point touchscreen will have been officially classified as unfair).

I can also personally attest to the fact that the impressiveness of many plays on touchscreen is at best weakly correlated to their pp values, and that all 600+ pp scores on touchscreen are set on mostly uninteresting maps, that, while requiring a high level of competency, are likely not at the boundaries of what most top touch players consider very impressive (although I can't claim to speak for everyone here); having these plays be the "most" preserved under pp reduction makes no sense, and indeed any attempt at balance purely through haphazard manipulation of numbers (such as aim reduction) is unlikely to leave anyone satisfied.

Such attempts should only be considered more thoroughly if/when touchscreen is integrated separately into osu!lazer; until then, unranking the plays in terms of pp is really the only solution that makes any sense.
posted

freedomdiver wrote:

I can also personally attest to the fact that the impressiveness of many plays on touchscreen is at best weakly correlated to their pp values, and that all 600+ pp scores on touchscreen are set on mostly uninteresting maps, that, while requiring a high level of competency, are likely not at the boundaries of what most top touch players consider very impressive (although I can't claim to speak for everyone here); having these plays be the "most" preserved under pp reduction makes no sense, and indeed any attempt at balance purely through haphazard manipulation of numbers (such as aim reduction) is unlikely to leave anyone satisfied.

Such attempts should only be considered more thoroughly if/when touchscreen is integrated separately into osu!lazer; until then, unranking the plays in terms of pp is really the only solution that makes any sense.
I agree that the skill required for many touchscreen plays isn't very accurately represented by pp value. Some of my 300pp plays were just as difficult for me as some of my 500pp plays. I'm pretty split as to what the temporary solution should be, but I definitely agree that a long term solution in lazer would be best.

I can think of several ideas as to what can make a touchscreen play difficult and how they should be weighted, but at the same time I'm not the most qualified person to judge that and I don't know what priority a separate pp system for touchscreen would have instead of first improving the flawed system used for non-touchscreen players.
posted

freedomdiver wrote:

Not sure where to best post this, but in regards to the proposed pp deflation, I would much prefer touchscreen plays being unranked, and am strongly against any sort of percentage or "aim component" reduction; if all touchscreen plays are going to be labeled with a mod as broken and less impressive (which at this point is more than fair), then players should not be punished by having their top rankings clogged up with "unimpressive" plays, just because they decided to try out a certain playstyle back in a time where the extent of that playstyle's imbalance was not as widely known.

Unless we are looking at pp reductions of at least 70-80% (at which point you might as well unrank anyways), what you are going to end up with is a bunch of defunct profiles with highest pp plays all stuck being touchscreen, making it extremely hard for these players to enjoy the game when branching out into other playstyles (which they would probably prefer doing, considering that at that point touchscreen will have been officially classified as unfair).

I can also personally attest to the fact that the impressiveness of many plays on touchscreen is at best weakly correlated to their pp values, and that all 600+ pp scores on touchscreen are set on mostly uninteresting maps, that, while requiring a high level of competency, are likely not at the boundaries of what most top touch players consider very impressive (although I can't claim to speak for everyone here); having these plays be the "most" preserved under pp reduction makes no sense, and indeed any attempt at balance purely through haphazard manipulation of numbers (such as aim reduction) is unlikely to leave anyone satisfied.

Such attempts should only be considered more thoroughly if/when touchscreen is integrated separately into osu!lazer; until then, unranking the plays in terms of pp is really the only solution that makes any sense.
In my opinion, I wouldn't just make touchscreen players unranked. That's just a bit cruel. Yes, touchscreen is considered unfair to a significant amount of people, but that is not reason to unrank it. Even if peppy also says so.

I'd rather not get banned from the leaderboards just because the community despises what I use.

But I doubt heavily that a complete solution will be found. The most simple solution would be to just separate the touchscreen from the rest of std, which doesn't sound like a good idea if you dive deeper into the touchscreen players.
show more
Please sign in to reply.