forum

DonKat 2.0 2v2 Taiko Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aisha
First version

IMPORTANT: JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER FOR MORE INFORMATION!
also if you need a teammate, there is a channel where you can ask for someone to join in

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SECOND WINNERS:

1. waisa28 (iceOC & _fu) for achieving #1 place!
  2. tamakue3123 (ekumea1123 & tamakagi2000) for achieving #2 place!
  3. kddkddkk (pmriva & goheegy) for achieving #3 place!

Introduction

Welcome to the 2nd version of DonKat tourney! It's a Taiko 2v2 teams tournament based on team job. Every teams are fighting for the first place that will be really hard to get! So let's prepare yourselves and do your best! It's an International tournament so everyone can join in! Just read the rules (scroll down!) carefully!
This tourney will use score v1 system and will take place on December/2017
There will be a maximum of 48 teams, it would change depending on how much teams do we have at the sign up close moment, with a minimum of 32 teams.

Tourney Dates:

1. 11/16: Sign ups open
  2. 12/01: Sign ups closed (00.00)
  3. 12/02: Mappool released
  4. 12/02: Groups ready
  5. 12/03: Schedules ready
  6. 12/09: Group stage matches starts.
  7. 12/16: RO-32
  8. 12/23 and 12/30 (Excluding 12/24 and 12/31): RO-16
  9. 01/06: Quarter-finals
  10. 01/13: Semi-finals
  11. 01/20: Finals
  12. 01/27: Grand-Finals

TOURNAMENT INFO:

1. This tournament is for every countries!
  2. This will be a Group & Bracket mode tournament.
  3. 2 teams per group advances to RO-32
  4. There will be Loser bracket and Winner Bracket, so if you lose is not all lost!

IN-GAME PROCEDURE:

1. Every players will be invited at the time to the room
  2. The referee can wait a maximum of 10 minutes for a player. If the player doesn't come, the referee will ask the other team for a 1v2 start. It will depends on other team if they want to play or not. Have in mind if there's an 1v1 match you are forced to play unless you want a default lose.
  3. Captains will decide if they want to pick a warm-up map (under 3:30 length) and order doesn't matter.
  4. Captains will use <!roll> command. Lower roll will start banning then higher roll bans (2 bans each team).
  5. After banning stage is ready, higher roll picks their first map then lower roll picks theirs. Continue until match is done.
  6. Every players MUST have the mappool, the referee can start without players if they don't have the pool (referee criteria).
  7. If a player get disconnected for some reason in the first 10 seconds of the song, the referee will abort the game and restart it.
  8. If it happens after 10 seconds, the score before the disconnect will be counted.
  9. Referee can penalize teams if some player have a bad-behaviour in the game room.
  10. Once the match have finished, the room will be completely closed.
  11. If a player fails in a song then his score is not counting. If everyplayer fails then the referee is going to make a sum of their scores then comparing.
  12. IMPORTANT: If there is any tie then there is not point for any team, map will be considered as played. If there is a tie on the tiebreak then teams are going to repeat it with freemod conditions.
  13. IMPORTANT: Free mod maps NEED to use at LEAST 1 mod per team (only HD, HR or FL allowed)

GENERAL CONDITIONS

1. Mode: Team VS (2v2)
  2. Win Condition: Score
  3. Scorev1
  4. Slots 1-2 Blue team. Slot 3-4 Red team.
  5. Every players will be Locked in their slots.
  6. First Group Stage: BO5
  7. RO-32: BO7
  8. RO-16: BO7
  9. Quarter-Finals: BO9
  10. Semi-Finals: BO11
  11. Finals: BO11
  12. Grand Finals: BO13
  13. IMPORTANT!: There can't be two players with more than 9000 pp in the same team! (It's focused on balanced teams)

IN CASE OF TIE
Priority will be:
Most matches won.
Have higher {(the number of maps won) - (the number of maps defeated)}.
Most maps won.
Have higher ∑{(total score difference) / (maximum score)}.
Winner of the rematch.

PRIZES
Profile badge for winning team:
Banner for first, second and third place team!

TOURNAMENT STAFF

Organization: xfraczynho
Co-Organization: Backfire
Mappool Selectors: Backfire, Charlotte, Zetera
Referees: Darksonic, Garpo, tkdLolly, Friggy-chan, cactusthegreat, Eiuh, fajar13k, DarkVortex
Statistics and Schedules: JDrago14, fajar13k
Designer: Crissaegrim, fajar13k
Streamers and casters: Friggy-chan, Dargin, Darksonic

Looking for tourney staff!
Drecksackblase
Hype ^^
Midnaait
:thinking:
Pochacco
looking forward on this version :D
Edgar_Figaro
Well guess I should try out again. Hoping I do better than last year (need more tournament exposure to work out my nerves)
Surono
Raytoly
Let's go :^)
Eiuh

Cocoaaa wrote:

Let's go :^)
thai-ko xddd
PatZar
should i join? :^)
pmriva
hyep
Surono

PatZar wrote:

should i join? :^)
for what!?1///////////////////

join byone
Etsu
taco hype :^
Maya Tendo
オイオイオイ、俺はMrriichi
Nwolf
Good luck for the tournament, however... do you really want to have matches on the weekend of Christmas eve? I think a lot of people will be spending time with their family on that weekend. Personally, I'd rather think everyone is more available for playing on December 30th, just thought I'd raise that discussion...
Edgar_Figaro

Nwolf wrote:

Good luck for the tournament, however... do you really want to have matches on the weekend of Christmas eve? I think a lot of people will be spending time with their family on that weekend. Personally, I'd rather think everyone is more available for playing on December 30th, just thought I'd raise that discussion...
Yeah tbh that’s the reason I didn’t sign up for this tournament
Misieuroo

Nwolf wrote:

I think a lot of people will be spending time with their family on that weekend. Personally, I'd rather think everyone is more available for playing on December 30th
Same problem here I guess.
Topic Starter
Aisha

Nwolf wrote:

Uhh you're right, somehow I just skipped new year but didn't think about christmas. I think I'm gonna swap to friday and saturday (another option is playing on Saturday 23 and Saturday 30) to don't make a 3 weeks break. I'm gonna make a votation about this, thanks for noticing tho : P
Nifty
owo it's here
Topic Starter
Aisha
Thank you all for playing and helping. It was so fun!