forum

how to not overaim and be consistent with aim

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oamleya
what do i mean
so i've been trying really hard to get my first 7* fc and tried play this map and failed miserably. most of the jumps i know i could do but i notice i kept overaiming the short-ish parts and most of the time failed at those parts. I also noticed with songs like snow drive(the new one) i missed a lot due to overaiming short patterns at the start of the map. I also noticed my aim is super inconsistent as i cant do the same patterns over and over or i misread it.

Since i switched to a tablet, what should i do to prevent this? (also i drag on my tablet,not hover since i play on a very low surface area)

edit : i meant pass not fc rip lol
N0thingSpecial
Try 4*, like spend a good 100 hours on 4*
KupcaH
By not rushing into seven star maps.
Play 4-5* maps and get good at them.
Vuelo Eluko
What makes you think you're ready to FC 7* maps? Go back to basics. ~4*, don't retry so much, play long maps to the end, have an obnoxiously painful miss sound so your brain knows it's bad.
Endie-
7 star fc? holy shit pm me when that happens
NightNarumi
Fc’ing a 7* map?
Wait, I think I missed something here...
chubbagubba
90k and fc'ing a 7* :thinking:
Lyawi
I guess you meant to get a pass on that map. Using a bigger area could help when you feel like you're overaiming. Also, the reason you failed miserably could be that you're not ready to play hard maps like this one yet, start with something easier to get better.
Topic Starter
oamleya
just noticed i wrote fc instead of pass(wtf lol)
I meant pass fellas not fc xd
Topic Starter
oamleya

chubbagubba wrote:

90k and fc'ing a 7* :thinking:

NightNarumi wrote:

Fc’ing a 7* map?
Wait, I think I missed something here...

Endie- wrote:

7 star fc? holy shit pm me when that happens
i meant pass xd
Zedek117
Want consistent aim? Play marathon maps. Also are you sure you're ready to even pass 7 star maps?
Skidayo
just buy a touchscreen
ez 9* fc
Topic Starter
oamleya

Zedek117 wrote:

Want consistent aim? Play marathon maps. Also are you sure you're ready to even pass 7 star maps?
probably/probably not. but i want consistent aim, since my hand either messes up slow parts or shakes vigorously at the end zz
Mio Winter
I think you'll learn consistent aim faster by playing really difficult beatmaps where you'll miss a lot. (Contrary to popular advice. Please don't hurt me.)

This is because without misses, your brain won't get any negative feedback. It will only learn what to do, not what to not do. If you skip negative feedback, it's like you're cutting off half of the learning process. It seems likely to me that you'll learn faster with a more balanced diet of positive and negative feedback. I could be wrong, however. (I can go into the details of why I think this, if poked.)

However... If you care about more than aim... Say, if you care about accuracy as well, then playing only playing maps where you miss a lot will probably not be a good idea. If all your attention is spent on hitting the circles at all, then no attention is left for hitting the circles with correct timing. And because you only get better at what you focus on, you won't get better at accuracy (or at least, you'll get better at accuracy at a much slower rate than players who play lower-star maps).
N0thingSpecial

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Try 4*, like spend a good 100 hours on 4*
This is still applicable, build muscle memory for consistent aim
Vuelo Eluko

Mio Winter wrote:

I think you'll learn consistent aim faster by playing really difficult beatmaps where you'll miss a lot. (Contrary to popular advice. Please don't hurt me.)

This is because without misses, your brain won't get any negative feedback. It will only learn what to do, not what to not do. If you skip negative feedback, it's like you're cutting off half of the learning process. It seems likely to me that you'll learn faster with a more balanced diet of positive and negative feedback. I could be wrong, however. (I can go into the details of why I think this, if poked.)

However... If you care about more than aim... Say, if you care about accuracy as well, then playing only playing maps where you miss a lot will probably not be a good idea. If all your attention is spent on hitting the circles at all, then no attention is left for hitting the circles with correct timing. And because you only get better at what you focus on, you won't get better at accuracy (or at least, you'll get better at accuracy at a much slower rate than players who play lower-star maps).

perhaps some sort of electro shock setup that hits you when you combo break
your desire to play will plummet incredibly fast but if you somehow stuck to it you'd go far
My Angel Jeremy

Skidayo wrote:

just buy a touchscreen
ez 9* fc
T H i s
Celine
really triggers me when some 6 digit complain about not being able to do jumps, streams, etc while all they play is fcking 7*
Vuelo Eluko

-bws wrote:

really triggers me when some 6 digit complain about not being able to do jumps, streams, etc while all they play is fcking 7*
i dont even know how they do it, I'm well above 6 digits (i think.. i don't play online anymore so i can't be sure) and i struggle to pass 6-6.5* at reasonable hp drain i.e 7+
7* just isnt going to happen for me unless it's very low hp drain, like 5 or less..

how do they do it while having so much less experience
Rynnavinx

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i dont even know how they do it, I'm well above 6 digits (i think.. i don't play online anymore so i can't be sure) and i struggle to pass 6-6.5* at reasonable hp drain i.e 7+
7* just isnt going to happen for me unless it's very low hp drain, like 5 or less..

NF
Celine
You missed my point
pandaBee

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

I'm well above 6 digits (i think.. i don't play online anymore so i can't be sure) and i struggle to pass 6-6.5* at reasonable hp drain i.e 7+

Talent is a thing
Vuelo Eluko

pandaBee wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

I'm well above 6 digits (i think.. i don't play online anymore so i can't be sure) and i struggle to pass 6-6.5* at reasonable hp drain i.e 7+

Talent is a thing
doesn't really same relevant
they wouldn't be 6 digits if they had the ability to play 7*... they should easily be better than me, even
E m i
I don't know, maybe bad peripheral vision + brain damage. That seems to be my problem as my aim is super inconsistent and I am getting super weird misaims for example on maps that don't have... good geometry, but what do I even mean by that?

Well, maps where you need to recognize each circle's position separately, and can't just make a shitton of assumptions based on angles and distances that have predictable/obvious ratios.

The best thing was when I made an ar7 edit of some arles map, easy to read, okay.
But I was aiming right next to every circle, like i had a reading problem with the fucking LOCATION of the circles.

As it stands I have 12 easy 6.7-7.17 star FCs because they have good geometry, the spacing is MEDIUM, and the BPM is MEDIUM-HIGH. If we swap them around and play a ~7 star map that has MEDIUM-HIGH spacing and MEDIUM BPM (example: choco butter choco cookie), it becomes fucking impossible to aim because the focus shifts to recognizing the position of the circles? Maybe, but it's not like even that makes sense.

Eyes half closed DT is officially easier than CBCC because despite being 303.75 bpm, it has lower spacing.
Mio Winter

Momiji wrote:

The best thing was when I made an ar7 edit of some arles map, easy to read, okay.
Couldn't agree more. I usually do ar7-edit Arles maps for some light reading eyes half closed during shiawase tea time after breakfast every day.
E m i

Mio Winter wrote:

Momiji wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I usually do ar7-edit Arles maps for some light reading eyes half closed during shiawase tea time after breakfast every day.
It becomes turbo fun if I make them cs2-cs3, and also AR6-6.5 so that it hits a sweet spot of being slightly hard to read because EZ and thus AR4.5-5 is uhhhhh... way more hard than it logically should be.
Vuelo Eluko
ar8+hd life
Fxjlk

oamleya wrote:

so i've been trying really hard to get my first 7* pass
Airman is an easy 7 star pass https://osu.ppy.sh/s/24313

star rating does not mean a map is hard to pass, low hp maps are easy to pass.
Endie-
Don't jump on the horse when you don't even know how to ride.
Start at maps you can barely pass and work your way up from there.

I swear to god 50% of every aspiring 6 digit player has this weird tendency to play maps they aren't even remotley capable of doing. Whats the point? You just end up missing half the circles anyway. You won't gain any skill when you're mindlessly flinging your cursor all over the place.
E m i
the point is to play a variety of maps with varying difficulty

i play maps that are needlessly easy, needlessly hard, both of those in VARYING different ways, and practice not only every aspect of the game, but even fucking aspects of aspects (like od10 120bpm streams, is that acc practice? no... that's an overly specific type of acc but at least i don't limit myself to only 1 aspect of the game)

when i play 11 star rabbit jumping style dt maps it's because i play a game and not 1 type of map forever

similarily when 6 digits play excessively hard maps it's because they play osu and they play circle game.

I can at most hope that the minor part of the game only takes up a minor amount of their playtime but it's not like even that matters in any solid way (cuz it's game... i want to be a balanced player but if it matters less to someone then it will matter less to them, simple)
show more