forum

[10k-25k] Player x Mapper tournament (Completed! Winner - Joezapy)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Senko-san
I'm probably gonna regret this..

Player x Mapper Tournament

Signups are full (Unless you want to apply to be a backup player)

Discord | Map Pools / Schedule | Signup | Stream

Introduction

In my time playing osu (including tournaments) as well as mapping, I've noticed a divide between these two sides of the community. Aside from a few big name high level players (Azer, Emilia, etc), it seems that A lot of players tend to one side of the community or the other. With this tournament, I hope to at least start a change in this, introducing some tournament focused players to mappers and the mapping scene and vice versa.

Since this is the first time I'm going to be running a tournament, I'm keeping it relatively small, but if this tournament ends up being successful I'll probably run it again next year, just bigger.

What is this Tournament?

The Player x Mapper Tournament will be a 16 person 1v1 tournament for the 10k-25k rank ranges using the Score V1 scoring system. The tourmament will be Single Elimination with a Third Place Match.
Each player that signs up will be asked to choose a mapper to represent in the tournament. Once a mapper is chosen, the player makes a pool of only that mapper's maps (Two Nomod, One each of HD/HR/DT). Only maps made by your selected mapper can be used. This includes their guest difficulties on other maps, but NOT collabs with other mappers. Maps must be between 4.65* and 5.35* WITH MODS ENABLED.
Once you've submitted a valid pool, you will be locked in for that mapper (no one else can choose them), so pick early to get the mapper you want. You will be playing to win supporter for both yourself AND your chosen mapper.

Note: You cannot pick yourself as a mapper. You also cannot pick any of the tournament staff (In Blue or Green roles in Discord) as your mapper. Also please make sure the mapper you are choosing has 5 rankable qualitity maps. You could just choose your irl friend, but if their maps aren't up to rank standard your entry will be rejected.

Match Procedure

The Ref of your match will invite you to the game starting 10 minutes before the match is scheduled. If one player does not join the map within 10 minutes of the scheduled start time, the opponent player gets one point. After 20 minutes, the absent player forfiets the match and is out of the tournament.
If both players agree, Warmup maps can be played, but there is a maximum drain time of 3 minutes on any warmup map.
After warmups (or immediately if players do not want to play them) Each player will roll. High roll and Picks first.
Players proceed to pick from eachother's pools (meaning you don't get to pick the maps from the pool you made) until one player reaches three map wins (4 in the finals/3rd place match)
If a Tiebreaker map is to be played, there will be 3 possible maps to pick from. The map will be picked from a mapper that is paired with neither player (and if all tiebreakers are neutral, a !roll will determine the TB)
Once the match is finished, the result is posted in the match results discord channel.

Questions?

If you have any questions, feel free to join the Discord and ask away in the tournament discussion channel.

Signups are open until 16 valid entries are submitted OR Sunday the 19th at 11:59pm Eastern (Thats 5am UTC) CLOSED
Meow Mix
!!!
Stupid Idiot
New tourneys rolling in real quick! owo
Misery
A N O T H E R O N E
oshit wrong mem
Nao Tomori
awesome idea~ too bad i can't join =(
WriggleNightbug
Why must you have such a small window for players with this rank range?

I WANT IN TOO, DAMNIT!
Topic Starter
Senko-san

TheBronyGames wrote:

Why must you have such a small window for players with this rank range?

I WANT IN TOO, DAMNIT!
If/when I run it again I'll see about increasing the rank range :P

Edit: Only 1 spot left (and by the time i wake up it'll be filled zzz)
Diabby
I think the range is pretty good, I guess next time you can make more slots for more peeps :D
mulraf
hype. have fun with my mappool LUL (edit: if i make it in. pls kami-sama)
val0108
8-)
Mismagius
go mr. unspoken truth i really need that supporter tag
Izzz
damn in hindsight i should've chosen an active mapper :(
fanzhen0019
wow
Lefafel
damn I realized the meme potential of this too late ;__;

I hope there's a second one of these soon! Sounds like an amazing idea.
JiruPiru
id choose eyup or djpop
Topic Starter
Senko-san
The tournament has ended, Congratz to the following players for winning and earning themselves AND their mappers supporter!

Joezapy x lesjuh - 1st Place (3 Months)
Canderos x celerih - 2nd Place (1 Month)
Piggles354 x Skystar - 3rd Place (1 Month)
Lesjuh
This is nice. Thanks!