forum

help me please

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vongola
Whelp lets get right down to business. I'm not going to say I've been playing for this long and am I good for the amount of time I played. I genuinely want to get better at this game and become a high rank but I want to enjoy this game and not care necessarily how long it takes me to get their. I just want to improve consistently and get better. So, really right down to business. I'm having multiple problems right now with osu!.

Can't click fast enough
I can't get a full non-100/50 stream
Fast sliders kill me

And that's about that.

I feel like I can't click fast enough to the point where I started to think that it is a problem with my keyboard. My keyboard being a corsair k55. I know I do need to improve my stamina though and I am doing multiple maps to help with that(mostly streaming). With streaming I guess I need tips on how to become more accurate with it. I find it hard to change speed when doing streams and figure out how fast I have to move for some streams. With fast sliders it might be some fault on my reading but I just can't do it for some reasons a lot of the time.

Maps
Click Fast Enough-megalovania
Full non-100/50- ALL STREAMING MAPS!
Fast Sliders--Monster Dot Exe Remix near the end 3.87 star

This is my first post and I realize I should have done more things to make this easier to understand. Although seeing as how I should be going to bed soon I don't have the time to make this clear and concise. I hope people understand my problems and will help me. Thanks for reading and have a nice day, night, or morning where ever you are.
Humanity
You've probably heard "play more" a dozen times, but that really is what you should do.

For clicking/tapping fast enough, I suggest playing maps with high BPM/BPM that you can't normally/accurately play yet. Like, if you cannot yet play 180 BPM, then play maps whose BPM >= 180 BPM. A few months ago I could barely play 200+ BPM but after devoting time and effort to actually play fast maps, I can now play up to 250 BPM (still have trouble, but I'm getting there). Keyboard isn't the problem, probably. I play with a laptop and I can play just fine. Just practice.

As for streams, well, I'm really not the best at it. Playing stream practice maps should help. Basically, with stream practice maps, it helps train your consistency, finger control (and maybe stamina as well?). Start with slow, long streams (like 149 bpm or something similar) until you can pass it. Don't stop even if your fingers/hands hurt like hell. Keep going until you can properly acc that difficulty, until you can do it with mods such as HD. Then skip to the next level when you've mastered it, gradually practicing longer and faster streams. Accuracy-wise, don't rely on approach circles. Listen to the rhythm, adjust offset if you have to. I play with 100% effects, 45-55% music so I can hear the hitsounds better.

For fast sliders, just do your best to follow that slider ball until the end, keep your cursor inside the slider.

I'm not the best at this game, but I have gone through what you have. And even though I spent a lot of time going through forum posts and reddit and reading "HOW TO GET BETTER AT OSU" stuff, playing more and spending a lot of time on the game is what really produced the best results.

TLDR: play more, seriously

edit: added some stuff
Mio Winter

S1mplistic wrote:

stuff
It's important to realise that getting better at osu! requires two different types of getting better: cognitive and physical. Getting better at fast sliders and accuracy on streams are cognitive things, and the solution here is simply to play more. Getting better at tapping faster is a physical skill, and you need to build muscles (specifically your extensors and possibly your flexors in your arm).

The way to build muscles is to use them hard enough that they break, and then they regrow stronger after you rest up for a day. Unless you're streaming until your muscles feel tired, you're not going to make the muscles stronger. I try to always make my streaming muscles tired every day, and if I'm in a hurry I'll just put on NF and do a stream-only map (here and here), not caring whether I get good accuracy.
mulraf
Can't click fast enough - i know that feeling :/ well, it's a mixture of playing maps where you have to click fast often, talent and play more.

I can't get a full non-100/50 stream - you're like rank 200k. you don't need to be able to stream. just don't mind streams that much for now, after some time you'll be able to hit them better and better. also something that goes for everything you want to improve in: step by step. don't just go from 4* maps to freedom dive. just go from the basic stuff. to triplets. to low bpm short streams and then you can think about those stream practice maps out there.

Fast sliders kill me - i don't know if you're referring to just "fast sliders" or "kick sliders". in the map you said the very short ones are kick sliders and fast sliders are just well.... fast sliders (high slider velocity). and getting better at one, from my experience, won't make you get better at both :x
well. just look for some maps you really enjoy that contain those sorts of sliders and play more of them. you always learn faster when you enjoy something and there are plenty of good maps out there. kick sliders (the short ones) are also a bit unusual for your skill level. for just faster ones i can recommend something along those lines: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/80552 or https://osu.ppy.sh/b/105371or especially https://osu.ppy.sh/b/950170 (very good map for training them imho but too high for your skill level yet. for later) . for kick sliders as i said it's usually a bit aimed for higher skilled players. like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/406540. also this is a fun one but even harder than all the other ones listed https://osu.ppy.sh/b/895077&m=0 . don't expect to fc this anytime soon, i still didn't. i just like the map, keep it for later :3
Mio Winter

mulraf wrote:

especially https://osu.ppy.sh/b/950170
Waaa! That map was perfect lol. : D

Also, how can you talk about slider-maps without mentioning Hollow Wings maps?

Halozy - Kikoku Doukoku Jigokuraku [Notch Hell] - Monstersliders. They CAN be sightread, but that's way above my level. I'm going to try it again when I've become better, but I don't want to try it again for fear that I might memorise the sliders instead of sightreading them. : P

Ocelot - KAEDE [EX EX] - Faast back-and-forth sliders. Can't really be sightread until Peppy fixes a way to read changes in slider velocity. But it's oh so fun to play once memorised. No better practice for following sliders!

What these two maps have in common is that you can't rely on slider leniency, you actually have to follow the sliders, otherwise you die.
7ambda

Mio Winter wrote:

mulraf wrote:

especially https://osu.ppy.sh/b/950170
Waaa! That map was perfect lol. : D

Also, how can you talk about slider-maps without mentioning Hollow Wings maps?

Halozy - Kikoku Doukoku Jigokuraku [Notch Hell] - Monstersliders. They CAN be sightread, but that's way above my level. I'm going to try it again when I've become better, but I don't want to try it again for fear that I might memorise the sliders instead of sightreading them. : P

Ocelot - KAEDE [EX EX] - Faast back-and-forth sliders. Can't really be sightread until Peppy fixes a way to read changes in slider velocity. But it's oh so fun to play once memorised. No better practice for following sliders!

What these two maps have in common is that you can't rely on slider leniency, you actually have to follow the sliders, otherwise you die.