forum

[Archived] Osu! Compatibility mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_ZooM7
Hi, I run osu on a hp pavilion dv6, this notebook has an intel i5-2410m, 4gb ram, amd radeon hd 6700..
If I run osu without compatibility mode I get about 200 fps with 4-6 ms. Yesterday I tried to run osu with compatibility mode and for about 3 minutes I got 300-350 fps and 2,5-3 ms with a good improvement .. but after these 3 minutes, frame rate starts to drop up to 160 fps.. I'd like to know how to maintain the fps amount. Thanks in advance :)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is your GPU or CPU getting hot? causing it to throttle performance to prevent overheating?
Topic Starter
_ZooM7
This time the problem should not be the heat, because when I restart osu I get again 300 fps, but I can't restart Osu every song :/
Topic Starter
_ZooM7
Can someone help me ? :/
E m i
lol i'm sorry but the problem should be heat if it is as you describe. 5 seconds without load can easily allow the temperature to drop halfway towards idle. i would thus recommend to confirm the temperature issues with msi afterburner because it allows the stats to be visible during gameplay.
Topic Starter
_ZooM7
If I let cool down cpu and gpu without restarting osu, fps are low as before..
Topic Starter
_ZooM7
Update: In fullscreen, fps decreases but in windowed mode fps are constant. I don't know why fps drops when I play fullscreen but don't when I play windowed..
Anyway I can't play windowed, because my OS is Windows 10, so input lag isn't good :/ ..
Death
Try performing a clean reinstallation of your graphics drivers.
Topic Starter
_ZooM7
I tried, but nothing changed
Topic Starter
_ZooM7
This happens just with osu, I haven't this trouble with other games..