forum

Still can't do streams..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kudasai
I am now rank #39154 and it's been almost 2 years now since I started playing. I am using a Razer Blackwidow Chroma Tournament Edition. I have seen many other newer players have a much easier time doing streams that I can't do or do them really bad. I was wondering if you guys knew if it was cause of my keyboard or something else. I know some of you will say it requires practice but I have done a lot of stream practice maps for a while.. Didn't help.

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Lyawi

Heivel wrote:

I was wondering if you guys knew if it was cause of my keyboard or something else.
Hmm, what do you mean by that exactly? Noticed problems?
Topic Starter
kudasai

Lyawi wrote:

Heivel wrote:

I was wondering if you guys knew if it was cause of my keyboard or something else.
Hmm, what do you mean by that exactly? Noticed problems?
I checked for the keyboard seems fine. Maybe the fact that it has green switches and it is a razer could possibly impact something? Or possibly a position that I would need to do so that I could stream much easier and faster.
Death
Moving this to Gameplay & Rankings.

It just seems like you need to practice streams more. There are plenty of good players that are not very good at streams, they take a lot of practice. However, from my experience, some people are just naturally good at them.
pandaBee
Start with slower streams with a good rhythm and work your way up. Small streams first then larger ones.
KupcaH
Practice must help. If it doesn't, that's mean you're doing something wrong.

pandaBee wrote:

Start with slower streams with a good rhythm and work your way up. Small streams first then larger ones.
Asteeh
I had the same problem. It probably isn't a keyboard issue. For me it didn't matter what keyboard or switch i used, couldn't stream no matter what. To fix it I did allot of stream training, played only 6* stream maps for 2 months straight.
zeplic
use a multi colored skin. Aim for the down beats (color changes,in most cases)

You could very well be tapping correctly but simply not aiming fluidly enough, if you focus on the next phrase of the stream as an anchor, it can be easier to recover if you were starting to get unsteady and prevent a combo drop, or fail.

This advice basically comes straight from Toy as i asked him directly about aiming them after he mentioned in his interview that he thought he tapped too slow, but it turned out he just wasn't aiming them correctly.

N0thingSpecial

Heivel wrote:

I am using a Razer Blackwidow Chroma Tournament Edition.
Well found your problem here, you see you need to support the game by purchasing the Nono keypad the based peppy designed and he will grant you free skill points.

Besides that stay away from stream practise maps like the plague, it does not help at all
E m i
stream doesn't help stream is best thing you hear

but what do you mean [specific type of stream] doesn't help you stream?

[specific type of stream] mostly helps you with [specific type of stream], rather obvious. optimally to get better at all types of streams you would play all types of streams, yes?
Marc_Okubo
And how can you get that rank #39154, if you cannot even do streams? It is weird, isn't it?
In my opinion, i've just learned to play alternate, 'cause i've seen how a friend of mine has played like this. So, i tried to play like him and it really helped me playing streams. It shouldn't help you 100%, but it might be.
Faolan
I have the same problem, I'm up to rank 15k now with a Razer Blackwidow Chroma Tournament Edition. I actually just cant stream 190-200 for more than like 10 notes. I've had this problem for a long time, so for the past 5 months or so i've played a few hours of stream practice maps daily, I went from 160bpm bursts consistently to 210 bursts, and I cant almost infinitely stream 150, but I cant do any kind of streams found in most of the 6* maps I'm starting to play a lot (190-210 bpm). I believe its a combination of my desk/chair situation and keyboard, because when I switched to an old membrane kb I could stream 5-10bpm more than I could. Its starting to make me hate myself when I'm playing, since my #1 goal has been to improve so I could play more fun maps.