forum

OMISM - Osu!mania to Stepmania Converter and Keysound Copier v1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BilliumMoto
Hi, long time no see. This is a project I finished over a year ago but never got around to posting until now.

OMISM has two main uses:

1. Take any osu!mania beatmap collection and turn it into the appropriate Stepmania file(s).
  2. Take any osu!mania map's keysounds and copy them into another osu!mania map.

It works using an extremely simple drag/drop interface. It doesn't get any easier than this.

Download OMISM here!

Usage Demonstration

How to convert o!m to SM.

How to copy keysounds

Why use OMISM to copy my keysounds when there are other keysound copiers already?
The other programs aren't as fast or easy to use.
Also, I coded this program to help create my loved map, Plushlined. I spent hours creating the keysound samples, but this let me apply those samples to the beatmap in no time at all. I originally wrote this program because none of the other keysound copiers at the time worked well enough to handle Plushlined, so hopefully you'll find it useful as well.

Why use OMISM to convert osu!mania files to stepmania files?
OMISM is the fastest converter I know of out there so far, and you can convert many osu beatmaps at one time, as demonstrated in the video. OMISM is also the only converter I know of that can properly handle BPM changes.

but stepmania sucks why would i ever want to play stepmania
stepmania players improve faster than osu!mania players, it's scientifically proven /s
For real though, if you already play a lot of osu!mania, Stepmania is definitely a game worth your time. Recently, the Stepmania community has found ways to measure your playing performance in much more depth than osu!mania could ever offer. Also, the charting styles you'll find in the Stepmania community are quite different than from osu!mania, and who knows, maybe you'll bring yourself to love it.

Source code?
Click here!
Hidden Palace
This is beautiful, lol
-Eresh
PERFECT :) GJ :)
Best mania converter EVER :))
Evening
love this, a very handy converter!
glad you got around to releasing it
Nabuhris
Any chance to see this the other way around? SM to Osu? I have tons of sm files i'd love in osu.
BrokenGale
I am having some trouble with this program. Sometimes I convert files with too many difficulties and and the some difficulties disappear.

I am using Etterna v. 0.60.0
Some songs this glitch works with:
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/520438 (All but the top difficulty disappeared)
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/347496 (only 3 disappeared)
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/237512 (All but the top difficulty disappeared)
Matix99
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in Wine. Dragging and dropping the folder on the window results in this:

0 files dropped.
0 total osu files found.
0 potential Stepmania files may be created.
All conversions complete!

Also, I know this is a long shot, but does this convert 10K(presumably to pump doubles)?
inverlock
This is the first one of these that supports bulk converting. Is there any way you could make a reverse? I have a ton of SM charts i want to convert into O!M but doing them 1 by 1 with the old converter will take forever
LeiN-
WTF, It's really brilliant!! Why didn't i find it more early. Great job man.

inverlock wrote:

I have a ton of SM charts i want to convert into O!M but doing them 1 by 1 with the old converter will take forever
Unfortunately, I did that forever work once long time ago lol. Still can find my conversions on my cloud named "LeiNy Days" in my userpage.
frisbii
The download link seems to be broken, could this be reuploaded?
LeiN-

frisbii wrote:

The download link seems to be broken, could this be reuploaded?
The link is not broken now. Try to DL via chrome.
SepelaThons
I occasionaly play both so thank you! ( ´ ∀ `)ノ~ ♡
papperboy3498
where did it save my files?
roundup5

papperboy3498 wrote:

where did it save my files?

In the directory where you starting the app itself
osumanianoob1

Nabuhris wrote:

Any chance to see this the other way around? SM to Osu? I have tons of sm files i'd love in osu.

IDK, but i just making sm to osu songs with my hands (placing sm notes in osu)
blizzo
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I need info concerning how to change the output directory of converted songs. Really annoys me that it outputs to the downloads folder and you cant do any thing about it >:(

edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT I MAYBE FIGURED IT OUT
NippleJW
I can't find the file anywhere, it's not in my downloads folder or anywhere else.
magonivel20
Hello da
NateThatDerps
so it wont recognize the file as an osu file even though its a osz file. help pls?
BoredSkittle

NateThatDerps wrote:

so it wont recognize the file as an osu file even though its a osz file. help pls?
the reason it does that is because it doesnt accept osz files, it needs the beatmap folders, not files. basically, you see that shortcut that Osu creates on your desktop? Right click it and click "Go to file location", once your there, if you dont see your beatmap you want to convert, open Osu and drag the osz file in there, Osu automatically converts the osz file to the beatmap folder, from there, you can drag it in
King Noob
where does the converted files go? i looked in every folder it could be in but its not there