forum

Resident Evil : Operation Raccoon City

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

Resident Evil Wikia wrote:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is an upcoming 2012 third-person shooter video game with online playability for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It will be developed by Slant Six Games and published by Capcom. The game will be a new installment in the Resident Evil series of video games and will be developed by Slant Six Games instead of Capcom. The game takes place during the events of Resident Evil 2 and 3. Capcom hopes for an early 2012 release.

The game takes place in the year 1998, during the events of Resident Evil 2 and 3, after the outbreak of the T-virus in Raccoon City. However it is a reinterpretation of the events that occurred in the original games, and players are given the opportunity to change the occurrence of certain events in the Resident Evil canon. Players will take the role of an officer of the Umbrella Security Service, part of the Umbrella Corporation. Members of the USS are tasked with destroying evidence of Umbrella Pharmaceutical, Inc.'s illegal activities which caused the T-virus outbreak, including killing survivors of the outbreak.

Among their enemies are Government Spec Ops, who are tasked with exposing the actions of Umbrella and understanding the cause of the T-virus outbreak in Raccoon City. The game will see the return of major places as well as characters of the Resident Evil series including Raccoon City as well as characters; Leon S. Kennedy, and Claire Redfield. Also announced at E3 2011 is the decision whether or not to kill Leon and Claire so you can keep the storyline as it is or you can change it drastically.

A multiplayer mode is confirmed, which pits the USS against the Government Spec Ops, with the latter looking to uncover the situation Umbrella is attempting to hide. In addition, there are a few elements being added to the multiplayer. One of which is the presence of zombies on the multiplayer maps, including Hunters and Tyrants being spawned occasionally. This is similar to Mercenaries, but with a twist: Normal zombies can be used as shields. Being shot may cause bleeding, which causes a feeding frenzy to converge on the bleeding character. The player must hide or hold their position while the bleeding subsides and the zombies become more passive again.

The weapons for the game are directly taken for Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 and Slant Six SOCOM titles, takes the more notable weapons for this games. A great part of the weapons are confirmed via Kendo Gun Shop webpage, via Inserted Evil in the fifth clue.
The weapons are separed in six categories yet, free to select before the campaing begins: shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, machine guns and submachine guns, and each categories has between 3 and 5 weapons. Another weapons, like handguns, flamethrowers and grenade launcher are confirmed in game, but is unknown if the players can select free these, start with these or need obtain in the game.
So far, six playable characters have been announced, ranging from Recon units to explosives experts, snipers and the like.

"Vector" - Master of stealth, real name unknown (Active Camo Confirmed for this character)
Hector Hivers - Explosives expert, codename Beltway
Michaela Heinzwaffen - Team medic, codename Bertha
Vladimir Bodrovski - Designated marksman, codename Spectre
Karena Lesproux - Team leader and a USS Commander, codename Lupo
Christine Yamata - A USS Field scientist, codename Four-Eyes

Here's also a lovely 8 minute gameplay video, putting into your mind what a thousand words cannot. Release date is slated to be around Mid-March 2012.

ampzz
Any console exclusivity rights on this title at all?
If not, will be getting it for PlayStation 3 as soon as possible, I've loved playing all of the Resident Evil franchise games thus far so why stop now?
Nachy
Really glad to be back with good ol' lovable RE zombies and a nice break from RE4/5's Las Plagas. Not that I hated the Las Plagas but it's pretty nice we're going back to classic RE's slow brain eating horde. Definitely got me interested on the co-op play and what if scenario to this, as well with the infection aspect that your character isn't immune at all, a nice different turn from the usual immune survivors most zombie games have nowadays. I loved Resident Evil: Outbreak and guessing this will combine both mechanics from RE4/5 and Outbreak albeit more action oriented.

ampzz wrote:

Any console exclusivity rights on this title at all?
If not, will be getting it for PlayStation 3 as soon as possible, I've loved played playing all of the Resident Evil franchise games thus far.
Coming out for PC, PS3 and 360.
Loginer

Azure_Kyte wrote:

third-person shooter
Meh.
Mara

Loginer wrote:

Azure_Kyte wrote:

third-person shooter
Meh.
This.
Vext_old
I recall one coming out that was to mimic the style of Left 4 Dead but with all of the characters being HUNK. I can't tell if this is it or not but I think it is... I hope not, this doesn't look 'that' promising.
Luna
I wish they'd make another game like the first few in the series.
I don't want a generic shooter with zombies/infected people/monsters/who-even-cares, I want a Survival Horror with severe lack of ammo and shit!
awp
RE4, meet Gears of War
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
That was exactly my first reaction.
Haseo_old
Inserted Evil's waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy better than this.

I miss the old RE.