forum

[Archived] Timing and Control Points Menu crashes the game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nitrous
Problem Details:

Opening the Timing and Control Points Menu (F6) and right clicking anywhere in the area that lists all timing whether you actually right-click a timing point or not shows crying pippi and prompts as if you crashed the game. Clearly the game is still working in the background. It is reproducible in any beatmap.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Death
Can you click on the crying pippi and paste the log here? I can't reproduce this.
Topic Starter
Nitrous
Crash Log
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at #=zZDRivlx79JemgPpg0eShuAnslCSg.#=zR8zwZKfTy9rl(String #=zLV$k5t0=, Int32 #=zT3XYx_c=, Int32 #=zy5anCv$WgcUI, SampleSet #=ziW2zPChPz78R)
at #=zZDRivlx79JemgPpg0eShuAnslCSg.#=zUWSd3Awn6QBR(#=zoBHjfxvIlCIGdLdOyntmN3zDsuWkr_atLZwHEzzCfgF_ #=zZbfJSLbHgt50, String #=zLV$k5t0=, Boolean& #=zfbvIUgQ=, Boolean #=zdMeF18M_6hV_)
at #=zaleswL5UWVs$GdZ$WSxYSI6zSpwfBRuLbQ==.#=zgNmF3TGOrYIyo$xH5g==(Object #=z192X5H4=, CancelEventArgs #=zOR6kMCg=)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnOpening(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.SetVisibleCore(Boolean visible)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.Show(Control control, Point position)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenuStrip.ShowInternal(Control source, Point location, Boolean isKeyboardActivated)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m, Control sourceControl)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Suddenly it fixed itself. Though that crash log can still probably help.
Mikango
*EDIT* The moment I posted this and went back to learning the basics it happened even though I added a timing point so I go no clue.
Crash Log
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=zrepWuo$OcLI3QG7MFme0LbLjRFUJ9Pbv5vQT$NlsThE2.#=zx7MFclzxklkfKMx7VbCoiF4=(#=z2YHe3ZReEAfxS2c3Pw== #=zDoyXmCQ=)
at #=zfKxPm9ry3Cwy_gByChmLA1Z2SpO1LQROOQ==.#=zeG1QzNc=(#=z6N61ac8HUW3d #=zy8jaEfY=)
at #=zrepWuo$OcLI3QG7MFme0LbLjRFUJ9Pbv5vQT$NlsThE2.#=zkIcSOmo_Niei()
at #=zjSlfo14$WXo7crfrhtVy3fXHAAa6.#=zeG1QzNc=(Object #=zO9ib_k0=, #=zVpO3OF79hGQABVeRTz2tAxDQJ47t #=zVAKzZxw=)
at #=zgGclE8ZfgiSBMp222HUN4St2q6zmwByWXg==.#=zeG1QzNc=(Object #=zO9ib_k0=, #=zVpO3OF79hGQABVeRTz2tAxDQJ47t #=zej$nJxY=)
at #=zaleswL5UWVs$GdZ$WSxYSI6zSpwfBRuLbQ==.#=z2vaVWjs9bzNjfc8Ygg==(Object #=z192X5H4=, EventArgs #=zOR6kMCg=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I had the same problem as the OP and got this through google and while I was getting the log files and making a vid of the process I managed to figure out the issue.

The issue comes from trying to set a BPM and Offset with no timing points set. You need to press the + in the bottom right of your timing points box which should be blank to create a timing point.

Note. I could be entirely wrong since I'm a noob and just learning the editor but that fixed it for me