3.81%
I play without them (???)
5.87%
I'm deaf
17.01%
Total votes: 341
Topic Starter
Manfred
Hey guys hows it going Kripparrian here.

As the title reads how do you decide what hitsounds to use. I was wondering if my personal taste was similar to others, in that I like to have my own set. From an outsiders perspective I was wondering if my choices make for a confusing sounding beatmap or if having a multitude of varying sounds is what you enjoy.

♫Vote on the Poll if you have a soul♫

Here is an example of my own that I like, music turned down so you can hear the hitsounds better.

Here is the skin used if you want any part of it, it's really meant for standard only, the rest is totally fucked (gobble gobble) http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcfsasi5was5val/Tanya.osk
N0thingSpecial
The clicking sound from 2015 cookiezi skin is satisfying af while being non intrusive, replace all the whistles and finishes with normal hit (didn’t replace clap cause it adds flavour) and I have a simplistic and eagasmic skin with good audio feedback.
KupcaH
Doomsday normalhit feels so satisfying to hear. (OзО)
mulraf
a random guy on the osu!forums gave me my hitsounds. he said he found the ones i was using (think they were old standard ones) too have an impact on the accuracy. turned out it really changed for the better with them :x ehh.. but still using the beatmaps hitsounds over them if they are there. like how can you play probox's d: for the delta map without the custom hitsounds?! are you cereal?!!
Mio Winter
I used to play without hitsounds because I was really bad... OK, I am really bad at timing streams, and turning hitsounds off makes it easier to pay attention to the tempo of the music rather than the tempo of my own taps.
E m i
near-square waveform, instant, short, sharp, all hitsounds having the same apparent point of impact (confirmable by waveform analysis and comparison)

mulraf wrote:

turned out it really changed for the better with them :x

i would estimate my deafness situation at 35%, i cannot hear frequencies above 14khz in my left ear, above 12khz in my right ear, and my right ear's apparent volume is half of the apparent volume of my left ear. everything also sounds comparatively muffled in the right ear.

i will not vote on it.
mulraf

Momiji wrote:

mulraf wrote:

turned out it really changed for the better with them :x
lol. thanks once again, random guy on the osu!forums! <3
Kondou-Shinichi
im fine with any, but its best if the map provided custom hitsound, itll make it more cooler