forum

Having dependant friends

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kai99
hey so this is gonna be quite a serious post because im really getting tired of this friend
so i have a friend, she's nice, likes pokemon, ponies, indie games, rp, reading fanfics.
it's all good. but i feel like every moment i hang out with her is a waste of time.
we can hang out for 1 hour and i'll be happy. instead, whenever we meet, it exceeds three hours. and i dont get anything out of it except girly talk which usually involves talking about crushes which is lame.
i go to my club meetings by myself because that's what i'm passionate about; she has to take me to every one of her fucking club meetups because it's "meh" without a friend and "awkward and yea".
whenever i skip dinner because i'm studying, she comes over an drags me to the dining hall because she can't eat dinner sitting by herself.
i have two midterms this week, along with three assignments and a volunteering meeting, not to mention i work as well- but she wants me to go watch the pokemon movie today or she'll be "weh" (i am quoting her words.)
im really fucking busy, and my grades are p much dead. i hate hanging out with her and i have told her, about 40 times by now that i'm busy. i think i've declined about 20 requests by now. she's a friend i've had since i've come to uni, but really i'm getting sick and tired of this.
what should i do?
roshan117
blocc
abraker
OT answer: friend more
Evil answer: Help her by giving her wrong answers
Duchebag answer: Ignore her
Troll answer: Give her contact, we will talk to her for you
Meh answer: I dunno. Do I care?
Good answer: Focus more on your work, let your friend understand you

edit: Roshan is a douchebag
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

OT answer: friend more
Evil answer: Help her by giving her wrong answers
Duchebag answer: Ignore her
Troll answer: Give her contact, we will talk to her for you
Meh answer: I dunno. Do I care?
Good answer: Focus more on your work, let your friend understand you

edit: Roshan is a douchebag
If you found this helpful, please transfer funds to 382B3911L4I1T143Z3
btw abraker, that is the same thing as ignore her
Tae
You've already said you can't because you're busy, so just put your fucking foot down.
Hardly difficult, is it?

Also OT aint your place for personal ranting lmao. Why are you even expecting a serious answer?
Just fucking look around you. Does anyone here look like they're going to be serious?
Topic Starter
kai99

Hwa Yang wrote:

You've already said you can't because you're busy, so just put your fucking foot down.
Hardly difficult, is it?

Also OT aint your place for personal ranting lmao. Why are you even expecting a serious answer?
Just fucking look around you. Does anyone here look like they're going to be serious?
aw
Tae
Idk why you're saying 'aw' because if she can't respect that you have your own things to do then you need to get new friends, honestly.
Flanster
You should present it in a more serious manner. Instead of saying you're busy, say you're going to fail college if she keeps pulling you down like this. Make her feel guilty.

I know you're a nice person but you gotta learn to put your foot down in these situations. People shouldn't take advantage of that.
Topic Starter
kai99

Hwa Yang wrote:

Idk why you're saying 'aw' because if she can't respect that you have your own things to do then you need to get new friends, honestly.
sorry i was referring to the second bit of your advice

to everyone else: i guess it makes sense, yea maybe it's time to get her out of my life lmao
Tae

kai99 wrote:

sorry i was referring to the second bit of your advice
but it's true
Ryoid
Why don't just having nice chat of whywealwayswaistingtimewhenwemeet conversation and make (s)he understand that its not a good thing to do
That i've still lot thing to do instewd of wasting time hanging out

Or just tell that you feel annoyed by that
ColdTooth
You know that hat makes you look stupid, here's a second opinion

killallyourfriends
Foxtrot
why are you talking shit about her behind her back if she's your "friend"? you should probably just tell her that you really can't you hang out with her because your future depends on how well you do at school, and apparently you're not doing that well so just put your foot down.