forum

[resolved] CPU Lag spikes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BetterNew
Hey, I have a problem with my osu, as you can see on the video, I sometimes get lag spikes while playing a beatmap and I believe it is from the game itself because I don't get those on other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cREjizMuNxs

osu! version: 20171106.5
Lacrimosa
Try closing any other programs running in the background and see if your performance changes to any better. Also make sure that there're no updates going on in the background (Whether it's Windows updates or any other program).
Topic Starter
BetterNew
I Did that. I've been having this problem for 1 week and every time those lag spikes I get a CPU Spike between 75%-100%

And I've tried everything like closing all useless programs, redownloading the game, reset both skins and beatmaps.
Lacrimosa
Do you have an antivirus running? If so, try shutting it down. Antiviruses can cause performance issues sometimes.

Reinstalling the game will most likely never help.
Topic Starter
BetterNew
It does not seem to work.
Could it be One of my computer piece that is damaged since I haven't checked it for a bit of time :/
Here's a screen of my CPU when the lag comes.

http://prntscr.com/h7ii6w
Dntm8kmeeatu
It's not much help if we can't see what Process is causing the CPU spike. You could try playing with Task Manager, or Perfmon open, watching or recording to see what spikes in usage. If you don't have multiple monitors, you can use Windowed mode in osu! you can also use Auto mod on osu! so you can pay more attention on the process. Be sure to sort by CPU Usage so when the spike happens you see it.
Topic Starter
BetterNew
sadly the cpu spikes are to brief so the task manager does not count them because it technically makes an average of every second.

But I think Im onto something when the windowed mode is on the lag are less frequent.

https://youtu.be/YFYi9PMTbyo
Upskirt
We already know that you have CPU lag spikes, a photo of Task Manager CPU usage won't help.

If you watch the video as the interrupt occurs, a process appears titled as a "System Interrupt".

You should download LatencyMon and run it while playing as usual. The results will clue in as to what's causing the system interrupts.
Topic Starter
BetterNew
Wait no I think I got it watch to video on the first and second lag spike at the same time my wallpaper changed so what I want to say is if I get a non-changing wallpaper it should stop? (maybe)
Topic Starter
BetterNew
So I've tried putting the alternating wallpaper off and it actually solved the problem omg just knowing that the problem was just under my eyes is quite impressive
and the worst I been thinking of what was causing this for 1 and a half week...

I guess someone can close this post now...
Dntm8kmeeatu

ItsBetterNew wrote:

So I've tried putting the alternating wallpaper off and it actually solved the problem omg just knowing that the problem was just under my eyes is quite impressive
and the worst I been thinking of what was causing this for 1 and a half week...

I guess someone can close this post now...

I must of been watching the video late at night because that's a very obvious thing I completely missed... I'm well aware of this issue since I use rotating wallpapers and experience lag spikes (nothing as severe though) so if anyone, I shoulda noticed. Idk what was going on in my head around that time.

Glad you figured it out, bit of a slip-up on my end lol.