forum

The Hunt for the Girl in the Forest (claimed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Let's make a little game out of this!

It's been roughly a week since the Halloween medal release, and just about every medal outside of one has been conclusively claimed and figured out.

Originally, I thought that the Firmament Moves would be the baffler for most people. Apparently not!

So, let's have a little fun with this, and up the ante a little bit.

The first user to PM me the EXACT criteria for achieving 'The Girl in the Forest' after first gaining it themselves will earn themselves two months of osu!supporter (for a friend, if they want), and a unique 'Medal Hunter' title. You must also include a brief explanation of the reasoning for the medal's criteria - you'll know what it is almost immediately once you figure it out.

To clarify: the medal HAS been achieved by some users, but purely by accident as far as I can see.

Please don't spam me with guesses. I'll check your profile before I read your message - if you don't have the medal, you can't afford this.

To stop people from running off on wild goose chases, here's a fairly loose criteria (and by no means conclusive, or even binding) for what medals can draw from, or what they're designed with in mind:

1. Anything related to basic scores, such as accuracy, combo, misses, 100s, 50s, etc
  2. Anything related to beatmap metadata (tags, song artist and title, etc)
  3. Medals are not always track specific even if they might appear that way, especially if they are recent additions.
  4. Medals CAN be obtained purely through serendipity. Only a scant few medals are made with 'deliberate' criteria attached, many can just be attained through normal play and by experimenting with certain combinations on maps.
  5. Medals currently do not consider 'chains' of plays or back-to-back performances on certain beatmaps.
  6. We favor Featured Artists when considering what tracks to create medals for, but not always!

If you're heading out to hunt this elusive medal, take note of past releases - Equilibrium stumped a lot of people. This one might be the same way - think outside of the box! Everything you need to solve a medal is contained or loosely linked to its hint. Delve a little deeper!

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
The title has been claimed!

One month's supporter to the first three who manage to figure it out all the same.
Ankanogradiel
FeelsBadMan was busy sleeping the entire week
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Well, looks like that proliferated rather quickly.

Supporter's been handed out. Will announce the winner of the title later on in the week so as to stop people from scraping scores to figure it out since I know people do that sorta stuff. :eyes:

Thanks for playing!
Ankanogradiel
I don't think I would have found out the requirements even if I had the time tbh.
I misinterpreted something you said on twitter and searched on another direction entirely.
Didn't see this in time either so I'll be following your forum posts aswell from now on. Not just twitter.
I hope there are more chances in the future for more people to earn that title or a similar one.

P.S. : some months ago you twitted something about PMing you with ideas for medals. Offer still stays?
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Ankanogradiel wrote:

I don't think I would have found out the requirements even if I had the time tbh.
I misinterpreted something you said on twitter and searched on another direction entirely.
Didn't see this in time either so I'll be following your forum posts aswell from now on. Not just twitter.
I hope there are more chances in the future for more people to earn that title or a similar one.

P.S. : some months ago you twitted something about PMing you with ideas for medals. Offer still stays?

Always! Make sure they at least loosely fit into the criteria I mentioned in the OP, though.