forum

[resolved] Music sync issues, random beatmap images are changed, "lag"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Todoki
Problem Details:
I've been slowly lowering frames to what used to be a consistent 240fps to more around 70-100fps recently, not sure why. I was swapping out some skin elements earlier when I do the reload skin command (CTRL+ÁLT+SHIFT+S) and suddenly when I enter a beatmap, the first note always lags really weirdly. Music sync goes out of whack for every song I play, even if the first note problem doesn't appear. And then, just beatmap thumbnails got switched around, for no apparent reason. Any help on any of these would be appreciated, don't want to reinstall because of all the maps I have downloaded.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hot082.png (random thumbnail changes)
(I'll link a video if necessary)

osu! version: 20171106.4beta (I've tried practically all the versions except fallback)
Death
For the frame issue: Make sure you have nothing else running in the background. Antivirus can also cause lag if it is actively scanning files. Disable that if closing other background programs does not work, however be sure you enable it once more after you are done testing. Make sure your graphics drivers have also been installed properly.

For the first note/sync issues: Open up osu!'s options and look for a setting named "Universal offset", set that to 0.

For the thumbnail issue: Close osu! and navigate to your installation folder (default path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!). Move the file osu!.db outside of the folder, restart your client, and let your maplist reload.
Kayohh
Now this is all personal experience but if you just recently updated windows to the Creator's Update, reverting back solved the problem of the "lack of" frames.

I only recently updated and had the exact same problem as you. FPS in the menus are sub 100 and during game-play, I would experience a very noticeable frame drop/stuttering/lag etc. Tried everything, such as turning off antivirus, reverting my drivers, trying compatibility mode and none of those worked. Then I tried reverting the Creator's Update and it runs as smooth as before
Upskirt
If you're going to update Windows to either Creator and or the fall update then you need remove the driver using DDU and install the latest GPU driver.

It's a common issue.
Topic Starter
Todoki

Death wrote:

For the frame issue: Make sure you have nothing else running in the background. Antivirus can also cause lag if it is actively scanning files. Disable that if closing other background programs does not work, however be sure you enable it once more after you are done testing. Make sure your graphics drivers have also been installed properly.

For the first note/sync issues: Open up osu!'s options and look for a setting named "Universal offset", set that to 0.

For the thumbnail issue: Close osu! and navigate to your installation folder (default path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!). Move the file osu!.db outside of the folder, restart your client, and let your maplist reload.
I hadn't had the chance to check the thread for the week, but this fixed all the problems. Now running at 200~fps consistently, thank you!