forum

Purchasing a refurbished keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chill1208
I'm looking into buying a new mechanical keyboard as mine isn't quite as responsive as when i first got it. I have my eye on a razer keyboard with their own orange mechanical keys. The orange keys have about the same Actuation force, and the same actuation vs reset point ratio as the chery mx red keys. The same keys I have on my current steel series. The thing I'm debating is whether or not a refurbished keyboard sold directly from razer is going to be as good or almost as good as a new version. It's about a $40 difference between the new and refurbished model so if it's not a big deal I'd prefer to save that $40.

TL;DR

Please if you have ever purchased a refurbished keyboard or other refurbished razer product let me know if you felt the purchase was worth the savings or if you wished you purchased it new. I'd really like to know

Thanks = Chill1208
autoteleology
How is your keyboard less responsive?
Topic Starter
chill1208

Emersyne wrote:

How is your keyboard less responsive?
It's a couple years old and it just isn't as responsive as it used to be. It requires a bit more force which I've kind of adapted to; but I'd like to have newer keyboard that's up to date with the latest tech out there.
Wishes
Not a keyboard but I bought my Razer gaming mouse refurbished and it has no problems, been using it for half a year. I think normally it should be worth it.
autoteleology
That makes no sense. If it was worn out it would require less force, in the same way that a stretched out rubber band stretches easier, because the springs would be weakened. The spring is the only wear part in the switch.
skiism
"To refurbish something means that it's been renewed or updated in some way, and in general, that's true for electronics. Perhaps an item had a bad circuit board, or the glass face on a music player got scratched and it's been replaced, but in some cases, a refurbished item may have had its packaging damaged badly in the process of getting it to the store."
Source: https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/everyday-tech/refurbished-electronic.htm

So in all the item could have just been opened, or as far as a faulty product, either way the item is sent back to the manufacturer, fixed if needed, and tested before being sent out to be sold.

Refurbished items work as good as new but can't be labeled as such. I have a refurbished Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard that works perfectly fine. I hope this helps.