forum

Osu won't Open!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- FrostDX -
My Osu! won't open after i clicked Compatibility Mode.. after i clicked the Osu!.exe nothing shows up.. no updater, no pop up.. just pure nothing.. it's like it's just a dead button..

i searched my config file and put CompatibilityContext to 0 and it still not working..

i7 7700HQ (kaby lake) - GTX 1050M - 16GB RAM - Win10 Pro 64 bit
Edgar_Figaro
You should post in the help forum instead

This way the tech support people can see your problem and assist
sangu
I had a very similar issue a while ago.

When I had it happen to me, I could open task manager and see that Osu.exe was running, but was only using about 13k bytes of memory. Ending that task and reopening osu while holding shift, (I think it was shift, it has been a while) a dialog box would open saying that the openGL driver was not found.

The solutions I found were to downgrade the graphics driver, which was not something I wanted to do, or modify two lines in the user.cfg.

Try opening your user.cfg and finding the line compatabilitymode and changing the value to either 1 or 0 (whichever it is not right now) Once I changed this value I have never had the problem again.

This would make sense for you as well, since it was the last thing you changed before the game would not open anymore.

*Edit Looks like they fixed the issue on their own