forum

[Archived] my life bar is dead even with a streak still in session? wtf

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
scrubzider
Problem Details:

my bar dies when I'm hitting everything. is this osu? and clicks on keyboard not even clicking they like stop working. even speed keep appearing and slowing down so its hard to play at constant and I know it has speed ups but it seems like each note contains it. correct me if I'm wrong I even followed the patern of the game and I even know when I'm going to die. even installed and pre installed and sometimes I cant even see the notes like they disappear then appear. love the game but having issues. good pc and also 6 years of online multiplayer so its knows I'm not trolling.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: yes but don't know how to submit the video.

osu! version: 20171031.24 (latest)
latest version just installed a clean copy today with the latest version
Anemic Witch
Just upload video to youtube and paste link here.
Topic Starter
scrubzider
Death
This is the intended functionality of health drain. It is imperative that you get 300s as they restore more health. With the amount of 100s you got in that play, it makes sense that you inevitably failed the map. This is explained on the FAQ page on the wiki, which you can find here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ#in-game-interface

The top-left bar is the health bar, which will decrease at a steady rate (depending on the beatmap's difficulty settings), but can be replenished by tapping notes at the right time or spinning the spinner. A perfectly timed hit (a 300 or Geki) will recover health more than a badly timed hit (50). A total miss will take a good chunk of health out of the health bar.

You can use that error meter at the bottom of your screen to determine whether or not you are hitting too early or too late. Any lines that appear on the left side are too early, and any lines that appear on the right side are too late.

Other than that, I do not see any problems with your game based on the video. Everything looks to be working as intended. I think you just need to keep practicing and eventually you will be able to pass some of the maps you can't currently pass.
Anemic Witch
Also dropping slider ends cost about as much HP as miss, even if it doesn't break your combo, so try to hold them to the end.
Topic Starter
scrubzider
What about the health bar going red hitting each note? how much does the health bar cost by it self not hitting or missing notes.? I'm confused.
esper115

scrubzider wrote:

What about the health bar going red hitting each note? how much does the health bar cost by it self not hitting or missing notes.? I'm confused.

just try to not get any 100s or 50s and your health should be fine...
also you might want to look for a new skin (i will send you mine if you would like)
Topic Starter
scrubzider
Sure and while at it like a custom beatmaps like a original game like guitar hero that trains you for insane. Would be appreciated.
MrMan
If you want to train yourself for insane difficulty then turn on the No-Fail mod in the Mods tab and play any map you like.

You failed the map because you couldn't keep a consistent combo and accuracy. HP Drain also plays a big part of the difficulty. The higher the drain the faster your hp drains as you do poorly in the map (Pretty self explanatory). The difficulty of the map you were playing had 7 HP Drain which is rather high for your skill level. The map's difficulty information is also at the top-right corner.

All in good practice.
ilpadrello
I know this conversation its over.. but I would like to say something...
I'm pretty new to the game, I'm struggling to play insane and hard beatmaps, and I really really like this game, but I think that this way of thinking (health drain if no 300s, and the fact that in some beatmaps if you miss one note you drain half of your life) is completely BS!!!!!
I understand the idea of pushing people to try them best to be perfect, but at the same time you are pushing away all the fun! People want to enjoy the music and the game and not just transform themselves in robots that can score a perfect time! I have to repeat and repeat and repeat the same song until I make not even a mistake and for me, this is really frustrating and make the game not enjoyable!!!
Death

ilpadrello wrote:

...text...
Actually health drain already received a pretty significant nerf recently (in the form of a passive drain nerf). If you just want to enjoy the music you can just use no fail. Some could argue (and do argue) that HP drain actually makes the game more fun, as it provides an extra challenge when playing. I think you only really start to run into issues when you are legitimately playing a map well, yet still fail. That is an entirely separate conversation in my opinion, and maps that fall in this category are few and far between (usually these only seem to pop up when playing very difficult HRDT maps, or just other random HR maps in general).

Seeing as you yourself said you are new to the game, it also might be worth considering that the maps you are playing are in fact just slightly too hard for you. I can recall days long ago where I was convinced that certain hard and insane maps were impossible because you instantly failed if you missed more than one note in a row, but in fact that wasn't entirely true. It wasn't really until I had improved that i was able notice this. I play plenty of 'insane'+ maps today and have missed more than once in a row, yet haven't failed, on numerous occasions. I truly think you just need to keep at it. Or again, if you really only want to play for the music, no fail is a completely legitimate option.