forum

Learning to play with +EZ

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_7520443
recently i've been interested in learning to play with the easy mod
i would like advice with how should i start? (if possible, is there specific maps or mappers you would recommend)
tips in particular that would be imperative for learning the mod?
would sightreading maps +ez on first attempt be possible for players experienced with the mod or is memorization required?
i suppose that is all
extravagance
the way im learning is i play maps 1.5 stars less than my FC diff. (so if you can easily FC a 5 star, you would play a 3.5 star)

but thats the only advice ive gotten

everyone says "play more EZ"

and it's the truth sadly
Kyrari
Play more EZ on any kinds of map and you'll get used to playing with it on any kinds of map, try starting from maps that's slow enough so you'd have enough time to read everything one by one and try viewing notes as a set of pattern instead of focusing on each note is what I'd recommend.

Though monstrata maps in general are pretty fun to play with EZ because they're overlapped as fuck, and yet they're mapped in a very predictable and easy way that you'll just see a pattern and instantly know what to hit next.

And sightreading with EZ is definitely possible after you're really used to it, but don't expect to FC anything without a little bit of memorization and retries (unless it's really really easy) on a map.

edit: there's also some EZ guides that you can try to search up, like t/337594 and there was an old MillhiF guide that's sadly already deleted now :(
Endaris
Just for completeness' sake, you can read MillhioreF's guide here: http://osunews.tumblr.com/post/56948486 ... ow-and-why
Kondou-Shinichi
i suck at ez but ill try to give some thoughts

start by playing 4* (after ez mod turned on)
and ONLY playing 4*
and keep playing 4*
and yeah start playing 6*
and youll reach my level (low)
Alex3i2
I suggest HR instead EZ. Honestly HR is easier to learn than EZ. Some players can learn HR in 1 day . There's no point to play EZ on 4-5* maps if you can pass them nomod with good acc. People usually play EZ on extremely hard maps , with high CS , a lot of deathstreams and huge jumps.
Kondou-Shinichi

Alex3i2 wrote:

I suggest HR instead EZ. Honestly HR is easier to learn than EZ. Some players can learn HR in 1 day . There's no point to play EZ on 4-5* maps if you can pass them nomod with good acc. People usually play EZ on extremely hard maps , with high CS , a lot of deathstreams and huge jumps.
Aside for passing hard maps, EZ is also fun and interesting to just play
yes, EZ takes longer to learn, but what’s the problem? You don’t just don’t play something because it’s long to learn. It’s like just giving up on mapping since it takes years to make a good map.
Alex3i2

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Alex3i2 wrote:

Aside for passing hard maps, EZ is also fun and interesting to just play
yes, EZ takes longer to learn, but what’s the problem? You don’t just don’t play something because it’s long to learn. It’s like just giving up on mapping since it takes years to make a good map.

I agree . I just gave him a suggestion . It's up to him . Both modes are fun and hard to master .
Just dont play DT . Dt is bad!!!
Kondou-Shinichi

Alex3i2 wrote:

How about E Z D T
Alex3i2

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Alex3i2 wrote:

How about E Z D T
I guess is fine as long you dont play pp maps like daidai or future son
Those maps are traps . If you like traps then you are g.. nvm. Just stay away from them