forum

How many people play standard osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oafmeal95
How many people are ranked for standard osu!? I know it might be a strange question but I'm obsessed with math and am constantly doing math problems for fun. I want to assume that at least 9 million people play regular. I don't want to assume all 11 million do.
N0thingSpecial
It feels to me that only people under 600,000 rank can be considered active
Ideal
a few
Topic Starter
Oafmeal95
If only the people in the top 600,000 can be considered active, what does that make me since I'm in the top 900,000? ;-; I know I'm bad, but I didn't know I was that bad.
Jun Maeda
It called Standard not Normal ffs but nvm

Anyway ask Beatmap Nominators they knows how much ranked beatmaps have
N0thingSpecial

Oafmeal95 wrote:

If only the people in the top 600,000 can be considered active, what does that make me since I'm in the top 900,000? ;-; I know I'm bad, but I didn't know I was that bad.
You’ve only played like 15 hours, not trying to belittle you but you are by definition inactive
KupcaH

iSlodinx wrote:

Go back to OT
Your post is completely off topic.
Jun Maeda

KupcaH wrote:

Go back to OT
So yours is not?
Alex3i2
How osu std can have 600k players when there's only 7 people in the world?!
Fxjlk

KupcaH wrote:

iSlodinx wrote:

Go back to OT
My post is off topic
Edgar_Figaro
finding number of "active" players might be impossible but you can get a rough estimate of the number of players currently not so innactive as to have been de-ranked. So I went on to Osu and sorted by rank and found the lowest ranked online player I could.

Found one that listed as 0PP and was rank #3,391,360. Now this is very likely not the actual lowest ranked player as it was rounding this person down to 0PP and there are probably plenty of other people who have an even smaller fractional amount of PP.

The reason why this number is so much less than the 11Million users is for a few reasons.

1. The game de-ranks players that have not played a specific gamemode in a long enough time. Since Osu is 10 years old, there are tons of innactive players yet the user account number constantly increases.
2. There are many users who join Osu to play other gamemodes like Taiko, Mania, or CTB and never even touch Osu Standard.
3. People that created an account and never passed any beatmaps
Topic Starter
Oafmeal95

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

finding number of "active" players might be impossible but you can get a rough estimate of the number of players currently not so innactive as to have been de-ranked. So I went on to Osu and sorted by rank and found the lowest ranked online player I could.

Found one that listed as 0PP and was rank #3,391,360. Now this is very likely not the actual lowest ranked player as it was rounding this person down to 0PP and there are probably plenty of other people who have an even smaller fractional amount of PP.

The reason why this number is so much less than the 11Million users is for a few reasons.

1. The game de-ranks players that have not played a specific gamemode in a long enough time. Since Osu is 10 years old, there are tons of innactive players yet the user account number constantly increases.
2. There are many users who join Osu to play other gamemodes like Taiko, Mania, or CTB and never even touch Osu Standard.
3. People that created an account and never passed any beatmaps

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.