pronet12
Thanks for the hard work
Topic Starter
Founntain

pronet12 wrote:

Thanks for the hard work

Thank you very much.

7.2.p released | The Fullscreen Patch

You can now run (If you want ofcourse) in Fullscreen-Mode. Its a clean and tidy Fullscreen-UI. You can do most all of you stuff in the Fullscreen-Mode. You have the ability to use the fullscreen mode also in a 1280x720 resolution.
Also added just for this feature a combo box in the settings, to let osu!player start in your desired version. (Default is Normal)
Also some small changes: Changed the default background. It was pretty bright, with to much white. I changed it to something more dark, so that the controls are more visible. Also the Heart Icon changed a bit, its more smoother now.

And last but not least a screenshot.
Quibbly
I'd like to see where all the songs are already imported in to osu!player so we don't have to let the songs load into the player every time we launch it. It'd make the experience that much better :)

Also I feel that the click boxes for the sound bar and such to lower and raise the volume is a little too small. Most of the time when I click anywhere on the sound bar it doesn't want to register (it may just be me I'm really dumb)
Topic Starter
Founntain

Quibbly wrote:

I'd like to see where all the songs are already imported in to osu!player so we don't have to let the songs load into the player every time we launch it. It'd make the experience that much better :)

You can see all the imported songs, the file should be located somewhere in the data folder. (Can't look right now, because I'm at work) If you open the file, you see all your imported songs. I know it takes some while to import the songs (especially when you have more then 10k songs) even if they are all saved in one file. It really needs some improvements and I really should consider in doing that next.

Quibbly wrote:

Also I feel that the click boxes for the sound bar and such to lower and raise the volume is a little too small. Most of the time when I click anywhere on the sound bar it doesn't want to register (it may just be me I'm really dumb)

Yeah the hitboxes are quite wierd I know that. But i really can't change it that much. The best way to change your volume is by dragging the big white dot until I find a solution of fixing it.

I hope these things are not that much for a problem and you like how it is so far, until i found a solution.
Topic Starter
Founntain

7.8.p released

Quibbly wrote:

Fixed the import algo and it now should import already imported songs much faster.

Also many requested it via DM on Discord and now you get it. When using fullscreen mode osu!player (miniplayer) will now minimize to the system tray. Just click the icon in the system tray to open the miniplayer again.
Topic Starter
Founntain

8.0.p released

Added, changed and fixed some stuff for the Fullscreen-Mode and added better Logging.
For full information view the Patchnotes.
Topic Starter
Founntain

8.2.p released

Just a small updated that fixed an UI bug
Topic Starter
Founntain

8.3.p released

Today its the time to introduce the Audio Spectrum to the public. We mad a private test, for all Discord members of the osu!player Discord.
Now after many performance improvments we release it to the public. You will also find in the data folder a spectrum.json there you can edit some of the values for the spectrum e.g. FPS and number of bars.
Also we fixed some performance issues.

If you have trouble with this update, or any bugs, please report them as fast as possible.
Also if the player doesn't play any songs because of the updated or doesn't start at all. Please try a new import by creating a file called newImport.txt
Topic Starter
Founntain

8.5.p released

The time has come and the miniplayer is gone and the Fullscreen-Mode is the new main GUI.
We made many tweaks for making that possible and that most of can be happy.

We removed many options that wasn't used or not usefull. The Translations got rewritten, if you are a translator you should check them and possibly start from scratch.
Also we made some fixed to the Exporter it should now work perfectly with the filter.

IMPORTANT
If someone already updated to 8.5.p until now, they should get an error and the player wont start. To fix this please download the 8.5.p package again. Its just an library that wasn't updated. We will fix this issue in the update so that you will have in 8.6.p an updater that will work corretly and updated outdated libraries. Here a quick link for the 8.5.p package: http://server.founntain.de/osuplayer/v8.5/osu!player.zip

Just replace everthing or just the DLL files
-Akeno-
Hello i'm getting an error when starting the program, not sure why
Topic Starter
Founntain

-Akeno- wrote:

Hello i'm getting an error when starting the program, not sure why

You are missing the spectrum.json that should have. Can you check if you have a spectrum.json in your Directory where the .exe is or in the data folder?

If not create in the data folder a spectrum.json and put this in it
Content

{
//Number of displayed bars (default: 128):
"numBars": 256,
//Spacing between bars in pixels (default: 3):
"barSpacing": 3,
//Maximum frequency of visualizer (default: 20000):
"frequency": 20000,
//Refreshinterval in fps (default: 30):
"refreshInterval": 60
}

However, thanks for reporting the issue, the spectrum.json was not shipped in the updated. Thanks for reporting. It will be fixed in the next version
-Akeno-
Yeah i didnt have the file at all, and manually adding it fixed the problem, thanks ! love your work ! :)
Topic Starter
Founntain

-Akeno- wrote:

Yeah i didnt have the file at all, and manually adding it fixed the problem, thanks ! love your work ! :)

Thanks. Well, normally you should have the file, but it was my bad, I forgot to include the file in the last patch ^^"
Topic Starter
Founntain

8.6.p released

Fixed some updater bugs, added unicode songnames and much more.
For full information read the patchnotes.
Topic Starter
Founntain

8.9.p released

We added some smooth transitions, the osu!player will look much smoother also we fixed and changed some small stuff. For full information read the patchnotes.
Topic Starter
Founntain

osu!player plus

I know I left this thread dead and now I will finally post about it. The osu!player plus is a newer version of the osu!player. Why? Because the osu!player was a mess from the code that was lying behind, so I wanted to rewrite everything from scratch. So say hello to the osu!player plus.

If you want to know more about the osu!player plus, you can read the info post in its repository here

Feedback is welcome as always, if you want to keep in touch with me much faster, or want a response much quicker? Then please join the osu!player discord server. You can find the invite in the start post.
Det
The size of the windows is so big that i cant even click on the edge to resize it :c
Topic Starter
Founntain

Det wrote:

The size of the windows is so big that i cant even click on the edge to resize it :c

Actually you can resize the window by pressing in the bottom right corner
If you can't reach this place, then please tell me it and I will make a Fix ASAP
Det

- Founntain - wrote:

If you can't reach this place, then please tell me it and I will make a Fix ASAP

indeed i can't reach that edge in the corner, it just covers the whole screen (even the taskbar) and i can't move/resize it. Here's a fullscreen screenshot

i use 1366x768 resolution.

Oh btw, it would be nice if there was a way to remove the map ID from the music title when using the OBS option, just like the old versions.
Topic Starter
Founntain

Det wrote:

- Founntain - wrote:

indeed i can't reach that edge in the corner, it just covers the whole screen (even the taskbar) and i can't move/resize it. Here's a fullscreen screenshot

i use 1366x768 resolution.

Oh btw, it would be nice if there was a way to remove the map ID from the music title when using the OBS option, just like the old versions.

Thanks for telling me that, in the next update there will be a detection if your screen is big enough if not it will start in a lower resolution and then it should fit on your screen.
And yes I will fix that the OBS feature wont take the ID inside. That also shouldn't be there, so that's my fault.
The update will probably will be released between 11-17.02 because its quite a big one.
Topic Starter
Founntain

Det wrote:

The update is released now the player should start in a lower resolution for you
Arkonite
How do I stop it from connecting to discord?
Topic Starter
Founntain

Arkonite wrote:

How do I stop it from connecting to discord?

Currently it always connects to Discord and I was aware that I should make it an option to stop that. I can do that, if it you don't like it. But to inform you, it does not directly connect to discord. Its more checking if a Discord is running to start the Discord Rhich Presence.
Topic Starter
Founntain

IMPORTANT

If you have a current instalation and can't start the player anymore, then please start the updater and click on the install updates manualy button. Open the downloaded .zip file and replace the everything with your current installation.
We release a huge update that fixed a ton of bugs and should avoid stuff like that in the future. Thanks for your attention.
Patchnotes
Gaviel
Hey there
Is this have a visualizer feature? I search for osu! Skin game that can change the design menu UI that can make me well with the visualizer (around circle). well i found this.

I doubt, is this have a visualizer? There is no visualizer player except "reinmeter". I do not want to use it, cause it heavy for device.
Topic Starter
Founntain

Gaviel wrote:

Hey there
Is this have a visualizer feature? I search for osu! Skin game that can change the design menu UI that can make me well with the visualizer (around circle). well i found this.

I doubt, is this have a visualizer? There is no visualizer player except "reinmeter". I do not want to use it, cause it heavy for device.

The old osu!player had something like that, but what do you mean with visualizer? Do you mean one in the client or a visualizer on the desktop for your background? For the client we can do something like that however for the desktop I need to say no, also to mention that the visualizer would also be a bit heavy for the device!
iloveyou4ever
Hey it's a really cool player but just few suggestions // (dont know if it's actually implemented but I can't find the button to enable the feature tho)

1.Adjusting the transparency of the BG of the song (like I can change the picture to be not that blurry or more blurry myself)
2.Equalizing the music volume, sometimes some mp3 are louder and some are weaker, so I think equalizing would be a better listening experience (not sure if it's possible tho)

EDIT : the first point can be edited in settings nice!!
Topic Starter
Founntain

iloveyou4ever wrote:

Hey it's a really cool player but just few suggestions // (dont know if it's actually implemented but I can't find the button to enable the feature tho)

1.Adjusting the transparency of the BG of the song (like I can change the picture to be not that blurry or more blurry myself)
2.Equalizing the music volume, sometimes some mp3 are louder and some are weaker, so I think equalizing would be a better listening experience (not sure if it's possible tho)

EDIT : the first point can be edited in settings nice!!

1) You found that out by yourself : D
2) And I really don't know if this is possible.
However thank you in general for the feedback :)
Topic Starter
Founntain

An update again for this post

Since my last post many things happened so I want to address some of the bigger fixes and features
  1. Changed the logo
  2. Added Playlistmode
  3. Added Hotkey support
  4. Added a XP system so user with profiles can grind some juicy XP by using the player
  5. Themes are not so broken anymore
  6. Party system got an UI overhowl
  7. Added a downloader and uploader for languages
  8. Reduced file size by half
  9. And much more
  10. Statistics

This thread might look dead but we are activly working on it still to fix bugs and try to implement new features and suggestions. If you want to report bugs you can post them here or via Discord. If you have trouble using the player you can also post them here or also via Discord. Also not to forget is to mention that feedback is always welcome.

You can find the download here.

Thank you very much if you consider using the player I really appreciate that and thanks for reading.
Topic Starter
Founntain

Important note

Some user that use the player told me that the player won't start anymore because of a crash. Thanks for the kind people, telling me that <3

However I released a fix, but if you can't get to the update via the player (Cause of crash, because of auto import of songs), then you need to download the update manually. Just open the Updater.exe and click can't install update button or click here. It will redirect you to the latest version and will download a .zip containing the newest update. Just replace everything in your current installation. Then everything should work fine.

The future? Motivation?

Also I know I was kinda active the last months in terms of development. However to motivated myself even more to get most of the stuff done. I told myself to fix, implement all current open issues until 2020 or 05.01.2019 (Cause my vacations end then)

This will include the following features:

1. Language Editor for our kind translators, to make everything easier
  2. Dim Background Images (User Request)
  3. Remember last playlist when closing (User Request)
And the following fixes:

1. DiscordRPC not updating in playlistmode
  2. Using the Beatmap Checksum and not the ID for the Startsong
  3. And probably some bugs that are currently not listed

Last but not least

If you find bugs or just want to tell me a feature you want to see. Or anything else, then you can post it here, join the discord server or just send an e-mail to osuplayer@founntain.de

YOUR feedback is needed and will be heard.

Thanks for taking your time, and if you still use the player. Thank you really much, it means a lot and helps me to motivate me even more if the things I try to do will be appreciatedby some people <3
Topic Starter
Founntain

Version 36 out now

1. Fixed a bug that the player could not download the update.
  2. Optionmenu is now infinite scrollable, no more pages.
  3. Added an Equalizer to the player, tune the sounds and music to your likings. You can open it via the settings in the advanced settings.
  4. Added the Language Editor. Now you can easily create languages. You will find a list of all keys on the left, select one by one and get this translations going.
  5. Fixed a bug, when clicking on "enable song caching" that the "use obs" checkbox will be checked. (Thanks to Noko916)
  6. Fixed a bug, that the client receives translations with weird characters.
  7. Fixed a bug, that japanese, russian and any other language that uses its own alphabet will be displayed wrong with weird characters. (Thanks to Noko916 and MrDubstep863)
  8. Teached the abusive API some manners
  9. Internal bug fixes, style fixes

The osu!player equalizer is here

One user request we had really long in mind, but it was quite forgoten. Now it is here. You can use the presets or make a custom one. In the future we will make it possible to share presets with others, via the API.

The Language Editor is FINALLY here

Probably the most requested feature by our translators. A tool to make it easier for creating translations for the player.
Now you can just create an empty language and scroll trough the keys that need to be translated. Then just save it and then maybe upload it to the api, to share it with other people. You need to have a profile, to upload a language to the API
Liolanse
Hello, ilove this player.
but I can´t find where i can find to delete double songs!
Topic Starter
Founntain

Liolanse wrote:

Hello, ilove this player.
but I can´t find where i can find to delete double songs!

Thanks you, great to hear that you like it. Currently there is nothing to sort out double songs. There are a couple of reasons for this:
We use the beatmap checksum.
Because of that there can't be a map with the same checksum twice or more.
We don't do that, because of many songs have the same title, artist etc. but the audio file is different in terms of lenght as an example.
We can look into that if it is possible, but I think this will be hard and really hard to implement. But I hope its not kind of a bummer.
Itsuka_Hiro
I Really love it !!!
Topic Starter
Founntain

Itsuka_Hiro wrote:

I Really love it !!!
Thank you really much <3
TacoBelles
Hi,,, how do I import songs?
Topic Starter
Founntain

TacoBelles wrote:

Hi,,, how do I import songs?
By clicking on this label
ItsRainbows
Hello! This music player is fantastic, but I am confused why my client seems very clunky and slow. When I scroll it takes a while for the client to catch up. Also just clicking between tabs on the side takes about 2-4 seconds for the transition
Topic Starter
Founntain

ItsRainbows wrote:

Hello! This music player is fantastic, but I am confused why my client seems very clunky and slow. When I scroll it takes a while for the client to catch up. Also just clicking between tabs on the side takes about 2-4 seconds for the transition
Great to hear, that you love it. It could have several reasons tho.
Maybe a slow connection. So API and Online stuff makes the player slow. You can try it in offline mode (enable it in the settings) and look if it still is there.

However it also can be a slow GPU or CPU, another reason could be a slow or old Hard Drive
morcfiz
So I have an account, but I can't use it, cause I'm not quite sure how one would log in? Currently I'm just using a guest account, but I would like to use the one I originally created.
show more