forum

osu!player | An osu! music-player with some extra features

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Founntain

Version 3.6.p released

Some minor bugfixes, added a notification when you patched to the newest version (Asks you to open the patchnotes) and added a feedback button.

The feedback button asks you if you want to post your feedback here in this post or here

Removed 'Uninstall' button in the osu!player installer

Like the title says. I removed the unistall button to prevent data loss (like the quote below), because of miss understanding the uninstall button function, messages and texts.

luro02 wrote:

Well, that thing successfully cleaned my Documents Folder with 200GB data...

please add a check, that looks for the osu!player folder or a little notice....
i selected the Documents folder like I did on the installation and it recursively delted everything inside there....
Mamba_old_1
I had nothing to do and i'm a translator so..

There you go, french translation : https://mega.nz/#!vE0RxQBa!mey9ixAzvcGM ... hTWc1sSzGU ( this one is without french accents/punctuation )

This one is with french accents/punctuation but i saw that your app does not support them :s : https://mega.nz/#!XN0WTSgS!ZHMtZddwtrRr ... kG-yjsjpW0

If you have any problems or question, feel free to ask me :D
Topic Starter
Founntain

Netherless wrote:

There you go, french translation : https://mega.nz/#!vE0RxQBa!mey9ixAzvcGM ... hTWc1sSzGU ( this one is without french accents/punctuation )

This one is with french accents/punctuation but i saw that your app does not support them :s : https://mega.nz/#!XN0WTSgS!ZHMtZddwtrRr ... kG-yjsjpW0

Thank you very much. I uploaded your file to the language pack. Now if they update their languages they will now have french too. I hope you also enjoy the play. (If you use it) And if you find any bugs leave them here.
Mamba_old_1

- Founntain - wrote:

Netherless wrote:

Thank you very much. I uploaded your file to the language pack. Now if they update their languages they will now have french too. I hope you also enjoy the play. (If you use it) And if you find any bugs leave them here.
Yeah I use it and it’s really good!
When you try to install it (for me) the program does not asked for Admin Rights (cuz every program need them to install) so it was crashing, I had to lauch it with admin rights.
Topic Starter
Founntain

Netherless wrote:

Yeah I use it and it’s really good!
When you try to install it (for me) the program does not asked for Admin Rights (cuz every program need them to install) so it was crashing, I had to lauch it with admin rights.

Well the installer doesnt really install. Like a usual installer, because you wont find the player in you system settings under uninstall programms. The installer just downloads a zip, create a osu!player folder at the given path, extract all files, deletes the .zip file and opens the osu!player folder. The installer just does the same like what a user would probably do, if he would download the .zip by himself. Probably you needed admin rights, cause the path that you choose needed admin rights to write and save the files there. However iam not sure

EDIT: Also thanks for the feedback, i will think about to patch the installer to ask for admin rights
Topic Starter
Founntain

3.7.p released

Just a small update. I removed some textboxes, that were quite useless, as example the textbox if you press the "Export songs to directory" button. Also the new update includes some minor fixes.

Reworking languages

This doesn't mean anything bad, so don't jump in triangles now. I just wan't to say if I will release the new update (3.8.p), the language files will be reworked.

So what does that mean?

Just some small changes. At first, the location of the language files will not be changed, also not the file-extension (Will stay as .txt). I just will go through the English.txt and delete lines that are not used anymore.

So what will i do as a translator?

Pretty simple. Just go through the English.txt and look if lines are the same. IF not, just delete the line. Also I will help you too, when I reworked the English.txt and release the update, I will tell you the line numbers, that got removed. But please double check them.

Suggestions?

If you miss something in this player, or something you really want to see. Tell it me.
Also if you see something that you don't like, tell it me too. If you want something beeing changed. Throw it at me.

I'm waiting for your feedback and I really would appreciate it.

That was all for now.

Thanks for reading and using the osu!player

3.8.p released

Added OBS-support and reworked the language files, like i wrote above.
For further informations read the patchnotes carefully. You should read them if you are a translator

Screenshot of the OBS-Support

3.9.p released

Fixed bugs, that made the osu!player crash when closing. Some language fixes, please check your translations.
Mamba_old_1

- Founntain - wrote:

3.7.p released

Just a small update. I removed some textboxes, that were quite useless, as example the textbox if you press the "Export songs to directory" button. Also the new update includes some minor fixes.

Reworking languages

This doesn't mean anything bad, so don't jump in triangles now. I just wan't to say if I will release the new update (3.8.p), the language files will be reworked.

So what does that mean?

Just some small changes. At first, the location of the language files will not be changed, also not the file-extension (Will stay as .txt). I just will go through the English.txt and delete lines that are not used anymore.

So what will i do as a translator?

Pretty simple. Just go through the English.txt and look if lines are the same. IF not, just delete the line. Also I will help you too, when I reworked the English.txt and release the update, I will tell you the line numbers, that got removed. But please double check them.

Suggestions?

If you miss something in this player, or something you really want to see. Tell it me.
Also if you see something that you don't like, tell it me too. If you want something beeing changed. Throw it at me.

I'm waiting for your feedback and I really would appreciate it.

That was all for now.

Thanks for reading and using the osu!player

3.8.p released

Added OBS-support and reworked the language files, like i wrote above.
For further informations read the patchnotes carefully. You should read them if you are a translator

Screenshot of the OBS-Support

3.9.p released

Fixed bugs, that made the osu!player crash when closing. Some language fixes, please check your translations.

Here is the new French translation: https://souff.re/~aku/French.txt ( Right click -> save )
Topic Starter
Founntain

Netherless wrote:

Here is the new French translation: https://souff.re/~aku/French.txt ( Right click -> save )

Updated it. I hope you also tested it, but i think you did it. Otherwise you wouldn't post it here. Thank you again.
MrDubstep863
Hi man! Sorry for not updating the Russian language file my Windows 7 can't open the osu!player right now, really sory man 3(
Topic Starter
Founntain

MrDubstep863 wrote:

Hi man! Sorry for not updating the Russian language file my Windows 7 can't open the osu!player right now, really sory man 3(

Did you have any error messages in your logs folder if not try to update to the latest version if you dont have it, via the installer
Mamba_old_1
Sorry i uploaded the wrong translation :')
Now i updated it for the new version! https://souff.re/~aku/French.rar (Unzip the archive the .txt is inside) and sorry again
Topic Starter
Founntain

Netherless wrote:

Now i updated it for the new version! https://souff.re/~aku/French.rar (Unzip the archive the .txt is inside) and sorry again

As i see on the screenshot, that you forgot the Enable OBS support. Did you forget it, or was it with purpose?
However i updated it.
Mamba_old_1

- Founntain - wrote:

Netherless wrote:

As i see on the screenshot, that you forgot the Enable OBS support. Did you forget it, or was it with purpose?
However i updated it.
The Enable OBS support is not on the translation :s ( i mean not in the english one )
Topic Starter
Founntain

Netherless wrote:

- Founntain - wrote:

Netherless wrote:

However i updated it.

The Enable OBS support is not on the translation :s ( i mean not in the english one )

Ohh then i have forgot it, maybe. I will look into it and ifso, i will publish an update.

4.0.p released

Added the missing line that was mentioned by Netherless.

4.1.p released

Added Discord rich present.
Mamba_old_1

4.0.p released

Added the missing line that was mentioned by Netherless.

4.1.p released

Added Discord rich present.
Nice update! French translation updated: https://souff.re/~aku/French.rar
Topic Starter
Founntain
French translation updated

4.3.p released

Some changes to the Discord RPC and minor fixes.
Refreshtime for the Discord RPC removed. The Discord RPC refreshes if the song gets changed+discord refresh time.
Discord detects osu!player automaticly.

Topic Starter
Founntain

osu!player discord server

Hello everyone, today not an update or patch. Just a little announcement. I created a little discord server, round about the developement of the osu!player. You can feel free to join, if you want ofcourse. You can talk about your translations, other translations, suggest stuff, read the patchnotes and get in contact with the devs much easier. Many of you would like to look into discord, instead of the forum (If you prefer).
However you can also talk about normal stuff, like gaming, music and everything else. Maybe I see you there.

Press this phrase to join the discord
Topic Starter
Founntain

4.4.p released

Added some filters to the export function to export only the songs you want. Also we added a song history, that shows your song history of the current session.
Topic Starter
Founntain

4.5.p

Added two global hotkeys for the play. Read the patchnotes for more information
Topic Starter
Founntain

4.6.p released

Added a Hotkey settings menu and a new option, for further information, please read the patch notes.
Topic Starter
Founntain

5.0.p released

5.0.p is here and with some new awesome stuff

New GUI

We changed the UI again, the last UI change was in version 1.3.p. Now it was time give the player a GUI upgrade.

Many bug fixes and new windows

We moved the playlist and settings to its own windows. For more space for us to add new features and for more overview, for you guys.

Translation NOT changed

Translators listen up. With this update you dont get any new work c:

osu!player customizer removed

The modern UI has sadly no space for the customizer, so it was removed :/
The .exe will stay until 5.1.p

To do

1. Fixing some bugs, that were introduced with the new version.
  2. Give the installer and the tools a new GUI that fits to the new gui.
JaehyunPelon

- Founntain - wrote:

5.0.p released

5.0.p is here and with some new awesome stuff

New GUI

We changed the UI again, the last UI change was in version 1.3.p. Now it was time give the player a GUI upgrade.

Many bug fixes and new windows

We moved the playlist and settings to its own windows. For more space for us to add new features and for more overview, for you guys.

Translation NOT changed

Translators listen up. With this update you dont get any new work c:

osu!player customizer removed

The modern UI has sadly no space for the customizer, so it was removed :/
The .exe will stay until 5.1.p

To do

1. Fixing some bugs, that were introduced with the new version.
  2. Give the installer and the tools a new GUI that fits to the new gui.

Help pls ): http://puu.sh/zUx9x/8597b171c3.png
Topic Starter
Founntain

Vinie D wrote:

Help pls ): http://puu.sh/zUx9x/8597b171c3.png

Just press ok, and a font window should open and then just press on install. After the install of the font, the font should be installed if the window still appear maybe try relogin on windows, or a reboot of your PC.

EDIT: If it doesn't work, try installing the font by yourself. https://up.founntain.de/VKtuuw.rar
Mamba_old_1
Nice release, translations needs to be updated yeah?
Topic Starter
Founntain

Netherless wrote:

Nice release, translations needs to be updated yeah?

It should not, didnt changed the lines, but check it, if you translation doesn't work.

5.1.p released

Fixed isues with the font installing and also some small issues. For more informations look into the patch notes.
Topic Starter
Founntain

5.2.p released

Reworked the tools UI; The patch brings many bug fixes that were still before 5.0.p and also bugs, that were introduced in 5.0.p

Read the patchnotes for more information.
Topic Starter
Founntain

5.3.p released

Added a playlist editor, so you can now create as many playlists as you want, if favorites wasn't enough for you.

Favorites from old version stay

The new update should create a folder in your playlists folder with the name 'Favorites' and it should create a playlist file there with all your current favorites that you love.

Adding and removing songs

You add songs, by pressing the heart icon on the main window (Of course you need to select your playlist first). Or you drag and drop them from the left playlist (All songs) to the right playlist (Current selected playlist).
The same to removing songs, either use the heart icon or just drag them from the right playlist to the left. Also you have a quick button to add the current playing song to your playlist.

You also can delete a playlist, but watchout, this cannot be undone. Also the player will tell you that you cant delete your favorites. (Well you can, if you delete the folder)

Speaking about folders. The new version creates a new folder inside your data folder, the folder is simply called 'Playlists'. There you find for every playlist a folder; YES your favorites are now a playlist too, so maybe don't delete them.

Language changes

To keep it short. I changed line 25 in the English.txt so translators should check it.

Yell at me

Please contact me on the offical osu!player discord (Link in the start post) or in this post if something doesn't work, because I have the bad feeling that something will not work, even after thousend tests.

Now enjoy c:

5.4.p released

Just a bug fix that you can't remove songs from playlist via DragAndDrop.
Topic Starter
Founntain

5.5.p released

Added a kind of offline mode. The reason behind that is, when you have currently no internet connection or the server is currently not responding, for stuff like font-downloading or checking for updates. The player will just crash without a warning.

The other reason is, that the server will be down for like 1-2 days, and while its down you cant update, check for updates, or neither download the player.

So if you want to upgrade to the newest version, but you can't because that the server is currently down. Then please consinder use THIS LINK.
Topic Starter
Founntain

5.6.p released

Some minor bug fixes and a feature to register your username to the osu!player server.
For full information read the patchnotes or the message box, if you want to register your username.
Also it doesn't need to be your osu! name.
Topic Starter
Founntain

5.9.p released

Added for our translators a new button in the translation tool. It allows you now to save your language and upload it directly to the server. Also fixed a bug with the Discord RPC.
MrDubstep863
Russian language updated! Founntain see in Discord :з
Topic Starter
Founntain

6.2.p released

Added a feature to see some Beatmap informations, just enter your API key into the settings and press enter, and then you can use this feature. Also I moved some icons to an extra panel, that can be toggled on/off, because there was no space anymore.
Topic Starter
Founntain

6.3.p released

The minimize button is back again, also i changed the first start volume to 25. And some small bug fixes.
Sadovocalist
This is perfect!

Unfortunately, I only have PC and I want to bring my osu!library on-the-go.

I only have an Android, But all my music player (AIMP, Play Music, and such) doesn't want to read a damn thing in the osu!droid folder.

Can you make just one version for the Android please?
Topic Starter
Founntain

Sadovocalist wrote:

This is perfect!

Unfortunately, I only have PC and I want to bring my osu!library on-the-go.

I only have an Android, But all my music player (AIMP, Play Music, and such) doesn't want to read a damn thing in the osu!droid folder.

Can you make just one version for the Android please?

I don't have any experience with mobile programming and stuff like that, but if you want to hear your osu! music, you can use the in build Export function in the options. Then you can export every .mp3 into a given directory and then you can move the directory on your phone. That would be a good solution for your problem.
Det
How about an option to export only the current playing song?
Topic Starter
Founntain

Det wrote:

How about an option to export only the current playing song?

Sure I can do that, but as long as the update is not out, you can use the 'Open Folder' function and copy the file from there.
Topic Starter
Founntain

6.4.p released

Added a button for exportin only the current playing song.
Some changes to the OBS and some minor fixes.

For full information check the patchnotes.
DerNettePanda
Discord Link isnt available?

:O
Topic Starter
Founntain

DerNettePanda wrote:

Discord Link isnt available?

:O

There you go i will edit the start post. https://discord.gg/RJQSc5B
show more