forum

osu!player | An osu! music-player with some extra features

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Founntain
Well some time past since the last post, so here is an update for you people out there.
The update contains the new version of the osu!player.
The Update comes with the osu!miniplayer. Because i like the the miniplayer more its now the default player for this project, that means the old GUI is not anymore there.
Sadly the project is not anymore a single file, because i used some API's and Libaries.

Screenshot:

XinCrin wrote:

Great way to improve your programming skills and music. Let me try it
Thank you c: I really appreciate it, i hope you enjoy using it c: Also sorry for my late response.
The download will be in the startpost. (Also the full changelog)
Blankz_
Loving it.
tbh I've been using the osu laser client as a song player but this is so much more lightweight... ill probably end up using this :D.
Looks amazing :)

edit: have this on my second monitor.... always on top support pls?
Surono
<333
Jam
Liking it so far,
I was just wondering if you had a GitHub for this project, just interested.

Bugs or Features to possibly implement (these are super picky and most of which you probably know of):
- Favourites appear to consistently crash the program when double clicking the song.
- Search is case sensitive. (which is a slight pain)
- The search could be potentially formatted better if the path to the file is known.
- If it is playing on shuffle and you go back a song it will not be the same song that was previously playing on shuffle which is kinda expected on most music players.
- When dragging the program it is extremely large in comparison to the actual size of the program.
- Possibly make the big osu!player logo draggable as there is not much space to drag the program around right now and my first instinct was to drag that part.
- Save the previous song played when the program is closed and resume when opening again.
- Save the volume setting when the program is closed.
- Save the favorites when closing the program.

From this post, I sound pretty pessimistic but overall the program is quick to parse through all the songs in the osu songs folder, and it is also small and therefore extremely convenient to have open in comparison to osu

edit: Grammar
Topic Starter
Founntain

Jam wrote:

Liking it so far,
I was just wondering if you had a GitHub for this project, just interested. Not for now, because the code is a mess.

Bugs or Features to possibly implement (these are super picky and most of which you probably know of):
- Favourites appear to consistently crash the program when double clicking the song.Yeah i know. But should be fixed in the future version. (I hope)
- Search is case sensitive. (which is a slight pain) Yup. I know i hate it too. But i will look into it
- The search could be potentially formatted better if the path to the file is known.
- If it is playing on shuffle and you go back a song it will not be the same song that was previously playing on shuffle which is kinda expected on most music players. Sure. Comes in the new Version
- When dragging the program it is extremely large in comparison to the actual size of the program.That is because of the window boundingbox the space down there is the space where the search is when it is visible.
- Possibly make the big osu!player logo draggable as there is not much space to drag the program around right now and my first instinct was to drag that part. Sure. Comes in the new Version
- Save the previous song played when the program is closed and resume when opening again. It was available in older version, but i can make a option in the settings again
- Save the volume setting when the program is closed. It does. But if it crashes it won't save obviously.
- Save the favorites when closing the program. Comes back in the new version when i upload it

From this post, I sound pretty pessimistic but overall the program is quick to parse through all the songs in the osu songs folder, and it is also small and therefore extremely convenient to have open in comparison to osu Well that was my main point. I just want to use my RAM or CPU for different stuff and so thats why i coded it.

edit: Grammar
Topic Starter
Founntain

Blankz_ wrote:

Loving it.
tbh I've been using the osu laser client as a song player but this is so much more lightweight... ill probably end up using this :D.
Looks amazing :)

edit: have this on my second monitor.... always on top support pls?
Thank you c:

What do you mean with always on top?

Version 1.5p released. Read the start post for patchnotes and new download link.
Jam
Thanks for updating the program, loving it, glad you kept the option to turn some of the features off just in case! I hope you continue to update this and improve on it, really good idea, well executed and I will be looking out for future updates. Nice job 👍
Topic Starter
Founntain

Jam wrote:

Thanks for updating the program, loving it, glad you kept the option to turn some of the features off just in case! I hope you continue to update this and improve on it, really good idea, well executed and I will be looking out for future updates. Nice job 👍

Thank you very much for your respone Jam. I will keep working on it because it's one of my projects, in that i'am most interested. I hope you enjoy using it and hope you like that way it is. If you have suggestions again, i would really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Topic Starter
Founntain
osu!player 1.8.p is out now it comes with some bugfixes and some new features. Also i released the osu!player installer.
A small installer that installs the osu!player for you. Also you can use it to download all additional languages that are available.
If you have feedback for me, i would realy appreciate it.

IMPORTANT
If you have trouble updating from 1.7.p to 1.8.p via the Build in Updater, then download the update via the osu!player installer and choose as install dir your current osu!player path. The build in updater had some bugs and crashed everytime while updating. A new version of the build in updater is included in 1.8.p
-REV-
This actually a really cool concept and an answer to one of my prayers i hope its light weight too like spotify so i can use when i play my other games like Overwatch.
Topic Starter
Founntain

RevPlays wrote:

This actually a really cool concept and an answer to one of my prayers i hope its light weight too like spotify so i can use when i play my other games like Overwatch.
Thank you. Glad you like it. Yeah its pretty light weight. It use (ony my computer with 2700~ songs) 90MB RAM and less then 1% of CPU c:
And also i use it when i play overwatch too and i don't have any problems while playing c:
Blankz_
What i mean by "always on top" is OSU!Player always showing up above other windows. I mostly use it on my second monitor in the bottom right corner and it would be nice for it to not be covered up when i click on discord (in case i wanna add a song to favorites or something).

Loving the program and glad you've been updating it. I see to many programs fall by the wayside an/or having their thread being buried in the Dev forum.
JSMKami
Wow, It's so cool, good job dude, If you need help with some translation to spanish I would like to help you ^^
Topic Starter
Founntain
Again an update. 2.1.p is now released and brings mostly bug fixes and some UI polish.
For more information read the patchnotes please.
Topic Starter
Founntain

Blankz_ wrote:

What i mean by "always on top" is OSU!Player always showing up above other windows. I mostly use it on my second monitor in the bottom right corner and it would be nice for it to not be covered up when i click on discord (in case i wanna add a song to favorites or something).

Loving the program and glad you've been updating it. I see to many programs fall by the wayside an/or having their thread being buried in the Dev forum.
Sure i can make an option in the settings for it. It will come in the next version. (I didnt saw the page 2 in this thread, otherwise it would be now in 2.1.p) Also thank you for your feedback and glad you like it c:

JSMKami wrote:

Wow, It's so cool, good job dude, If you need help with some translation to spanish I would like to help you ^^
Sure just upload a textfile or post it here in a spoilerbox (I prefer the textfile). If i got it, I will notify you if the new language file is in the complete language pack.
Glad you like the player.
Blankz_

- Founntain - wrote:

Blankz_ wrote:

Sure i can make an option in the settings for it. It will come in the next version. (I didnt saw the page 2 in this thread, otherwise it would be now in 2.1.p) Also thank you for your feedback and glad you like it c:
Thanks man can't wait.
Also ive been using the new site for threads and it seems a lot smoother. there's no real pages. it just scrolls.
Here is a direct link to your thread in the new site or you can just go to the forum post and click "preview this page in the new forum design"
painfulbunny
Absolutely amazing! I've only been using it for 10mins since this post and I love it already.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but when I search for a song under "Search" and double click the song, the osu!player doesn't respond and closes. Would be awesome if this could be fixed!

Once again, amazing either way.
Topic Starter
Founntain

Blankz_ wrote:

Thanks man can't wait.
Also ive been using the new site for threads and it seems a lot smoother. there's no real pages. it just scrolls.
Here is a direct link to your thread in the new site or you can just go to the forum post and click "preview this page in the new forum design"

Yeah i know, i mostly use the new site, when i use my phone. But on my pc i use the old site because i still like the editor much more.

painfulbunny wrote:

Absolutely amazing! I've only been using it for 10mins since this post and I love it already.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but when I search for a song under "Search" and double click the song, the osu!player doesn't respond and closes. Would be awesome if this could be fixed!

I will look into it. But need to ask something first. Does it crash e. g. OsuPlayer.exe is not responding or just *poof* closes? But i have some gueses, i will look into it.

Thank you two for the feedback. c:
Topic Starter
Founntain
osu!player 2.2.p now available containing some requested features and bug fixes. Full information always in the patchnotes.

Blankz_ wrote:

Now available

painfulbunny wrote:

My gues was wrong and i still didn't found the issue. But for making fixing and finding much easier i created a log file that logs every error. So if nothing happens again or it crashes check the logfile. If the logfile is still empty. Then please try deleting the config of the player you find the config here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\OsuPlayer
Delete there all folders and check if the issue is still there. If so! Then try to make a video/gif of the process how you came to the error this will be also more helpfull.

Also a question to all of you
Do you like the colors of the osu!player? Cause I'm thinking about to recolor the GUI into the Settings colors? That means this purple and pink would be than dark gray and pink. Or should i just post a screenshot first?
Topic Starter
Founntain
osu!player 2.4.p released. It contains some bug fixes and a tool for making translating the player much easier. For more information look into the patchnotes.
Topic Starter
Founntain
2.5.p out now with some bug fixes that were quiet anoying. For full information please read the patchnotes.
MrDubstep863
Hi There! I right now translating on the russian language, other russian's can help edit the
russian laguage file. If he helped me with that i upload to you the russian language file on the mail. If you please ;)
Topic Starter
Founntain

MrDubstep863 wrote:

Hi There! I right now translating on the russian language, other russian's can help edit the
russian laguage file. If he helped me with that i upload to you the russian language file on the mail. If you please ;)

Sure, just send me a private message with the file and I will put it in the language pack. Also please test the language file first and look if everything is fine. And a question for the go, did you used the translation tool or just the an editor?

Also thank you for translating the player into russian also i hope you like the player so far. c:
MrDubstep863

- Founntain - wrote:

MrDubstep863 wrote:

Sure, just send me a private message with the file and I will put it in the language pack. Also please test the language file first and look if everything is fine. And a question for the go, did you used the translation tool or just the an editor?

Also thank you for translating the player into russian also i hope you like the player so far. c:

1. Okay i send if i done
2. I'll test it first that language when i'm done
3. Yes, i used your translation tool
Topic Starter
Founntain

MrDubstep863 wrote:

1. Okay i send if i done
2. I'll test it first that language when i'm done

I will wait for it c:

MrDubstep863 wrote:

3. Yes, i used your translation tool

Did you had any problems or just it was smooth like butter? :D

Version 2.6.p released. Please use the installer to update to the newest version. Cause i made an update to the build in updater. Thank your for understanding. For full information read the patchnotes and the warning note in the download-box.
JSMKami

Got this error while trying to update it. Tried to run the osuPlayer as admin a got the same error. I will try to get these translations here in some time ^^ ...

Translate from english to spanish:

Mega Link for spanish translate: https://mega.nz/#!B5QzUQTD!7X1_2Y1CqxGd3YijsRectrGvFiaHJlAV7K4syjovhdQ
MrDubstep863
Alright i clean the music when he be imported and change actual folder. My bad.

And here the translation to the russian language >> https://mega.nz/#!kx5ixaCY!1IzyjAzCwfUK1s7ExzxqVL2SRV3VV-DoX3sBI_4XPtg
Topic Starter
Founntain

JSMKami wrote:

Got this error while trying to update it. Tried to run the osuPlayer as admin a got the same error. I will try to get these translations here in some time ^^ ...

Translate from english to spanish:

Mega Link for spanish translate: https://mega.nz/#!B5QzUQTD!7X1_2Y1CqxGd3YijsRectrGvFiaHJlAV7K4syjovhdQ

Please read my qoute before

- Founntain - wrote:

Version 2.6.p released. Please use the installer to update to the newest version. Cause i made an update to the build in updater. Thank your for understanding. For full information read the patchnotes and the warning note in the download-box.

That means download the installer via the osu thread and choose your osu!player dir and redownload everything (Your playlist and favos will be saved)
Thanks for the translation, I will put it in the lang pack soon.

MrDubstep863 wrote:

1. He load some images from folder music in the osu!player, it's nice.
2. He loaded sounds from skins! I don't know why but, need some help about that
3. I'm gonna upload the translation, i need see what's wrong and upload on the mega

Awnser for 1) Thank you c:
Awnser for 2) I will look into that. Can you show me your selected path from the settings?

Awnser for 3) Sure i wait for it.

2.7.p out now

The version comes with some bug fixes and a rework of the Export function. Here is a screenshot

Please read the patchnotes for full information.
MrDubstep863
I think that I did my job here with a translation, if something changes in the Englisch file to alert me if I need to translate something.

Good luck and thank you for the update that you are doing ^^

I will put a file with a translation into my profile osu! for the work done.
Thank you :з - Спасибо :з
Topic Starter
Founntain

MrDubstep863 wrote:

I think that I did my job here with a translation, if something changes in the Englisch file to alert me if I need to translate something.

Good luck and thank you for the update that you are doing ^^

I will put a file with a translation into my profile osu! for the work done.
Thank you :з - Спасибо :з

Thank you very much. The russian translation is now in the offical language pack and i wrote you in the special thanks box.

MrDubstep863 wrote:

if something changes in the Englisch file to alert me if I need to translate something.

I gues you will find it out by yourself. Because the osu!player notifies you when the language is not supported in this version anymore. Then you can lookup by yourself and add the new lines c:

Again thank your for investing the time to translate the osu!player into russian.

2.8.p released

The newest version comes with a new tool and some bug fixes.
Read the patchnotes for full information.
MrDubstep863
The russian language updated to the new version, developer please uptade the language to the newest version
https://mega.nz/#!JoAGFLiT!TUr0CJbJxIZ3se5AKTAKgXgGDoreOgT19bqsc6Am7Cc
Topic Starter
Founntain

MrDubstep863 wrote:

The russian language updated to the new version, developer please uptade the language to the newest version

Done and thank you for translating it that fast. c:
Topic Starter
Founntain

2.9.p released

The new version comes with bug fixes, a new updater and also with a new indicator for the song time. The new updater doesn't need to get updated via the installer. This time you get it from the old updater (OsuPlayerUpdater.exe). The new updater will remove the old Updater and replace it with the new one, also the new updater can even update himself. So no extra steps, just to update the Updater.exe.

Known Issues
- maxSongtime is also visible while the settings menu is open.
MrDubstep863

- Founntain - wrote:

2.9.p released

The new version comes with bug fixes, a new updater and also with a new indicator for the song time. The new updater doesn't need to get updated via the installer. This time you get it from the old updater (OsuPlayerUpdater.exe). The new updater will remove the old Updater and replace it with the new one, also the new updater can even update himself. So no extra steps, just to update the Updater.exe.

Known Issues
- maxSongtime is also visible while the settings menu is open.

I have 1 question... did youdownload and update the russian language? >_____>https://mega.nz/#!IlQXQL6a!Vo0-XbYl39uiTZPG3zd1uCkOkdmjfw08JwzC7qGtKv4
Topic Starter
Founntain

- Founntain - wrote:

MrDubstep863 wrote:

Done and thank you for translating it that fast. c:

Like i wrote, I did it and its in the offical language pack.
MrDubstep863
I updated osu!player BUT i see that my translation was not updated, when I open 2 files Russian and English, I noticed that my translation lacked 2 lines.

I had to update my translation and warn you about the update of the translation
Topic Starter
Founntain

MrDubstep863 wrote:

I updated osu!player BUT i see that my translation was not updated, when I open 2 files Russian and English, I noticed that my translation lacked 2 lines.

I had to update my translation and warn you about the update of the translation

If you update the player it doesn't update the languages, if you want to update the languages you need to do it via the installer. I know its quiet shiet, so i will bring in the next version a setting to download languages in the osu!player instead to download always the installer.
Topic Starter
Founntain

3.0.p released

- We changed the audio library to NAudio to give us more possibilities in the future
- Also we added a plus icon to the settings menu so you can easily can update your languages and or download them.
- We added an artist label. You will see what we mean c:

If your patcher crashes with an error when patching on 3.0.p

It was a mistake from me again .-. I forget something with the number format again with the updater. Iam sorry guys but please try to update to the 3.0.p via the osu!player installer
or use the direct download link and replace it with your current installation. I already fixed the updater and if you have the 3.0.p patch you also have then the fixed updater.

Iam sorry again for this mess.
Ualiado
help me?
Topic Starter
Founntain

Ualiado wrote:

help me?

Can you post your errorlog.txt if possible. If it is empty, can you tell me what you did, to get this error?

3.1.p released

No new features today, but many bug fixes and GUI tweaks. For further information read the patchnotes.

Updater broken again and hopefully fixed now

Also i noticed that the updater is still broke, so you need again to download the newest version via the direct link. Slowly getting tired of this updater. If you download it via the direct link you should then have the new updater again.
show more