osu!player plus | An osu! music-player with some extra features

posted
Total Posts
131
show more
XinCrin
Great way to improve your programming skills and music. Let me try it
Topic Starter
- Founntain -
Well some time past since the last post, so here is an update for you people out there.
The update contains the new version of the osu!player.
The Update comes with the osu!miniplayer. Because i like the the miniplayer more its now the default player for this project, that means the old GUI is not anymore there.
Sadly the project is not anymore a single file, because i used some API's and Libaries.

Screenshot:


XinCrin wrote:

Great way to improve your programming skills and music. Let me try it
Thank you c: I really appreciate it, i hope you enjoy using it c: Also sorry for my late response.
The download will be in the startpost. (Also the full changelog)
Blankz_
Loving it.
tbh I've been using the osu laser client as a song player but this is so much more lightweight... ill probably end up using this :D.
Looks amazing :)




edit: have this on my second monitor.... always on top support pls?
Surono
<333
Jam
Liking it so far,
I was just wondering if you had a GitHub for this project, just interested.

Bugs or Features to possibly implement (these are super picky and most of which you probably know of):
- Favourites appear to consistently crash the program when double clicking the song.
- Search is case sensitive. (which is a slight pain)
- The search could be potentially formatted better if the path to the file is known.
- If it is playing on shuffle and you go back a song it will not be the same song that was previously playing on shuffle which is kinda expected on most music players.
- When dragging the program it is extremely large in comparison to the actual size of the program.
- Possibly make the big osu!player logo draggable as there is not much space to drag the program around right now and my first instinct was to drag that part.
- Save the previous song played when the program is closed and resume when opening again.
- Save the volume setting when the program is closed.
- Save the favorites when closing the program.

From this post, I sound pretty pessimistic but overall the program is quick to parse through all the songs in the osu songs folder, and it is also small and therefore extremely convenient to have open in comparison to osu

edit: Grammar
Topic Starter
- Founntain -

Jam wrote:

Liking it so far,
I was just wondering if you had a GitHub for this project, just interested. Not for now, because the code is a mess.

Bugs or Features to possibly implement (these are super picky and most of which you probably know of):
- Favourites appear to consistently crash the program when double clicking the song.Yeah i know. But should be fixed in the future version. (I hope)
- Search is case sensitive. (which is a slight pain) Yup. I know i hate it too. But i will look into it
- The search could be potentially formatted better if the path to the file is known.
- If it is playing on shuffle and you go back a song it will not be the same song that was previously playing on shuffle which is kinda expected on most music players. Sure. Comes in the new Version
- When dragging the program it is extremely large in comparison to the actual size of the program.That is because of the window boundingbox the space down there is the space where the search is when it is visible.
- Possibly make the big osu!player logo draggable as there is not much space to drag the program around right now and my first instinct was to drag that part. Sure. Comes in the new Version
- Save the previous song played when the program is closed and resume when opening again. It was available in older version, but i can make a option in the settings again
- Save the volume setting when the program is closed. It does. But if it crashes it won't save obviously.
- Save the favorites when closing the program. Comes back in the new version when i upload it

From this post, I sound pretty pessimistic but overall the program is quick to parse through all the songs in the osu songs folder, and it is also small and therefore extremely convenient to have open in comparison to osu Well that was my main point. I just want to use my RAM or CPU for different stuff and so thats why i coded it.

edit: Grammar
Topic Starter
- Founntain -

Blankz_ wrote:

Loving it.
tbh I've been using the osu laser client as a song player but this is so much more lightweight... ill probably end up using this :D.
Looks amazing :)




edit: have this on my second monitor.... always on top support pls?
Thank you c:

What do you mean with always on top?


Version 1.5p released. Read the start post for patchnotes and new download link.
Jam
Thanks for updating the program, loving it, glad you kept the option to turn some of the features off just in case! I hope you continue to update this and improve on it, really good idea, well executed and I will be looking out for future updates. Nice job 👍
Topic Starter
- Founntain -

Jam wrote:

Thanks for updating the program, loving it, glad you kept the option to turn some of the features off just in case! I hope you continue to update this and improve on it, really good idea, well executed and I will be looking out for future updates. Nice job 👍
Thank you very much for your respone Jam. I will keep working on it because it's one of my projects, in that i'am most interested. I hope you enjoy using it and hope you like that way it is. If you have suggestions again, i would really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Topic Starter
- Founntain -
osu!player 1.8.p is out now it comes with some bugfixes and some new features. Also i released the osu!player installer.
A small installer that installs the osu!player for you. Also you can use it to download all additional languages that are available.
If you have feedback for me, i would realy appreciate it.

IMPORTANT
If you have trouble updating from 1.7.p to 1.8.p via the Build in Updater, then download the update via the osu!player installer and choose as install dir your current osu!player path. The build in updater had some bugs and crashed everytime while updating. A new version of the build in updater is included in 1.8.p
-REV-
This actually a really cool concept and an answer to one of my prayers i hope its light weight too like spotify so i can use when i play my other games like Overwatch.
Topic Starter
- Founntain -

RevPlays wrote:

This actually a really cool concept and an answer to one of my prayers i hope its light weight too like spotify so i can use when i play my other games like Overwatch.
Thank you. Glad you like it. Yeah its pretty light weight. It use (ony my computer with 2700~ songs) 90MB RAM and less then 1% of CPU c:
And also i use it when i play overwatch too and i don't have any problems while playing c:
Blankz_
What i mean by "always on top" is OSU!Player always showing up above other windows. I mostly use it on my second monitor in the bottom right corner and it would be nice for it to not be covered up when i click on discord (in case i wanna add a song to favorites or something).

Loving the program and glad you've been updating it. I see to many programs fall by the wayside an/or having their thread being buried in the Dev forum.
JSMKami
Wow, It's so cool, good job dude, If you need help with some translation to spanish I would like to help you ^^
Topic Starter
- Founntain -
Again an update. 2.1.p is now released and brings mostly bug fixes and some UI polish.
For more information read the patchnotes please.
Topic Starter
- Founntain -

Blankz_ wrote:

What i mean by "always on top" is OSU!Player always showing up above other windows. I mostly use it on my second monitor in the bottom right corner and it would be nice for it to not be covered up when i click on discord (in case i wanna add a song to favorites or something).

Loving the program and glad you've been updating it. I see to many programs fall by the wayside an/or having their thread being buried in the Dev forum.
Sure i can make an option in the settings for it. It will come in the next version. (I didnt saw the page 2 in this thread, otherwise it would be now in 2.1.p) Also thank you for your feedback and glad you like it c:

JSMKami wrote:

Wow, It's so cool, good job dude, If you need help with some translation to spanish I would like to help you ^^
Sure just upload a textfile or post it here in a spoilerbox (I prefer the textfile). If i got it, I will notify you if the new language file is in the complete language pack.
Glad you like the player.
Blankz_

- Founntain - wrote:

Blankz_ wrote:

What i mean by "always on top" is OSU!Player always showing up above other windows. I mostly use it on my second monitor in the bottom right corner and it would be nice for it to not be covered up when i click on discord (in case i wanna add a song to favorites or something).

Loving the program and glad you've been updating it. I see to many programs fall by the wayside an/or having their thread being buried in the Dev forum.
Sure i can make an option in the settings for it. It will come in the next version. (I didnt saw the page 2 in this thread, otherwise it would be now in 2.1.p) Also thank you for your feedback and glad you like it c:
Thanks man can't wait.
Also ive been using the new site for threads and it seems a lot smoother. there's no real pages. it just scrolls.
Here is a direct link to your thread in the new site or you can just go to the forum post and click "preview this page in the new forum design"
painfulbunny
Absolutely amazing! I've only been using it for 10mins since this post and I love it already.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but when I search for a song under "Search" and double click the song, the osu!player doesn't respond and closes. Would be awesome if this could be fixed!

Once again, amazing either way.
Topic Starter
- Founntain -

Blankz_ wrote:

Thanks man can't wait.
Also ive been using the new site for threads and it seems a lot smoother. there's no real pages. it just scrolls.
Here is a direct link to your thread in the new site or you can just go to the forum post and click "preview this page in the new forum design"
Yeah i know, i mostly use the new site, when i use my phone. But on my pc i use the old site because i still like the editor much more.



painfulbunny wrote:

Absolutely amazing! I've only been using it for 10mins since this post and I love it already.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but when I search for a song under "Search" and double click the song, the osu!player doesn't respond and closes. Would be awesome if this could be fixed!

Once again, amazing either way.
I will look into it. But need to ask something first. Does it crash e. g. OsuPlayer.exe is not responding or just *poof* closes? But i have some gueses, i will look into it.

Thank you two for the feedback. c:
Topic Starter
- Founntain -
osu!player 2.2.p now available containing some requested features and bug fixes. Full information always in the patchnotes.

Blankz_ wrote:

What i mean by "always on top" is OSU!Player always showing up above other windows. I mostly use it on my second monitor in the bottom right corner and it would be nice for it to not be covered up when i click on discord (in case i wanna add a song to favorites or something).
Now available

painfulbunny wrote:

Absolutely amazing! I've only been using it for 10mins since this post and I love it already.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but when I search for a song under "Search" and double click the song, the osu!player doesn't respond and closes. Would be awesome if this could be fixed!

Once again, amazing either way.
My gues was wrong and i still didn't found the issue. But for making fixing and finding much easier i created a log file that logs every error. So if nothing happens again or it crashes check the logfile. If the logfile is still empty. Then please try deleting the config of the player you find the config here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\OsuPlayer
Delete there all folders and check if the issue is still there. If so! Then try to make a video/gif of the process how you came to the error this will be also more helpfull.

Also a question to all of you
Do you like the colors of the osu!player? Cause I'm thinking about to recolor the GUI into the Settings colors? That means this purple and pink would be than dark gray and pink. Or should i just post a screenshot first?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply