forum

Dark theme for the new forum.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +34
Topic Starter
burakku
Ok, so, before I start explaining my suggestion, I want to ask, what does this mean:
"Do not request a toggle for a new feature.
peppy might come to your house with a baseball bat..." ?
Found it on this thread: t/454006
I know who Peppy is, he's Osu's developer, but does that toggle for a new feature also apply to the forum? Because my suggestion is related to the forum.

Moving on, I noticed that we have a new forum design with white background and black letters. But that's hard on the eyes.

I would suggest a dark theme with white letters. Computer screen emits light so we want a dark theme to absorb the needless colours. Like, in case you don't know, light contains colours. White isn't even a colour because it's all the colours together. Dark absorbs every colour.

As someone who uses computers ~14 hours a day, I see how big the difference is and a dark theme is more optimal.

Edit: Maybe make it available for Osu!supporters only? Just a thought, it might motivate people to support osu.
Edgar_Figaro
What they mean by that is

<Peppy adds new feature to game>
<Person dislikes feature>
<Person requests a toggle to disable said new feature>
Pawsu
I'm pretty sure this will be added at some point. Its fairly easy to add and I think community members have already done this? I'll have to look into it
Flanster
I'm already working on a dark version with Stylish. It's a browser extension which allows you to change any website's appearance locally. Style code is located here. It can be imported from Stylish's options page via Import button. I'll be actively updating the style with new things so you can use this for now :P

But ofcourse officially having a dark theme for the website would be great. If it happens its probably after the actual forum is completely done.
Nitrous
atleast peppy will hit you to death personally

I want this too since I casually browse using the new forums in the dark specially now the new site supports mobile devices.
peppy
We're planning on adding this. Not sure if it'll be a toggle or not, but it will be changing.
xtrem3x
Dark/Purple theme .. (?)
Topic Starter
burakku

xtrem3x wrote:

Dark/Purple theme .. (?)
Yeah well, I meant black because it's the darkest, but yeah sure, other dark colours are welcome as well.
Fl4ndre Scarlet
/support

I need that .flux is boring for me