forum

osu! CursorDance-off! | Cancelled

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug
Due to a complete lack of communication from the Judge and referee team (With the exception of Hal[Cyon], who actively tried his best to get us back up and running) This tournament has been cancelled...

Trying to host a tournament is very stressful work, when you hardly have 3 hours of free time a day, and is not made much better when your own staff team refuses to even take 3 seconds to alert you, “Hey, I can’t make any of these matches this week, cause I’m too busy!”

Let this be a lesson to all of you in following through on your work. You don’t have to be the best at your job, so long as you do it as best as you can.

SPOILER

Welcome!

This tournament will work in a very different format than most regular tournaments.

How this will work
You will go through matches as if it were a regular tournament, with Mappools at the start of the week, Best of 7 format.
Where It differs, is that Winning in MP! doesn't guarantee victory for the map, Instead, you will be judged by the Judges Spectating you via the Tournament Client.

These Judges will be judging you on a scale of 1-10. They will be looking for 2 things, Style and Accuracy.

Style: How Good you look during the map, How Smooth your cursor flows while dancing, and how flashy it looks.

Accuracy: The name says it all, how well you aim Hit Objects while dancing the way you are.

[box=Match Procedures]Once your match is ready, you will be invited to the room by the referee, this referee will be in contact with your judges, so they can relay your scores.
Like Most tournaments, you will have 1 map each, that you can pick, outside of the Mappool to designate as a warmup map. Do note that the judges may choose to rate you on them, although these scores do not count.

Once both warmups have been picked, both players will be granted one ban, each.

During the match, Win condition will be set to accuracy, but remember, winning in MP does not mean you win for the judges.

Once the judges submit the scores out of 20/30 for the map, The winner for the round will be decided, based on the higher score.

Rules
All Players must be in the discord server to participate
There will always be 2 judges rating each match, Later matches will have 3
Tournament is Double Elimination format
There are no rank limits
The referee has final say over debates, if you lose a round, you lose a round, that's it.
Matches will be scheduled every Monday, and can be rescheduled by Friday at the latest.
Match times will be in UTC format, but will also be converted to your local time, should you provide it

Registrations: Closed! Please wait 1 week for finalization before tournament starts!

If you wish to apply for staff, Send me a forum PM or DM me on Discord @TheBronyGames#2409

Staff
Forever_
Lemme be ref and judge, never tried judge but a lot in referee
megumic
nice idea, but the couldnt the judgings be biased? like giving a bad score just because of the person playing. interesting tourney idea though !
Topic Starter
WriggleNightbug

youi wrote:

nice idea, but the couldnt the judgings be biased? like giving a bad score just because of the person playing. interesting tourney idea though !
We will try to avoid bias from judges as much as possible, if me or any of the players feel a judge is being biased, then I will personally look into it, should they turn out to be unable to remain unbiased, they will be replaced
ethan -
Can I be a mappool selector?
lovetap
-Mirai--
i'm the guy from discordddddddddd xD
mmatt
I can try and stream.