forum

[All roles sent] MAFIA: SEASON FINALE [Please Confirm]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mashley
Okay I died in one other game so now I can /in
Lybydose
Chat through QTs, mafia actions through the same QT (including "personal" abilities like roleblocking etc). Actions through PMs for anyone else.

Also none of this 48 hour night bullshit.
NoHitter

Lybydose wrote:

Chat through QTs, mafia actions through the same QT (including "personal" abilities like roleblocking etc). Actions through PMs for anyone else.

Same here.

Also, what do you mean about 48 hour nights :(
Lybydose

NoHItter wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

Same here.

Also, what do you mean about 48 hour nights :(
it's tooooooooooo long. I want to see what happens!

alternatively: 48 hours for first couple nights, then 24 later when there are less players (and thus less possible actions that the mafia need to debate over amongst themselves)
Rantai
48 hours is a fair amount of time to wait. We are all impatient little... :P
Chris_old

Lybydose wrote:

agreed

it never takes me 2 days to send in night pms
NoHitter
Yeah but from my experience, Mafia take longer to decide.
Mashley
Assuming they have daychat QTs, they should be discussing it during the day anyway.
Two_old
on one hand, 24 hours might not be enough time for some people

on the other, 48 hour nights can kill interest/discussion

I like 24 obviously but I think wojjan got burned by 24 in my game
Topic Starter
Wojjan
I'm going for 48-hour nights, because from my mafia experience you have a lot to discuss as mafs, especially on the first night. After 24 hours, I'll send out PMs to whoever hasn't sent in their action yet to let them know. If you want the night to end faster, then send in your PM sooner, so we definitely don't have to wait for you especially. Sorry, but being a townie means having to not do stuff at night.

Alongside a QT for discussion from masons/mafia/cult/whatever, I've decided to give everyone a separate quicktopic for their own use (posting theories, asking about night action specifics, listing suspicious behavior for posterity) so if you've got nothing to do overnight you can always reread the thread and overanalyse the living shit out of the other players.

The spread for night actions seems to be quite even between QT and PM, so I'm not going to differentiate either way. You can pick the medium you're most comfortable with, and I'll dutifully check both every night to receive actions. YAY EVERYONE WINS!
Two_old
commie
LadySuburu
36 hour nights ftw.
Salvage
so if everyone sends they're night actions the night ends? cause it's not like that in every game and i think it should.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Actually, it's SUPPOSED to end when everyone sends in their night actions. But not every mod pops up right when the last action gets sent in.
Two_old
??? it's not normal to end night prematurely

you can confirm people as mafia/town that way
Salvage
well then not end it just when someone sends it, but shorten it for a lot if everyone sent their actiosn early.
Two_old
um the point is knowing that everyone sent in their actions

whether that makes night end immediately or faster is irrelevant
Salvage
i dont get your point, u shorten the night from 48 hours to let's say 15 for example if everyone sent them on 10 hours or so .. also a rule for preventing giving info on if u sent your action or not could work too idk, it's jusit that waiting 48 hours for a night it's zzz.
Two_old
ok I'm going to make a really obvious example

5 players alive

night ends prematurely

2 players haven't logged on osu in the past 48 hours

those 2 players are confirmed town
Two_old
that's also why actions should be required to be sent in through pms
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Actually, that's confirming nothing. They could be VT or MG.

Townies and goons do nothing. Of course, if they were the last two mafia, that's different.

Also, this could be a role madness game, meaning that pretty much NO ONE is gonna be confirmed town.
Salvage
and that's an extreme case that i highly doubt it'll happen here.

but yeah idk.
LadySuburu

Two wrote:

??? it's not normal to end night prematurely

you can confirm people as mafia/town that way
Step 1: Allow people to queue actions (say have mafia send in kill with "don't execute until X time") [Example: Deadline.] This is also doable just by the mafia not sending in their action until right before deadline.

Optional Step 2: Allow people to send in actions for that night during the day.

Done, no more problems.

Then any confirming of mafia or town is entirely the fault of those who sent in actions.

These rules are secretly always in effect in my games but I don't really announce them just because I'm too lazy to add them to my rule list.

Unneccisarilly long nights are pointless and annoying. (To me.)
Salvage
and it could be also a strategic, i remember on Werewolf game when i told LS to send my kill action whenever Ivalset logged in the day before, i think i ended not doing it but it was an idea.
LadySuburu

Salvage wrote:

and it could be also a strategic, i remember on Werewolf game when i told LS to send my kill action whenever Ivalset logged in the day before, i think i ended not doing it but it was an idea.
Deadlines like that aren't allowed in my game anyway, since it requires me to do work.

Though, another host could if they wanted. I don't reccomend it.
Salvage
well shorten the night lenght on cases like when everyone sends they're night actions early .. assuming the mafia cna daytalk usually the actions are already decided on d3 or more, even maybe on d2 ..

it's not like im gonna die waiting 48 hours, but i think that's sometimes useless.
Ivalset

Salvage wrote:

The scummiest man alive, ladies and gentlemen

Also, I'm always logged on anyway, so that never would have worked
Salvage
what? u ended saying the other day "the day ended and salvage just logged in" .. and that was easy to manipulate against you so yeah.

^__^.

edit: and i meant, the moment Ivalset posts something, but i realized it wouldn't work so that's why i didnt' do it and that leads to the above thing i just said .. was easier that way.

also i don't think this is even needed to be discused, just pointed that out as a situation regarding what two said.
KRZY
I apologize but what's a QT?
Luna
QT = Quicktopic
KRZY

Luna wrote:

QT = Quicktopic
Thank you, voted on "chat through QTs and actions through PMs"
Lybydose
QT = Cutie
Sleep Powder
/in
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Twenty-two people should be well enough. Processing roles, please hold.
Two_old
does processing mean creating or
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Writing role PMs.
EDIT: 11/22 roles done. These'll probably fly tomorrow evening.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Let's play the waiting game!
Topic Starter
Wojjan
you lost
Chris_old
when I get pm
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Unexpected delay. We should still be good for the 11th.
show more