posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
that when you finished a very hard map but it didn't show up on your profile =/

I already did a 5.4 star and got a C..

BUT IT DIDN'T GOT INTO MY FUCKING PROFILE
- Zuramaru -
It may have just not been in your top ranks because it's not worth any pp.
abraker
May I interest you in some mania? Unlike std, you don't have to worry about keeping combo. As a result, your efforts will be a better reflection of your skill.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
FUCK OSU I JUST DID ANOTHER 5.1* map and got B AND IT DIDN'T SHOW UP ON MY PROFILE AGAIN FUCK OSU'S DEVELOPERS FUCK THEM
7ambda

abraker wrote:

May I interest you in some mania? Unlike std, you don't have to worry about keeping combo. As a result, your efforts will be a better reflection of your skill.
Nah, you have to worry about acc then.
-Makishima S-
Go cry somewhere else
KupcaH
You're fucking retarded stop making these threads.

Go cry somewhere else.
Mio Winter
I think these two posts are mean:

mean posts

KupcaH wrote:

You're fucking retarded stop making these threads.

Go cry somewhere else.

[Taiga] wrote:

Go cry somewhere else

I think it's fine to voice the opinion that Szkiller's post was unfit for the forum, but I don't think it's OK to be mean. I wish there were a way to report the posts to make a mod delete them. Being mean makes people feel bad, so I don't want people to be mean. : (

And while we're on the topic, I think Szkiller's thread was fine, and I don't see why people should stop making threads like these. It's similar to Deva's thread here, and KupcaH didn't voice disagreement with that post.
KupcaH
If HK was going to make posts like these every three days, then I would be *Mean* to him. But I don't think he would do that anyway.

Mio Winter wrote:

And while we're on the topic, I think Szkiller's thread was fine, and I don't see why people should stop making threads like these. It's similar to Deva's thread here
Fine? Seriously? You find this thread FINE?
Also, no, it's not similar to HK's thread. You can create thread from time to time showing what you've achieved. But not making a stupid thread like this every week.

szkiller wrote:

FUCK OSU'S DEVELOPERS FUCK THEM
Completely fine!
N0thingSpecial

KupcaH wrote:

But not making a stupid thread like this every week day.
Mio Winter It’s not about us being a dickhead to this kid, it’s about what the kid even wants? Cause with this much effortless questions, I doubt his intentions was to start a discussion or get help, this kid just wants to vent his frustration and get attention, which he’s getting lot of congratulations to him.

Intentions drives action.

Deva in the post you linked has clear intentions, to be a stupid meme, thus he gets what he wants, meme answers, and he’s fully aware of that and doesn’t get angry if I ever reply with you’re a stupid degenerate that should be gunned down in a dark alley, cause A) he knows I'm not being serious under the context of the thread B) he's self aware enough to know I'm right MEGALUL GET FUKED HK_
Ideal
git gud
Mio Winter

N0thingSpecial wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

But not making a stupid thread like this every week day.
Mio Winter It’s not about us being a dickhead to this kid, it’s about what the kid even wants? Cause with this much effortless questions, I doubt his intentions was to start a discussion or get help, this kid just wants to vent his frustration and get attention, which he’s getting lot of congratulations to him.

Intentions drives action.

Deva in the post you linked has clear intentions, to be a stupid meme, thus he gets what he wants, meme answers, and he’s fully aware of that and doesn’t get angry if I ever reply with you’re a stupid degenerate that should be gunned down in a dark alley, cause A) he knows I'm not being serious under the context of the thread B) he's self aware enough to know I'm right MEGALUL GET FUKED HK_
szkiller is trying to vent frustration, and I think posts like that are fine. (But if the forum got filled up with them, I would encourage people to do it less.)

And while responding "gay" to Deva's thread isn't exactly a Top Quality Post, people generally understand that it's not meant to be taken seriously. I don't mind that those kinds of social interactions. But responding "you're fucking retarded stop making these threads" to szkiller's thread is not obviously non-serious. I think it comes off as seriously hostile (and probably was hostile). Those are the kinds of social interactions I don't like, so I tell people "Hey! I don't like those kinds of social interactions. Please stop that!"
Solarys
Do plays below 90 acc even GIVE you pp?

Genuine question.
N0thingSpecial

ShinyChu wrote:

Genuine question.
maybe
Kondou-Shinichi

ShinyChu wrote:

Genuine question.
see my top plays
-Makishima S-

Mio Winter wrote:

szkiller is trying to vent frustration, and I think posts like that are fine. (But if the forum got filled up with them, I would encourage people to do it less.)

And while responding "gay" to Deva's thread isn't exactly a Top Quality Post, people generally understand that it's not meant to be taken seriously. I don't mind that those kinds of social interactions. But responding "you're fucking retarded stop making these threads" to szkiller's thread is not obviously non-serious. I think it comes off as seriously hostile (and probably was hostile). Those are the kinds of social interactions I don't like, so I tell people "Hey! I don't like those kinds of social interactions. Please stop that!"
Want to vent frustration? There is appropriate subforum to do so, it is called "Off-Topic" where nobody cares what you write and nobody cares what you think.
autoteleology

[Taiga] wrote:

Mio Winter wrote:

Want to vent frustration? There is appropriate subforum to do so, it is called "Off-Topic" where nobody cares what you write and nobody cares what you think.
p/6311204

Spoken like someone with experience. Though, you don't really practice what you preach. If you had the sense and/or dignity to keep all your drama there instead of taking it out on us all the time, I would feel bad for you.
-Makishima S-

Emersyne wrote:

p/6311204

Spoken like someone with experience. Though, you don't really practice what you preach. If you had the sense and/or dignity to keep all your drama there instead of taking it out on us all the time, I would feel bad for you.
It is sad that you don't even know the reason of this lock and how it got resolved. Before you post something, make a research, in OT, many things happen in discord which are not seen in forum actions.

Fail.
Ideal

ShinyChu wrote:

Genuine question.
yeah, they do.

3 links btw
autoteleology

[Taiga] wrote:

Emersyne wrote:

p/6311204

It is sad that you don't even know the reason of this lock and how it got resolved. Before you post something, make a research, in OT, many things happen in discord which are not seen in forum actions.

Fail.
Yeah, it's definitely the lock I'm talking about, and not the incredibly pathetic yet insightful content.

To think I felt empathy for you for a second. What was I thinking?
-Makishima S-

Emersyne wrote:

Yeah, it's definitely the lock I'm talking about, and not the incredibly pathetic yet insightful content.

> offtopic
> true quality content

choice one, both cannot exist together there, you picked wrong target, again - fail, try harder if you really want to pinpoint me to the wall and put into discussion defense.
worst fl player

Idealism wrote:

ShinyChu wrote:

Genuine question.
yeah, they do.

3 links btw
Celine
No
You ARE annoying
Fxjlk

Mio Winter wrote:

I have a similar view to you and I think its good to be as nice to others as you can. However there are situations where being nice has little utility (like this one).

If someone is doing something you don't like and you have no rapport (and don't desire to build it) then being mean generally has a higher short term effect on influencing behavior. That being said, wanting to influence the behavior to the point of aggression might be a problem and it often just creates a situation where neither party listens to the other.

Also, always being nice can be a sign of weakness or inauthenticity.
N0thingSpecial

Emersyne wrote:

Wow there edge master no bully.
Edgar_Figaro
The PP system cares less about "Passes" & More about "Good Plays"

Regardless of the gamemode, "surviving" a map isn't going to be what gives PP. Think of PP as a measurement of "This is the level of Map I can play well"

Also PP is a combination of Combo, ACC, & # of Misses going against the raw value of the map. While a 5.4* map may have a higher raw value than the 3* maps that are your top plays...Missing a bunch and getting low ACC makes it end up being worth less.

TLDR: If you want PP you must play well on maps, not just passing them
Thirty30
play more -> get better acc -> get pp
autoteleology

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

Mio Winter wrote:

I have a similar view to you and I think its good to be as nice to others as you can. However there are situations where being nice has little utility (like this one).

If someone is doing something you don't like and you have no rapport (and don't desire to build it) then being mean generally has a higher short term effect on influencing behavior. That being said, wanting to influence the behavior to the point of aggression might be a problem and it often just creates a situation where neither party listens to the other.

Also, always being nice can be a sign of weakness or inauthenticity.
It's not about being nice. It's about being civil. 4chan should not be a model for Gameplay and Rankings. I personally would like to post in an environment where I am not liable to be harassed at the drop of a hat, and I'd like other people to experience a semi-welcoming environment, too. I like forums that are not free-for-all whirlwinds of trash and abuse.
Fxjlk

Emersyne wrote:

It's not about being nice. It's about being civil. 4chan should not be a model for Gameplay and Rankings. I personally would like to post in an environment where I am not liable to be harassed at the drop of a hat, and I'd like other people to experience a semi-welcoming environment, too. I like forums that are not free-for-all whirlwinds of trash and abuse.
Fair enough