forum

some advices for streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alex3i2
Problem Details:
Hello Osu! Community. I need some advices for streaming. I can't stream well at all , i barely can stream 160 bpm . I know i should play more but i do . Everyday i play only streams 4 hours / day. I have like 1 year when i started to train streams , but still nothing . I wonder if is normal , in 1 year of training streams , i didn't improved at all .
I am around 5k rank , i play a lot of HR so my acc is fine , as long is not a stream map.
So any advices except play more? Maybe my hand position is bad? Or maybe i play wrong stream maps? I can add a video with my hand position when i stream if this will help.
Any advice will be helpful , so please no hate / jokes .

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731cuttingedge
Sandy Hoey
This forum is for technical issues and bugs. this is better meant for the G&R forum. Although there are already hundreds of threads about streaming that you can take a look at
Death
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
abraker

Alex3i2 wrote:

so please no hate / jokes .
can. not. resist. must joke reply to. an often posted topic
Mio Winter

Alex3i2 wrote:

Problem Details:
Hello Osu! Community. I need some advices for streaming. I can't stream well at all , i barely can stream 160 bpm . I know i should play more but i do . Everyday i play only streams 4 hours / day. I have like 1 year when i started to train streams , but still nothing . I wonder if is normal , in 1 year of training streams , i didn't improved at all .
I am around 5k rank , i play a lot of HR so my acc is fine , as long is not a stream map.
So any advices except play more? Maybe my hand position is bad? Or maybe i play wrong stream maps? I can add a video with my hand position when i stream if this will help.

I think you forgot to link to the video/screenshot. Would be helpfwl to see a video of the best streaming you can do, in order to know whether you are unusually bad compared to how much time you've spent practicing.

Also, if you seriously spent 4 hours a day practicing streams for a year, and you still don't have the strength to stream 160 bpm, I would without hesitation diagnose you with chronically weak fingers. But you probably exaggerate.

Do you mean you can stream higher than 160 bpm, but you're unable to stream 160 bpm?
Topic Starter
Alex3i2

Mio Winter wrote:

Alex3i2 wrote:

Problem Details:

I think you forgot to link to the video/screenshot. Would be helpfwl to see a video of the best streaming you can do, in order to know whether you are unusually bad compared to how much time you've spent practicing.

Also, if you seriously spent 4 hours a day practicing streams for a year, and you still don't have the strength to stream 160 bpm, I would without hesitation diagnose you with chronically weak fingers. But you probably exaggerate.

Do you mean you can stream higher than 160 bpm, but you're unable to stream 160 bpm?
I don't exaggerate , that's the truth . I am unable to stream 160 bpm + .
Here's the video
Mio Winter

Alex3i2 wrote:

I don't exaggerate , that's the truth . I am unable to stream 160 bpm + .
Here's the video
The video is unavailable. D: Did you post the right link? Upload it as public?
Topic Starter
Alex3i2
Mio Winter

Alex3i2 wrote:

yeah . i give you the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJDlmmulylg
Hm, it does seem quite unusual to stream that slow given the number of hours you've played and how good you are at osu! in general. I don't have a very large sample size to compare against, however, so I could be wrong.

Try to stream 100 notes as fast as you can here: http://arctic5.github.io/osuStreamSpeed.js/

Then practice streams until your fingers are completely out of stamina one day, and then do the same the next day. If you're streaming speed on that website hasn't increased at least a little by then, I don't know what else to do.

Here's what I got:

Tap Speed: 100 taps / 7.312 seconds.
Stream Speed: 205.14 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 206.06296.
Topic Starter
Alex3i2
My best is 157 .. well i guess im too old for this game. Thanks for help
PinkNightmares
What kind of stream maps do you play? Do you actually try to push your limits? Also that hand position looks terrible.
Topic Starter
Alex3i2

B1oody wrote:

What kind of stream maps do you play? Do you actually try to push your limits? Also that hand position looks terrible.
All kind of stream maps , around 170 bpm . I try to push my limits , but i can't go into 180 bpm maps if i can't stream properly 170 .
About hand position , you can suggest me a better one , i will try for sure
thanks
Genjuro
play 100 bpm stream map and work your way from there : )
Akanagi

Alex3i2 wrote:

My best is 157 .. well i guess im too old for this game. Thanks for help

You're one year younger than me, so I really doubt that this is the case.
It might be either a mindblock or an actual health-related issue.

Are you able to play bursts and stacks? How fast can you singletap? I would find it weird if you could singletap really high BPM but for some reason wouldn't be able to stream 160 BPM.
In the video it looks like your fingers get sluggish when trying to stream, so it might be really just reading / mindblock-related. I had a very similar issue when it came to streams and repeated triples. Eventually my fingers would cramp and lock up and I had no idea why.

It took a long time, but I managed to fix it by playing a lot of tapping-intensive maps (not just streams). I was also mindblocking myself when I saw several triples coming up or noticed that I'm playing a longer stream and suddenly my fingers would act the same way yours did.
This also happened whenever there were sections with singletaps that lead into 1/8 notes afterwards with just a 1/8 time-spacing between them (Emotional skyscraper for example) and my fingers would also just lock up and sometimes start mashing.

Maybe you just have outrageously bad finger control.

If people don't get what I mean, try to play the beginning of "Barusa Mikosu" and I guarantee it will happen to you, too.
Topic Starter
Alex3i2
I guess so . About single taps i can do 240 bpm max or even250 but i need to mash. It is weird i can single tap 240 with both fingers but when i stream i have bad speed. With right hand i can stream 220 bpm very well. Maybe i should start to do exercises for muscles ? Also as you said multiple triples in a row any bpm makes my finger lock.
Mio Winter

Alex3i2 wrote:

I guess so . About single taps i can do 240 bpm max or even250 but i need to mash. It is weird i can single tap 240 with both fingers but when i stream i have bad speed. With right hand i can stream 220 bpm very well. Maybe i should start to do exercises for muscles ? Also as you said multiple triples in a row any bpm makes my finger lock.
You can singletap 250 but you're still not able to stream 160?! I'm not a singletapper, but I know 250 is fast, and I assume it's hard to singletap...

You could be singletapping with your wrist/forearm muscles, and then still have too weak finger muscles to stream. To figure out whether it is an issue with your muscles, your finger control or your reading: do you get tired really quickly when streaming?

Also, here's a map I play a lot to get used to full-alternating, but it can be used for stamina training for players with lower stamina. If you can't survive long enough on a stream map in order to train stamina, a map with only triples lets you survive long enough to push your stamina to the limit.

Also, about your hand position: most streamers I've seen pull their fingers back properly after tapping a key. They hover their fingers above the keys before hammering in and then retracting.
Celine
that hand position looks terrible.
this
7ambda

BWSnoob wrote:

that hand position looks terrible.
this
It is when you bend the pinky and ring finger inward into that position.