forum

I'm having difficulty with my aim first time in 10 months

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rill 0
Pokki
Pen grip most likely. Move your hand further up your pen, it allows you to move your pen further with less effort.
Topic Starter
Rill 0
abraker

Suprawn wrote:

I was using small area till yesterday(about 3000 horizontaly)
I use about 8253.453 vertically

Suprawn wrote:

And now my tablet area is 8400x4725(16:9)
Do they make 8k tablets too?

Suprawn wrote:

But I got one problem, I'm suffering with aimming 'bottom right side' of the screen(the closest side of my wrist, to be exact.)
Well here is the problem, you are aiming at the screen, not the tablet

Suprawn wrote:

I'm right handed btw.
owh, I'm left handed. Nice to meet you!

Suprawn wrote:

When I try to aim to bottom right side of the tablet, I have to bend my wrist too much and It's kinda painful, and sometimes I can't even reach to the circle I want.
I am no expert, but maybe you shouldn't bend your wrist too much. Some circles can be reached. It's life.

Suprawn wrote:

So I have to move my whole arm to aim, but that makes my wrist moving(I don't mean my wrist is flicking, just my hand flies all over the tablet) and my aim will get unstable
This gave me the mental image of an airplane propeller spinning apart. I thought you needed to know that.

Suprawn wrote:

is it necessary to move my whole arm to aim with big tablet area?
I mean, if you want to, but you can make things easier an move whole arm less with smaller tablet area

Suprawn wrote:

I Mean,
I saw many pro players using large tablet area, but it seemed that they were having no problem at all with aimming on right bottom side, and thier wrist was always locked up on same location.
I think you tablet is rigged. My 2 and a quarter 3 cents.

Suprawn wrote:

Whats the difference between pros and me?
They played more than 10 months

Suprawn wrote:

what am I doing wrong?
Asking all of this

Suprawn wrote:

Maybe my pen grip?
Don't know. I am a mania player

Suprawn wrote:

placing of my wrist?
Nah placing should be fine. It's like you said, you swing too much

Suprawn wrote:

Please help, I don't want my tablet area getting smaller
Oh why not?

Suprawn wrote:

Btw my tablet is bit tilted clockwise (about 20 degrees)can this be a reason of the problem I'm having now?
You mean you haven't tried testing your hypothesis prior to this post to rule this out? People have brains. I am not sure what you are.
Topic Starter
Rill 0
Akanagi
You didn't specify what tablet you're using, but I had the same problem when I still played tablet (CTH-480 full area / full screen 1920x1080)

And yes, it has to do with increasing the area, since with a small area you obviously don't have to tilt your hand / wrist as much to reach the edges of your area like you have to with a big area / tablet.
It wasn't painful, but definitely awkward to play stuff that is in the very bottom right corner.

You could try moving your area up to the top left of the tablet so the bottom edges are a bit closer to your hands position so you have don't have to tilt your hand as much. That way you might not even need to change the area, since you're just moving it, preserving your muscle memory.

Otherwise, yes you probably will have to get used to moving your arm a little bit. The position of the wrist should stay the same actually when you're moving your arm to aim there. (You won't have to contract or extend it)

When you say you turned your tablet clockwise, I suppose it is now more of a diamond shape instead of a rectanle, and depending on what exactly your tablet and area and position of your arm is while playing it could definitely hinder your ability to hit bottom right.
Obviously, since now your bottom right of the tablet is now the very very bottom corner of your tablet. I imagine you have to contract your wrist a lot to actually reach it.

If that's the case, either try to move your area more to the top left without making it smaller if that is possible. A lot of pro players actually use an area like that IIRC. I'd advise this over anything else tbh, especially with bigger ones like the CTH-480, probably because of the same issue you're describing right now, but I think you turning your tablet clockwise made it even worse.
Or, turn your tablet counter-clockwise to it's original position so the bottom right isn't the most southern point of your tablet anymore.
Topic Starter
Rill 0
N0thingSpecial
Abraker is a long time shit poster and he's more knowledgeable than he leads you to think he is, amirite abraker?