forum

[duplicate] No fail mode - Full score if map completed with no death

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +84
Topic Starter
Le Fouet
Hey peeps and devs ! In my opinion "No fail" mode is good for practicing hard maps that you usually have a hard time to pass. However, many times i happened to complete a map in which i would not have died regardless of the use of No fail. In this case why would you not get the full score if you completed the map without your life bar ever getting under 0 ? Please share your opinions about why you think it's a good/bad idea :)
Sandy Hoey
Duplicate: t/14112&start=0
GrilledCheeese
This would make it a must-have to always put No Fail on, because there's no downside to using it. Might as well add this as a complete feature in multiplayer where, if you fail, your score is halved, but you get to continue playing (like you already can in multiplayer) and at the end able to submit your score for ranking because of it. This however might make it confusing for new players wondering why their score is suddenly halved, so it should be made clear on the scorescreen as well.
LunaBintu
As grilledcheese states above, there would be no downside to using nofail if this was implemented. Any feature like this needs a strong reason not to use it as well, otherwise the mod would be unbalanced. In short, this would not be a very good feature because it would be unbalanced.
Linck5
It would be better if once you failed, you could continue to play the map but you get zero points. The same way it is in multiplayer.

As a workaround while this feature is not implemented (probably never will be), I'm pretty sure you could create a room in multiplayer to play alone. That way you don't get kicked out of the gameplay if you fail.
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Linck5 wrote:

It would be better if once you failed, you could continue to play the map but you get zero points. The same way it is in multiplayer.
True. and that's actually one of the top reasons why i play multiplayer... because i can still continue playing though i already died once or many times...
If that feature will also be added in solo (without activating No Fail Mod) then that would be very awesome...

edit: thinking of this feature reminds me of another request adding failed replays... and placing F rank in the local scoreboard... just in case that feature was added.., replays that was played with deaths must also have the F rank in the local scoreboard...
Kondou-Shinichi
make that also full pp