forum

[Archived] Osu! crashing after Windows 10 Fall Creator's update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SupremeLoli
Problem Details:
after having osu open for about 10-15 minutes, it will freeze and the only way to resolve is to force close with task manager.
Updating GPU drivers did not resolve the issue, and osu is the only game post update having this issue.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
Please follow this guide to get your event viewer log and post it here.
Topic Starter
SupremeLoli

Death wrote:

Please follow this guide to get your event viewer log and post it here.

I did as you said, and i came up with no crashes for osu. I guess i should have specified that the screen freezes, but audio continues in the background.
Death
Hold shift while starting osu! until a configuration window pops up and select "repair osu!".
Upskirt
Make sure you're using the correct video drivers from the GPU manufacturer, the one that's compatible with the Fall update.

Oh yeah, to be safe... You should uninstall the driver using DDU in safe mode then install the latest. Since it's new software, you can't expect it to work flawlessly and if nothing works then just rollback the update.
Topic Starter
SupremeLoli
I just realized I've forgotten about this thread. in response to those that have posted since I last spoke, I am in fact running the latest drivers for all my hardware, and I have attempted to repair Osu. still doesn't seem to work, it's so strange. : /