!lluminati (16:9 SD/HD Beta) (osu!std)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
autoteleology

Download (3.7MB)

Currently [16:9] aspect ratio only.

Please provide detailed playability feedback.
Topic Starter
autoteleology
reserved
zeplic
ill try it out and edit this post w/ a sight read with using it for fun sometime later

https://streamable.com/lolic

I have trouble reading stacks when circles are like this, i guess if i could ask for anything itd be a shadow or overlay or something , but its apparent theres an attempt to separate them at this AR at least.

I like it despite not preferring the circles, and the falling pp is hilarious. also @2x being forced off bothered me, because i use lowresolution=1, would i be out of line to ask for non hd elements , i like my aliasing jaggy af
Shizuku-
Sexy hitcircles
h3oCharles
16-10 plz
Topic Starter
autoteleology

zeplic wrote:

ill try it out and edit this post w/ a sight read with using it for fun sometime later

https://streamable.com/lolic

I have trouble reading stacks when circles are like this, i guess if i could ask for anything itd be a shadow or overlay or something , but its apparent theres an attempt to separate them at this AR at least.

I like it despite not preferring the circles, and the falling pp is hilarious. also @2x being forced off bothered me, because i use lowresolution=1, would i be out of line to ask for non hd elements , i like my aliasing jaggy af
This skin is 100% SD skinned. I apparently just did so well anti-aliasing everything that you couldn't tell the difference. ;)
Topic Starter
autoteleology
So, it's come to my attention that the script that I use to export my HD graphics to SD resolution was bugged, and for some strange reason exported HD size graphics without the @2x suffix instead of properly resizing, so if you had issues using the skin in SD resolution, they have now been fixed. Sorry for the confusion!
_myr17
This is actually a pretty interesting skin, I'll definitely give it a try. Good job!
NewTPlayer
maybe add more hitcircles as extra
if you do it i will use this forever :lol:
and maybe add extra hit fail sounds? (i hate the rubber ducky sounds) :?
Topic Starter
autoteleology

NewTPlayer wrote:

maybe add more hitcircles as extra
Well, what kind of style do you want?

NewTPlayer wrote:

and maybe add extra hit fail sounds? (i hate the rubber ducky sounds) :?
It's not a rubber ducky, it's actually the Annoying Dog barking.

I will be uploading a large audio toolkit soon so that you can essentially make your own sound design out of a collection of a couple thousand samples.
Princewill
What is the font you used? It is very nice
overall the skin is very clear to read, and I like the hitsounds. Almost like tap dancing on fast maps.
Topic Starter
autoteleology

Madflipp wrote:

What is the font you used? It is very nice
The font is Exo 2 Semi Bold. Exo 2 is the font used for the interface (not the playfield) in osu!lazer.

It is quite a nice font, most of the Google fonts are great.

Madflipp wrote:

overall the skin is very clear to read, and I like the hitsounds. Almost like tap dancing on fast maps.
Thank you! One of my AFK friends made this comparison as well.
maid
i like it, i'll try it out later
Topic Starter
autoteleology

Nightlys wrote:

i like it, i'll try it out later
So, what did you think?
Humanity
very clean. i like it. i suggest to have the combo colors a bit more distinguishable from each other (not shades of purple, maybe green, blue, red. something like that). and also to have the hitcircles a little bit transparent to read stacks better. but overall, it looks very pro-like. :)

edit: added some stuff
Topic Starter
autoteleology

Humanity wrote:

very clean. i like it. i suggest to have the combo colors a bit more distinguishable from each other (not shades of purple, maybe green, blue, red. something like that). and also to have the hitcircles a little bit transparent to read stacks better. but overall, it looks very pro-like. :)

edit: added some stuff
Thanks for the feedback!

I can't make the hitcircles transparent due to the way number-type hitcircles stack, but I have a new tech for increasing contrast that involves black borders that I will release with the final version.

Here's a preview:

Alolan Raichu
This skin is actually making me kreygasm right now owo
Topic Starter
autoteleology

Alolan Raichu wrote:

This skin is actually making me kreygasm right now owo
zeplic
Sorry for the late reply, I had to move homes. But I got your message and gave the skin a round 2-

Not only is the skin way better, the stacks are perfect! I can easily tell the overlapping using this style of overlay compared to any other. It's clear you put a LOT of work into it. If i were to criticize anything, it'd maybe be the fact I had to change the color of the approach circle because i dont like white approach circles. But hey, that's just preference. - Not sure i like the follow points at all though.
Here's another sight read- It's a sick play too. - I thank your skin for this one !

Also Ignore the cursor trail i added. I'm autistic and need it.

https://streamable.com/a2q04

-Cheers - I've also added you to my friends list incase youd like to chat in game some time- I am quite curious about some of the things ive found in the skin lurking around. I'm very impressed despite not preferring the overlay style

feel free to pm me if you'd like more sight reads for skin updates or new skins etc, i feel its always a nice perspective to have while designing such a thing.
jelo0916
The type of skin i'm looking for.
It helped me in climbing the ranks.
Overall, I give it a "Very Nice" score!

Suggestion tho:
more options to choose. :D
show more