forum

Blinking.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toxi
Recently ive started playing Osu a lot more frequently, and ive noticed that im blinking WAY more than i used to. It happens at school too, so i dont know if staring at my monitor more is drying out my eyes or what. Eyedrops dont help though. And the blinks arent just normal blinks, its like my eyelids are slamming shut, similar to flinching. Does this mean i should chill out on circle clicking or is it just normal?
Executive
Same problem. I also use 1-day contact lenses so it’s pain to play osu! in the evenings/nights or when I’ve slept less than 5-6 hours. It makes me change lenses for 2-3 times per day. Mueeeh. And it’s only in osu!standart mode.

When I played osu!mania a lot it made my eyes bleed and the picture floated.
So, maybe it’s okay?
JAKACHAN
Take breaks and turn down your brightness. Maybe try not playing and not staring at a screen for extended periods of time for a few days and see if it goes away. If not it's a simple trip to the doctor to ensure it's nothing serious.
Freyjaya
Wear glasses. ( /^ω^)/
(It helps for me.)
keremaru
blinking is good when you're playing osu!, because sometimes you get focused enough on a beatmap where you don't even try, or want to, blink, and this makes your eyes dry up and then they hurt/burn. also, i think vinegar is a good eye-drop thingamajig. i don't know. edit: i also rarely blink on mania, so i might need to get glasses after a few years.
E m i
wow, the actual most important thing and what I unfortunately didn't notice, is the appearance of JAKACHAN in this thread.