forum

[resolved] Mapset loads forever/black textures/v. high CPU usage/more

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CraftedCart
Problem Details:
Playing any osu!standard map from the Reol - MONSTER beatmapset (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/661483 - I haven't tried Taiko) seems to kickstart all sorts of funky behavior with osu!
- osu! starts using an extraordinary amount of CPU time (The highest I saw was 1050%, out of 1200% for a 12 thread CPU)
- The framerate completely dies sometimes
- Most of the time, the Reol - MONSTER maps get stuck on the loading circle forever - if I can play it, sometimes other maps will be stuck loading forever also
- Sometimes maps refuse to load after playing Reol - MONSTER: "Beatmap could not be loaded successfully"
- Many textures turn black sometimes (6:20 in the video)
- Backgrounds sometimes won't load, or use the previously selected map's background
- Some skin textures go missing, and are replaced with the default osu! skin textures (The pause background, and skip button)
- Note that osu! works fine before trying to play Reol - MONSTER

- Yes I have tried deleting the beatmapset, and re-downloading and adding it

System:
- Linux kernel version: 4.13.8-1-ARCH
- Wine version: wine-2.19 (https://www.archlinux.org/packages/mult ... 6_64/wine/ - wine-mono: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/comm ... wine-mono/)
- osu! package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/osu/

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Upskirt
You could try disabling any power-saving features on your OS.

Does it happen with any other maps with a similar length and the exact same amount of difficulties or more? I suppose all you can do is avoid the cause since osu! doesn't have any official builds that are compatible with Linux. You could always dig around and see if someone is actively updating the game alongside the Stable branch.

Oh yeah, disable the post-processing effects and shaders.

Nothing can be done to fix the game because it's running on a modified build of the game and it's running in Wine. Unless you really want to search around for a later working build or just use Windows, dual booting isn't too difficult.
Venix
I had the same issue and it was problem with my hard drive, can you test your HDD with any diagnostic program?
Topic Starter
CraftedCart

Venzire wrote:

Does it happen with any other maps with a similar length and the exact same amount of difficulties or more? I suppose all you can do is avoid the cause since osu! doesn't have any official builds that are compatible with Linux. You could always dig around and see if someone is actively updating the game alongside the Stable branch.

Nothing can be done to fix the game because it's running on a modified build of the game and it's running in Wine. Unless you really want to search around for a later working build or just use Windows, dual booting isn't too difficult.
Nope, I don't have power saving features enabled, also disabling shaders doesn't help, nor compatibility mode, or the cutting edge release stream. This doesn't happen with similar maps either.

Venix wrote:

I had the same issue and it was problem with my hard drive, can you test your HDD with any diagnostic program?
My HDD passed a S.M.A.R.T. test.

-------------------------

In other news, I found what the issue was - removing the background image seemed to solve it (And then I replaced with a fixed version). I noticed how when viewing it in osu!/GIMP, it looks noticeably different than when viewing in my image viewer. Not entirely sure what's up with that, but hey it works now.
Upskirt

CraftedCart wrote:

Venzire wrote:

Nope, I don't have power saving features enabled, also disabling shaders doesn't help, nor compatibility mode, or the cutting edge release stream.

Venix wrote:

My HDD passed a S.M.A.R.T. test.

-------------------------

In other news, I found what the issue was - removing the background image seemed to solve it (And then I replaced with a fixed version). I noticed how when viewing it in osu!/GIMP, it looks noticeably different than when viewing in my image viewer. Not entirely sure what's up with that, but hey it works now.
Pictures look different in a photo viewer than they do on Photoshop because of the colour profile that's used.
Topic Starter
CraftedCart

Venzire wrote:

Pictures look different in a photo viewer than they do on Photoshop because of the colour profile that's used.
Well, that's what I thought, although GIMP never warned of a color profile (It usually does that), and exiftool says "Color Space : Uncalibrated"
Oh well
Dntm8kmeeatu
Interesting issue. Only thing I could think that happened is that the image file became corrupted and caused osu! to freak out and take a doo. That's all that makes sense in my head really.

Glad you fixed it though!