forum

Grip & Hand Pain

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
itzTenzy
So i play with tablet and my grip on my pen is pretty bad.
My hand starts hurting from playing only a little bit and i also have to readjust my grip multiple times during a play or just play with an awkward grip.
I've had this problem for a couple months now.
How to fix? :(
Velura
Maybe you put too much pressure on your pen? I had a similar problem in the beginning where I put too much strain on my thumb and subsequently it started to hurt. Maybe switch to a pen grip that is more comfortable that you can actually maintain? :o
Topic Starter
itzTenzy

Velura wrote:

Maybe you put too much pressure on your pen? I had a similar problem in the beginning where I put too much strain on my thumb and subsequently it started to hurt. Maybe switch to a pen grip that is more comfortable that you can actually maintain? :o
do you know any common grips i can try out?
Topic Starter
itzTenzy
also i play drag on a medium-small area
and the area that hurts is around my thenar and also my wrist a bit
Velura
Unfortunately I don't really know what you mean with medium-small area, but I guess it doesn't matter all that much, since you most likely don't have an issue because of your tablet area. The region you described was my exact problem area as well, and it literally resolved itself by applying less force through my thumb.

I hold my tablet pen like any normal pen

Maybe have a look at this thread over on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... n_pengrip/
Maybe this one as well ( though it might not be that informative ): t/95481

Anyways, I suggest you take it easy for the next couple of days while experimenting with pengrips, give your hand/wrist/tendons some rest before it might - worst case assumption - turn into a chronic pain
Topic Starter
itzTenzy
i was saying that the area that i play with is between medium and small
also i feel like i need to put quite a bit of pressure to aim properly
ill try doing what u say and also check out those threads
thanks